Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: What's with all the Sprint talk around here?

Device(s)
    iPhone SE, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    3 lines on Sprint, 1 line on Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Ummm, Sprint would roam free in the middle of Montana on whatever CDMA system is there.

Device(s)
    Droid Eris
    Carrier(s)
    VZW,
    Feedback Score
    So much for this thread not turning into a VZW vs Sprint argument.

For myself, I wouldn't consider Sprint as my main line, unless they beef up their NATIVE network. VZW roaming does me absoutely no good if when I'm in Sprint coverage, I can't pull in a decent signal. That's why I'm with VZW. Their network is great in my area, I have never dropped a call, and I almost never have to worry about being without coverage (unless I'm in school, and even here, they are still the best.) The Sprint maps are no good, since my specific area is in a "best" coverage area, but every phone I have used has told me different.

IMO, if the native network sucks in your area, there is no point in switching. If the native network is good in your area, go for it. They offer the best prices in wireless (even though I think T-Mobile is a better overall deal).

Device(s)
    EVO LTE
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    A lot of these sub forums are filled with territorial people who only want their ilk participating. The vzw sub is notorious for such behavior, all in the name of separate and nowhere near equal it seems like. A few post about the reason for dislike and some hate of Sprint so far is why them being brought up or their subs post rankles the crowd. There are vzw post all over the Sprint forum along with others so it shouldn't matter what the thread or poster is as long as it's relevant and not incendiary.

Device(s)
    Droid Eris
    Carrier(s)
    VZW,
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubspoon
    A lot of these sub forums are filled with territorial people who only want their ilk participating. The vzw sub is notorious for such behavior, all in the name of separate and nowhere near equal it seems like. A few post about the reason for dislike and some hate of Sprint so far is why them being brought up or their subs post rankles the crowd. There are vzw post all over the Sprint forum along with others so it shouldn't matter what the thread or poster is as long as it's relevant and not incendiary.
    I agree. It's mostly VZW vs Sprint. It's not happening too often in the AT&T or T-Mobile forum, but I'm not over there too often, so I can't speak on that. But people are gonna recommend what works for them. You and I both do it, along with mostly everybody else on this forum. I think it's good that users are expressing their feelings for their carriers, good or bad. It gives the potential customer an idea of what to expect.

Device(s)
    Note 3
    Carrier(s)
    SPCS
    Feedback Score
    I think that HoFo's structure contributes to the sorts of issues raised by the OP. Discussion is organized by carrier, with no obvious subforum devoted to comparisons between or among carriers, or discussions of broader trends in the industry.

When there is a discussion relating to VZW policies, plan changes, etc., I sometimes post on it because VZW is the market leader and the other carriers have tended to follow its lead in a lot of cases. So when VZW does something like implement a new restriction or increase its rates, I feel justified in commenting on it because there is some probability that if VZW is successful other carriers may follow suit.

If there was a non-carrier-specific venue in which to discuss such issues, I probably would be happier to leave the VZW subforum to the VZW fans, as it seems some VZW board regulars would prefer.

---
    Sprint legacy plan: LG V20 (me)|iPhone 6 (spouse)|iPhone 6s (kid1)|SGS7 (kid2)|iPhone 5s (backup line)
    ---

Device(s)
    EVO LTE
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by huntm856
    I think that HoFo's structure contributes to the sorts of issues raised by the OP. Discussion is organized by carrier, with no obvious subforum devoted to comparisons between or among carriers, or discussions of broader trends in the industry.

When there is a discussion relating to VZW policies, plan changes, etc., I sometimes post on it because VZW is the market leader and the other carriers have tended to follow its lead in a lot of cases. So when VZW does something like implement a new restriction or increase its rates, I feel justified in commenting on it because there is some probability that if VZW is successful other carriers may follow suit.

If there was a non-carrier-specific venue in which to discuss such issues, I probably would be happier to leave the VZW subforum to the VZW fans, as it seems some VZW board regulars would prefer.

I don't think any of that is necessary, as long as the subject matter is relative to post. What difference does it make who post or their carrier?

Device(s)
    Note 3
    Carrier(s)
    SPCS
    Feedback Score
    I agree with you that it *shouldn't* make a difference. The problem is that if you are not a subscriber to the carrier to which the board is dedicated and you make a critical comment, even if it is relevant to the thread, you can be dismissed/disparaged as a troll by board regulars.

I think that having a 'general wireless topics' board or something similar would eliminate this as a source of friction. People who didn't want to get involved in discussions of how their carriers' actions impact the industry more broadly, or didn't want to read opinions of non-subs that are critical of their carrier of choice could just stay away.

Besides, there are all sorts of very interesting wireless topics that don't fall into the carrier/platform/manufacturer-specific model used here that I think could be very engaging. These sorts of topics don't get started very often, and I think it is in large part because there is no apparent place here to start them.

Device(s)
    EVO LTE
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by huntm856
    I agree with you that it *shouldn't* make a difference. The problem is that if you are not a subscriber to the carrier to which the board is dedicated and you make a critical comment, even if it is relevant to the thread, you can be dismissed/disparaged as a troll by board regulars.

I think that having a 'general wireless topics' board or something similar would eliminate this as a source of friction. People who didn't want to get involved in discussions of how their carriers' actions impact the industry more broadly, or didn't want to read opinions of non-subs that are critical of their carrier of choice could just stay away.

Besides, there are all sorts of very interesting wireless topics that don't fall into the carrier/platform/manufacturer-specific model used here that I think could be very engaging. These sorts of topics don't get started very often, and I think it is in large part because there is no apparent place here to start them.

I think that wouldn't be bad but the general section in all the subs is for that. The zealots here are the ones being possessive about boards. According to a lot here I'm a troll even though my post are related to the subject, be it value, network, speed, devices, ETF's or 4G.

Feedback Score

This is a Blackberry Bold Forum

No matter which service it's on, Verizon, Sprint, Telus etc

Feedback Score
    Plus because Sprint and Verizon are both CDMA, They compete, but for the most part service, speed , reliability and service differences are insignificant.... The only real difference lies in price of phones and service. but for you informed customers it wont matter muddy in a few years, you will buy what phone you want then choose service, like Europe

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4