Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: What's with all the Sprint talk around here?

Device(s)
    LG enV Touch (VX11000)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Butthead007

. . . And here is the final part that really shows Verizon's class and benefits overall: they take very good care of their employees. Verizon Wireless employees are not only paid very well, but they also have access to other benefits that are very generous. On the one hand, it is sad when customers have a bad experience cause guess what, that employee is paid well. On the other hand, it is sad when people make blanket statements that VZW is a heartless corp cause they do provide many benefits. And those benefits ensure families have a roof over their head and adequate healthcare and other perks so we don't need a union or federal health care plan to be responsible.

Nope, Verizon Wireless has actually done many good things aside from providing excellent cell service. . . . They also take very good care of their employees. So that is where your money goes. . . .

This may come as something of a cruel surprise to you, but I, for one, don't purchase handsets/service from VZW, with feeding, clothing, and housing your family in mind! Talk about the tail trying to wag the dog!

We, the paying customers, do not exist for your benefit; rather, you and your apparently well-compensated co-workers ought to be concerning yourselves with responding - accurately, promptly, and courteously - to our consumer needs (that is to say, without the often thinly-veiled rent-a-cop "attitude" many of us encounter, in the process, thank you). Why, anyone would think that VZW has 'morphed into yet another public-sector entity!

Last edited by Uallach; 04-04-2010 at 03:53 AM.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    3 lines on Sprint, 1 line on Verizon
    Feedback Score
    If there were that many customers getting consistently screwed by Verizon, then dont you think their churn numbers would be different?
    As I have stated previously, give it time. This data issue is incredibly unpopular and will increase churn. It is too early to see right now and will take time. The only way I see things beiong different is if they begin offering a bigger, better selection of feature phones. I could care less how much it costs Verizon to do this or do that, the data charge is a scam fee, plain and simple. If they were going to make some fee mandatory, they should have done what At&t is doing and make the fee a la carte with messaging and/or data options or allow data blocking and less of a subsidy....i.ei. get the Env Touch for 79.99 with data plan or 119.99 without data plan.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    3 lines on Sprint, 1 line on Verizon
    Feedback Score

And here is the final part that really shows Verizon's class and benefits overall: they take very good care of their employees.
    I have a good friend who worked for Vzw for 20 years. His nuumbers were down the last 6 months and he got the ax. The entire dept. numbers were down...hello...the economy is in the toilet. He was completely [email protected]* on. In addition, Verizon treated former Alltel employees very poorly, like 2nd rate citizens. Here is a quote from a former Alltel employee I correspond with in PM's:

"The big V is a mighty backstabbing company to work for. I'm glad I'm not a part of it. I know a lot that have quit, just because of the way the company operates. Not a place I want to work."

I will not say who it is, but I assure you I did not fabricate that quote. But, outside of that I don't know. I am sure they are paid better and receive better benefits than the competition. That would not surprise me.

Device(s)
    EVO LTE
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    One thread caused a poster to feel the sanctity of the Vzw sub is being violated by Sprint propaganda. I say the OP tired of Sprint, thought this would be a respite and sounding board but sees the offending post as subversive marketing. The OP's experience is indicative of all currently on Sprint so they should keep their thoughts in that forum because it's all vzw all the time here.

Device(s)
    Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    At&t
    Feedback Score
    Here's a simple answer to the op. people are wisenening up. We all don't have money to throw away since the economy sucks. In this economy premium prices and brands will falter while people seek out other alternatives to verizons cutesey ads. Sprint provides a great value and people see it. Verizon is like the Titanic. Once great but about to sink. All great companies must reinvent and adjust to market times or else they will be left in the dust. Sprint has seen this and invested in 4g and providing a value service. Verizon fanboys say what you will now but in 5 years I don't see verizon commanding a large lead anymore.

Device(s)
    Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    At&t
    Feedback Score
    And if I may add. Lower class citizens are a force to be reckoned with. Just because they don't have money, they possess loads of social and political capital and band together. This is a highly profitable segment when they are loyal.

Feedback Score
    I agree with the OP not to mention the sprint Mods are very immature as well...just merely suggesting that someone should not get sprint makes you a troll...and i have sprint! go figure.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I for one have noticed the increase in Sprint talk in this forum...but honestly who cares. It's a public forum and people are free to discuss what they like as long as it doesn't turn into trolling or name calling or fanboyism.

I think the reason more Sprint talk is taking place is, as another post said, people are beginning to wise up in this difficult economy. If Sprint provides the same level of service where a person lives, and they can get it for less money, then why shouldn't the person take the cheaper route.

I also think it has something to do with Verizon charging more for everything, from the mandatory data plan on pretty much every phone, to the new $350 ETF for smartphones.

I currently pay $78+tax/month on Verizon with my corporate discount through my employer. If I were to go to Sprint for the same exact plan, I would pay $56+tax/month with a corporate discount through my school. Yes, the discounts are the same; both at 19% and both plans are the 450 minute plan with unlimited messaging and the blackberry plan.

That difference in cost every month adds up, especially as a college student who is working two jobs just to make ends meet. Now, with Sprint announcing the 30 day money back guarantee and the recent announcement of the HTC EVO 4G; I'm definitely willing to try Sprint out in Brooklyn.
    "The City of New York vs. Homer Simpson" (#179/#4F22); September 21, 1997

Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by l7jr
    I for one have noticed the increase in Sprint talk in this forum...but honestly who cares. It's a public forum and people are free to discuss what they like as long as it doesn't turn into trolling or name calling or fanboyism.

I think the reason more Sprint talk is taking place is, as another post said, people are beginning to wise up in this difficult economy. If Sprint provides the same level of service where a person lives, and they can get it for less money, then why shouldn't the person take the cheaper route.

I also think it has something to do with Verizon charging more for everything, from the mandatory data plan on pretty much every phone, to the new $350 ETF for smartphones.

I currently pay $78+tax/month on Verizon with my corporate discount through my employer. If I were to go to Sprint for the same exact plan, I would pay $56+tax/month with a corporate discount through my school. Yes, the discounts are the same; both at 19% and both plans are the 450 minute plan with unlimited messaging and the blackberry plan.

That difference in cost every month adds up, especially as a college student who is working two jobs just to make ends meet. Now, with Sprint announcing the 30 day money back guarantee and the recent announcement of the HTC EVO 4G; I'm definitely willing to try Sprint out in Brooklyn.
    If you do try Sprint in Brookyn just make sure to try the trial period out and see if Sprint works as good as Verizon.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorilla
    And if I may add. Lower class citizens are a force to be reckoned with. Just because they don't have money, they possess loads of social and political capital and band together. This is a highly profitable segment when they are loyal.
    Actually, individuals who place price as a priority in their decisions are the ones who are least loyal to a brand. They will always jump ship if someone else is cheaper.....otherwise price would not be a priority with them.

Device(s)
    RIM BB Pearl 8130
    Carrier(s)
    Big Red
    Feedback Score
    As the majority have already state on here, yeah, there is an increase in sprint talk, and its because they are significantly cheaper and in a few instances, provide similar levels of service.

I wouldn't have considered jumping ship a year ago, but adding a $40 premium (data on 4 of my lines) for no reason will cost me $960 over the course of a 24 mo. contract.

Now that Sprint has a legit trial system in place, I might check it out for a month and see how the water is.

Fact is that Sprint is a crappier network with crappier CS, and most of us know that, which is why we're on VZW. However, at this point in time, VZW might have just raised their prices enough to the point that we might just be able to put up with a little crappier service in return for saving about $2k over 2 years with a full family plan.

I dunno, we'll see. Service might be just as bad as it used to be, in that case I'll be stuck paying my premiums to big red. But I'm far more interested in switching than I ever have been, so I'll be testing out a few other options before I renew everyones accounts (that I own or influence).

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Just an observation... if you read the "Sprint" threads that have popped up here lately, you will notice that the vast majority of them (if not all of them) are started by a Verizon customer or a potential Verizon customer that wants to know how Sprint compares with Verizon.

There i nothing wrong with this IMO, as these are the largest 2 CDMA carriers in the U.S., and is probably the top 2 choices for cell service for most people when they prefer to stick to CDMA (or definitely among the top 4 choices for cell service if they prefer a nationwide carrier).

It is AFTER the thread is started by the OP (asking the Sprint vs. Verizon question), that you see Sprint customers chiming in their opinions (some are ex-Verizon customers, others are current Verizon customers).

While some responses in certain threads can be questionable, IMO the vast majority of responses have been constructive and helping OP get a "full" picture of what to expect when comparing Sprint vs. Verizon. (You can NEVER have a "full" picture of anything by only listening to one side of the story but not the other.)

Thus, IMHO there isn't anything to get P.O.'ed or wound up about Sprint users posting in Verizon's forum. If Verizon forum members want to stop that... then they should stop Verizon customers from asking about Sprint (or any other carrier for that matter)!
    - Chokaay

Device(s)
    Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    At&t
    Feedback Score
    the last 4 or 5 replies in response to my reply have been well thought out, and reflective of the scope of everything, I enjoy intelligent interaction.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorilla
    the last 4 or 5 replies in response to my reply have been well thought out, and reflective of the scope of everything, I enjoy intelligent interaction.
    I agree with you Gorilla about the last responses. I was afraid this was going to turn into a Verizon rules/Sprint sucks type of thread but it hasn't.

Another thing I forgot to mention is that if Sprint doesn't happen to have service, there is always the vast amount of roaming agreements they have, even if it means roaming on 1x. Roaming on 1x is better than not having any service at all honestly.

Device(s)
    Samsung Moment
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint,
    Feedback Score
    Except often Sprint will try desperately to hang on to a native sprint signal than to switch over to roaming on Verizon, thus leaving you with no service anyway. (All new sprint phones had the "force roam" option removed.)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast