Thread: Xfinity?

Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score

Xfinity?

What's the point in "XFINITY"? I actually think it's a dumb idea. I think they should have just kept the name "Comcast" and not used this "XFINITY" thing as a marketing tool.

I do enjoy the Verizon FiOS advertisements making fun of it though..

Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    It is used to unify the product line. Just like at&t U-verse, Verizon FIOS, and Cablevison Optimum.

Device(s)
    Moto Atrix HD various ROMs
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by avenue
    What's the point in "XFINITY"? I actually think it's a dumb idea. I think they should have just kept the name "Comcast" and not used this "XFINITY" thing as a marketing tool.

I do enjoy the Verizon FiOS advertisements making fun of it though..
    I think it's extremely funny, and I'm loving the Verizon ads with the "comcast" guy showing up at the door selling xfinity!!!

There is nothing new.

It reminds me of Morse in "How to succeed in business..." Huge laughs and right on!

Nothing new - same low-res digital channels. Same very high priced packages including Jewelery TV. WWWWOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWW.

I hope Verizon ads tear them to shreds.

Okay - off soapbox!!!
    Moto Atrix HD: (fantastic reception) Younggun's HoloBlur X, and stock rooted JB
    Moto Atrix 4G: (great reception) M Montuori's Atrix-MROM 2013-03-30 (CM7.2)
    tmo SGS 4G (poor reception): bhundven's unnamed v1 (GB)
    tmo (Huawei U8651T) (good reception) Prism, CWM recov v4, CM 7.2 stable rom for U8650 Sonic

Device(s)
    Moto Atrix HD various ROMs
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    Actually...

I recently received a note from Comcast saying

"After 5/11/2010, any TV without a digital device will receive Basic Service channels only." (and in the fine print below: "QAM tuner digital TVs will only be able to receive Basic Service without additional digital equipment." )

So I read that as that all digital channels will be scrambled.
    So they felt they had to give it a new name to justify the prices people are now going to have to pay. So superspaceinfilityitswonderful name was born.

Fortunately, I can receive HDTV OTA, and I don't need jewelery TV, so I'm fine...

Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristi38
    Actually...

I recently received a note from Comcast saying

"After 5/11/2010, any TV without a digital device will receive Basic Service channels only." (and in the fine print below: "QAM tuner digital TVs will only be able to receive Basic Service without additional digital equipment." )

So I read that as that all digital channels will be scrambled.
    So they felt they had to give it a new name to justify the prices people are now going to have to pay. So superspaceinfilityitswonderful name was born.

Fortunately, I can receive HDTV OTA, and I don't need jewelery TV, so I'm fine...

They did this in the Portland market 2 years ago. They are doing it in most markets, it frees up a-lot of bandwidth for more digital services. They will give you the first 2 DTAs (Digital to Analog Converters) for free then each one after that is $1.99 a month.

I get crap channels OTA including Jewelery TV.