Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Evo 4g and Everything Plus Referral Program?

Feedback Score

Evo 4g and Everything Plus Referral Program?

Do you think the Evo 4g or the N1 will work with the Everything Plus Referral Program? I'm looking to get a new family plan in either May or June and I want one of these phones. Are there any cheaper alternatives to the everything plus plan? I'm the only one in my family who uses texts / internet.

Carrier(s)
    Samsung M520
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by erickd
    Do you think the Evo 4g or the N1 will work with the Everything Plus Referral Program? I'm looking to get a new family plan in either May or June and I want one of these phones. Are there any cheaper alternatives to the everything plus plan? I'm the only one in my family who uses texts / internet.
    Depending on how many phones you need, the Everything Data Family with a big discount is cheaper than the EPRP.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by deafcon
    Depending on how many phones you need, the Everything Data Family with a big discount is cheaper than the EPRP.
    Haha. My bad. I meant the Everything Plus™ Data Family - with Any Mobile, AnytimeSM w/ referral. It's $109.99 for 2 lines, and I only need two lines--one for me and one for my mom. Although I'm the only one who needs data and text messaging. But will the Evo 4g even work with this plan?

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 4S 16GB
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint (ED Family 1500)
    Feedback Score
    Haha. My bad. I meant the Everything Plus™ Data Family - with Any Mobile, AnytimeSM w/ referral. It's $109.99 for 2 lines, and I only need two lines--one for me and one for my mom. Although I'm the only one who needs data and text messaging. But will the Evo 4g even work with this plan?
    Sure it will work. There are no restrictions with the EPRP plans. The only problem you may run into is that new phones may not be offered through EPRP channels at launch.

I think what deafcon was saying is that the regular Everything Data Family plan at $129.99 with a good corporate discount may work out better for you.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by klimb22
    Sure it will work. There are no restrictions with the EPRP plans. The only problem you may run into is that new phones may not be offered through EPRP channels at launch.

I think what deafcon was saying is that the regular Everything Data Family plan at $129.99 with a good corporate discount may work out better for you.
    I see. I was hoping to add a corporate discount to the ERPR plan. Is that not possible? Also, Would I be able to take the regular plan and upgrade it to the ERPR plan--in case it's actually cheaper than a regular plan w/ a corporate discount?

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 4S 16GB
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint (ED Family 1500)
    Feedback Score
    I see. I was hoping to add a corporate discount to the ERPR plan. Is that not possible? Also, Would I be able to take the regular plan and upgrade it to the ERPR plan--in case it's actually cheaper than a regular plan w/ a corporate discount?
    No corporate discounts on the EPRP plans. Work the numbers before you open up the new plan. It's easier to go from EPRP to regular plan than it is the other way around.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by klimb22
    No corporate discounts on the EPRP plans. Work the numbers before you open up the new plan. It's easier to go from EPRP to regular plan than it is the other way around.
    Haha, thanks for the advice. I called customer service and they told me I get 20% off because of my school. However, when I tried my email at http://sprint.p.delivery.net/m/p/nxt/ais/wdyw.asp it said I wasn't eligible for any discounts. Anyway, the discount applied to a regular plan beats the ERPR plan's pricing. Now to get a prepaid phone and wait for the Evo 4g. =]

Feedback Score
    Rather than starting a new thread, I think it can go in here.

I am (mostly likely) going to be switching to Sprint from AT&T for this phone. I have never had another carrier other than AT&T/Cingular, so I know nothing about Sprint.

I keep seeing these commercials with the Sprint CEO saying that for 69.99 you can get unlimited minutes, data, and text. Is there any reason why this plan wouldn't apply to the EVO 4G? Are those unlimited minutes able to be used 24/7?

Device(s)
    Galaxy S7
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Don't have Sprint now but will switch when my current contract ends. How would you bring it down to $109.99 for 2 lines ? I have friend who is on Sprint for a long time. He would just refer me?
    "Sometimes I like to get into the bath, fill it with water,
    turn on the shower and pretend I'm in a submarine that's been hit."

Device(s)
    Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    At&t
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Camp

I am (mostly likely) going to be switching to Sprint from AT&T for this phone. I have never had another carrier other than AT&T/Cingular, so I know nothing about Sprint.

I keep seeing these commercials with the Sprint CEO saying that for 69.99 you can get unlimited minutes, data, and text. Is there any reason why this plan wouldn't apply to the EVO 4G? Are those unlimited minutes able to be used 24/7?
    Nope people think u will still be able to use this plan with the plan u want which is called anymobile anytime. Also yes u can use your minutes 24 7 but it's calls to other cell phones. If you call landlines u have. Bucket of 450 minutes to use for the month.

Device(s)
    HTC Evo
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    We don't know for sure what plan the EVO 4G will require yet because there has not been an official announcement from Sprint. Sprint has dropped several hints that it will work on current plans though...

As for the question about the plan in that commercial...

The plan they are talking about in that commercial includes:
    450 anytime minutes (which are only used for calls to/from landline phones)
    Nights and weekends at 7:00 pm
    Unlimited mobile to mobile (anytime, any network, not only Sprint but all carriers)
    Unlimited Sprint Navigation, Sprint TV, and all the other Sprint services

It's a pretty good deal. There are a few disadvantages if you are used to GSM (AT&T) though. For example, no simultaneous voice and data (which makes your sling player, streaming video/audio, or tethered internet connection to your laptop stop everytime you get a text message), and you have to go through Sprint's activation nazi everytime you switch phones (no SIM card) which means Sprint can put certain plan requirements on certain phones, and also limit your phone selection, and there is no getting around it. Sprint's 3G is slower than AT&T's too, so if you are not in a 4G area that might be something you want to consider.

Also, apps that use your location like Bing and Google Maps take significantly longer to locate you on CDMA (Sprint) than they do on GSM (AT&T).

All in all, this will be the best phone on the market if nothing else is announced between now and the time it is released. But a few of those disadvantages caught me by surprise when I dropped AT&T for Sprint so I thought I would list them.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorilla
    Quote Originally Posted by SaltyDawg
    Thanks for the replies people. They were helpful.

Feedback Score

This is the problem with the new Sprint ads. It isn't unlimited minutes. They're really trying to mislead people with those ads. It's unfortunate. It's 450 minutes and 7pm night and weekends with unlimited calls to mobile numbers that are listed as mobile numbers in their database.

It's still a great value. I just wish Sprint's ads felt less like a used car salesperson trying to convince you the smell in the car was just cleaning products when you know there's something wrong.

Device(s)
    SIII, TBolt, G1
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I have the $30 / month SERO plan and am long out of contract. The EVO 4G may tempt me to abandon that. I expect it will be expensive and even if I switch to a new plan for which it is eligible I will only get $150 off. so I am exploring ways to get it cheaper.

I have an ATT phone and don't really need my Sprint line so I could cancel it. for how long does it have to be inactive until I am considered a new customer? Is it six months?

Alternately my wife works for a huge, rich techie company which commands large discounts (except for Apple stuff as they are a competitor) - she would be considered a new customer to Sprint so we would be eligible for large discounts. I could port my Sprint # to a $10/month add a line for ATT and then port it back to Sprint. I don't need any more GSM phones so I could just eBay the new cellphone and hopefully get enough to defray the $10/month charge till the contract ended.

Device(s)
    HTC Inspire 4G
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    ... You DO realize the $150 discount is new customer pricing, correct? Not sure how much cheaper you want to get the phone for.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast