Thread: Warranty Service for Palm Centro fom Sprint, not Palm?

Feedback Score

Warranty Service for Palm Centro fom Sprint, not Palm?

My daughter's Palm Centro stopped working, it was purchased about 6 months ago. I did not purchase any of the Sprint coverages.

In the box there is a 1 year warranty from Palm. It says to look at the Palm website to find out how to obtain warranty service. The Palm website says for a carrier branded phone to contact the carrier.

Does anyone have any experience obtaining manufacturer's warranty service from Sprint? Do they resist doing it if you didn't purchase one of their coverages? Do they repair the phone in the store, or send it out? Any general advice?

Device(s)
    HTC Inspire 4G
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    If you purchased the Centro from Sprint 6 months ago (aka it wasn't a used device you got on ebay/craigslist), Sprint will honor the warranty for 1 year. Repairs are handled in dedicated Sprint service & repair shops, and are usually completed within an hour.

That being said, what went wrong with your Centro? Maybe I can help diagnose it from here and help you out.

Feedback Score
    It is dead, does not turn on.

Quote Originally Posted by entropism
    That being said, what went wrong with your Centro? Maybe I can help diagnose it from here and help you out.

Device(s)
    HTC Inspire 4G
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Can you take a picture of the bottom of the phone where the charging cable connects and link it here? If not, what color are the contacts? Once you take the pic, you can host in on Photobucket or another service and then link to it here.

Device(s)
    one with shiny buttons!
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Centro's are notorious for going into Hot Sync mode constantly and then it will just die and not turn on. What happens is the bottom charging/data port gets gunked up and causes the phone to think you are trying to hotsync to a computer non stop.

There is a test that I call the red light of death. If the phone is DOA and you see a red light when you plug in a charger and nothing else, the phone is toast. Most likely it got liquid intrusion thru the data port on the bottom of the phone.

This has been a constant issue with Treo's/Centro's dating back to the Treo 650 in 2005 or so.
    Support your local Sprint Retail Store!
    http://www.sprintstorelocator.com/