Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: BlueAnt T1 Rugged Bluetooth Headset

Device(s)
    V60i, V60c
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Retailer Suggestions?

Has anyone found the T1 at retail (aside from Fry's)? I'm asking because I have been trying Best Buy, as it is the only other retailer listed on the BlueAnt website, and they're not carrying it yet. I'm dieing to try this thing but I don't want to buy it from anyone who will charge shipping for a return (I'll gladly drive it back to a retailer for the $1 in gas).

Any suggestions?

Thanks for everyone's help,
    Jeremy

Device(s)
    Tilt 1
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Does this have a micro or mini USB connector? All the images of this on the net have the connector covered up. Can someone who has this post an image of it or the cable that comes with it?

Thanks!
    |< | /\/\ ( ) Cal

Feedback Score
    it is a micro usb connection.

Device(s)
    Tilt 1
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzwinkus View Post
    it is a micro usb connection.
    Thanks fizzwinkus. Now it's not that weird micro usb found on some digital cameras but the micro usb that is used on phone correct?

Feedback Score

Device(s)
    Tilt 1
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzwinkus View Post
    Thanks for the confirmation on the confirmation Ordered mine.

To all those that have it: Are there any quirks or regrets yet with it?

Device(s)
    V60i, V60c
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Device(s)
    V60i, V60c
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    BTW, it's very odd that the CNET review says that the T1 is "The best BlueAnt headset so far" and yet they gave it 3.5 stars out of 5, while the Q1 had 4 stars out of 5. Weird...

Device(s)
    Tilt 1
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score

Device(s)
    V60i, V60c
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Still No Retailers Carrying T1?

Has anyone found the T1 at retail (aside from Fry's)? The wait is killing me. Best Buy is listed on BlueAnt's website but they're not carrying it. I don't want to buy it from an online shop because I would have to pay return shipping if I don't like it so I am trying to hold out. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Jeremy

Feedback Score

Re

2 July will be the release date

"T1 at the MSRP of $89.99 will be available starting July 2 at Best Buy, Future Shop, The Source, Rogers, Bell, Telus and TBooth and Wireless Wave..."

http://eon.businesswire.com/portal/s...00&newsLang=en

Device(s)
    V60i, V60c
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TravelMate View Post
    2 July will be the release date

"T1 at the MSRP of $89.99 will be available starting July 2 at Best Buy, Future Shop, The Source, Rogers, Bell, Telus and TBooth and Wireless Wave..."

http://eon.businesswire.com/portal/s...00&newsLang=en

Thanks for the update. This looks like a Canadian list of retailers? Best Buy in the US still isn't showing it on their website, which pretty much means that most (if not all) stores are not carrying it yet.

Feedback Score
    Try tigerdirect.ca and newegg.ca. The price is C$69.99 plus shipping. I asked both sources and they are selling retail Blueant packaging and not bulk packaging.

Device(s)
    V60i, V60c
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Quick T1 Review

Everyone,

I finally caved in and drove to my local Fry's (it's not close) to buy a T1, as I couldn't hold out any longer for Best Buy or RadioShack to carry it. I have been a very longtime user of the Z9 and Z9i, so that's pretty much my comparison point. I also recently tried the Jawbone Icon (not great sound) and Motorola H17txt (not comfortable). Here's my feedback (software v1.4):

Pros
    - Very impressive wind noise reduction under all circumstances EXCEPT for very strong wind.
    - Comfortable enough, although not as comfortable as my Z9i.
    - Caller ID voice announcement is nice, but the voice is way too "computerized".
    - Excellent noise elimination when you're not talking.

Cons
    - Poor talk time. I doubt I could get 2.5 hrs + 8 hrs standby out of it. The Z9i probably last 3.5 hrs + 8 hrs standby. This alone is a dealbreaker for me.
    - Everyone said I sounded "tinny". This is because there is no voice isolation toggle, so it's always on noise cancellation. It's somewhere between voice isolation standard and voice isolation max on the Z9i, which causes it not to sound as natural as the Z9i under quiet conditions (ie. sitting in a quiet office). This is a deal breaker for me, given that I use my phone in my office quite a lot and it has to sound very good in quiet conditions.

Conclusion - I just can't keep it, as the 2 cons above are both deal breakers for me. I'm thinking that, similar to other BlueAnt headsets, they will probably tweak the sound pretty quickly and issue a firmware upgrade. Given how well it worked with the wind, if they improve on the sound then I would be willing to try it again with the hope that the battery life would be better than I first measured.

If you're looking for a headset that needs to work well in the wind then this is it - trust me. The best part is that it seems to use a "honeycomb" design to eliminate wind getting to the dual mics, which means that it's probably not very reliant on DSP to eliminate wind, which is where most headsets fall short. Very smart design.

I hope this helps,
    Jeremy

Device(s)
    Verizon iPhone 4S
    Feedback Score
    Jeremy, thanks for taking the bullet for us! Sorry it didn't work out for you!
    Air goes in and out. Blood goes round and round. Any deviation is a problem.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast