Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: iDEN sightings in your town - share!

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    A few of us medical transportation drivers uses Nextel since there's two huge mountains blocking coverage for alternative two-way radio operations.
    Anything below this statement isn't part of the post I just made.
    Past Phones: Nokia 3390, 6010, 6133, 5310, X2-02
    Motorola v635, SLVR, v300
    ATT Fuze, HTC Evo 3D
    Samsung Galaxy 4G

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    The last time I saw someone using Nextel was at a hotel in SFO I was doing telecom work for in March. A bunch of the employees had i290s and were using the 2-way to reach each other since cell service can be spotty on-property depending on where you are.

Other than that, I don't see anyone on iDEN . It's a dying breed. I've still got my i776 on Boost's PAYG but I don't carry it with me anymore.
    Castrol EDGE 0W-20 is my drug of choice.

Primary: iPhone 11
    Secondary: TracFones: iPhone 6s+ [AT&T] & iPhone XS [Verizon]
    Mobile Broadband: ZTE Z917 LTE hotspot (5GB for $10) + iPad Mini 4 w/ T-Mobile LTE

Device(s)
    Current: r765 ARMADILLO bad boy
    Carrier(s)
    SEXTEL. | MMMMM... DONE.
    Feedback Score
    I never see anything here. It's all texting, touch screens, etc. I'm holding an i877 that can't even text..... and I'm proud of it.

Device(s)
    Sonim XP5, iPhone SE, lG 290c, iPad mini 2
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Verizon, Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I love it when im out on the town and my nextel is beeping and chirpin away. always gets people attention!

Device(s)
    LG G8, LG K20 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I just came back from spending 10 days in Tampa FL. I saw quite a few Nextel & Boost Mobile users. However, I saw more iPhones than I could count.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    My mechanic uses a i580. Knew what it was right away as soon as I saw the antenna sticking up.

Otherwise, I see a few boost mobile phones in Brooklyn.
    "The City of New York vs. Homer Simpson" (#179/#4F22); September 21, 1997

Carrier(s)
    boost mobile
    Feedback Score

boost is popular

in the high desert area of so. california boost and nextel is it!!! even though verizon is king here, i have seen so many boost/nextel phones here to a point where i have seen so many models of iden phones i have never seen before or heard before!! half my calls are PTT and Widen has been enable??? When I goto the Widen trace mode ms=1 and fne=1 which means Widen?? please let me know if I'm wrong.. I just know Iden rules in this intense area and lag was very bad till a month ago when LAPi info changed to all 1... Has your area gone to Widen???

Hop, Skip, and a Jump from Tijuana, Mexico
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sirslayerjr
    in the high desert area of so. california boost and nextel is it!!! even though verizon is king here, i have seen so many boost/nextel phones here to a point where i have seen so many models of iden phones i have never seen before or heard before!! half my calls are PTT and Widen has been enable??? When I goto the Widen trace mode ms=1 and fne=1 which means Widen?? please let me know if I'm wrong.. I just know Iden rules in this intense area and lag was very bad till a month ago when LAPi info changed to all 1... Has your area gone to Widen???
    There is no more WiDen in the US. It was disabled at the tower level years ago!!
    MOBILE HISTORY:
    TM
    * 16: Moto X Pure 64GB Black
    TM, Telcel, ATT
    * 15: Note 3, ZE600, 2720
    * 14: Galaxy Avant, Z600
    Sprint/ATT
    * 12: GS3, 2720
    Nextel/Boost/ATT
    * 10: BB8350i, 2720
    * 09: i9, BB7520
    * 08: Tilt, i450
    * 07: W810i, A707, 8125, BlackJack
    * 06: L6, Z520, 6682
    VZ/TM/ATT
    * 05: 7135, i600, V551, 6230, 6620, Z600
    * 04: V300, T610, 6035, 3390
    * 03: T720C
    * 02: Advx CDM4000, 9000, 9155GPX, Thera

Carrier(s)
    boost mobile
    Feedback Score

Widen

ok what does ms=1 and fne=1 under Widen trace mean?? any Iden experts can reply please!!! ms=1 means phone is widen enable and fne=1 means tower is widen enable.... i just read the Iden/Motorola hardware tech guide..

Carrier(s)
    boost mobile
    Feedback Score

Widen

And im getting great internet download on my i850 and great i776 text messages in the the last month...

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S10e
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    plenty of Iden in use in the ATL. Mostly industrial folks, alot of it is Southern LINC. But I see quite a few people with Boost i465's. Not alot of Direct Connect use though. Though the other day I was at the Philly Connection on US41 near I-285 and someone was in there with an I9 on a DC call, I could hear the talk permit which is what got my attention.

I still get looks when I whip out the i365. "Is that a cordless phone?"

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    i work at a wendy's and i see and hear them sooo frequently that the noises haunt me after a 10 hour shift.

Carrier(s)
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    I was at the darlington nascar race a few weeks ago. We had a manufacture sponsored get together for hvac dealers. Just about every person in the hospitality village had Nextel(hundreds if not thousands) some of there wives had other phones mostly att. I saw a crap load of 580's,850's,680's,8350i's . Everyone was chirping away while the ones with att were getting connection problems probably due to capacity

Device(s)
    Kyocera DuraXT-Primary
    Carrier(s)
    NEXTEL-DONE
    Feedback Score

i95cl

Yesterday in Brooklyn, saw a guy using an i95cl,he was pretty young,so I was surprised,he was dc-ing
    Leaving Brooklyn? FUGGEDDABOUDDIT!

Device(s)
    LG Fusic LX550
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint PCS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sirslayerjr View Post
    ok what does ms=1 and fne=1 under Widen trace mean?? any Iden experts can reply please!!! ms=1 means phone is widen enable and fne=1 means tower is widen enable.... i just read the Iden/Motorola hardware tech guide..
    It means it has interleave 6:1 AMBE vocoder enabled both in the Mobile Subscriber (MS) handset and Fixed Network Equipment (FNE) base station, also called EBTS - short for Enhanced Base Station. The base station software are upgraded to support more capacity.

MS = 1
    FNE = 1

In some markets, WiDEN is enabled for 70 Kbps download and around 40-50 Kpbs upload. It is mainly used for packet data that contain PIN, MMS, SMS, and UDP internet related data.

Hope this helps!

TVZ

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast