Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: iDEN sightings in your town - share!

Device(s)
    All of 'em
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile US
    Feedback Score

iDEN sightings in your town - share!

Hey all:

So, we all know iDEN is on the decline nationally ... but I thought it would be nice to keep a running tally of how many NEXTEL/BOOST/SoLINC phones you see in and around your town on a daily/weekly basis.

Obviously I don't want to count your family/friends/coworkers - just seeing strangers around town with iDEN sets.

It's getting pretty rare for me up in Boston, but what gave me the idea for this thread was seeing a kid about my age (27) on the street downtown yesterday using the PTT on an i9 -- my first actual i9 sighting since launch!

Aside from that, I heard a Moto "Ring 6" on the train yesterday as well, so someone was rocking a Condor or a Falcon.

What about you? How often and what kind?

Device(s)
    HTC EVO-i880
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I never really see or hear nextel phones anymore, but I did hear a ringer 4 today. I have never seen an i9 in the wild. Only i465, i580, i576 and an i880 in my last sightings over a few months. I know they are out there. Just hiding in pockets or covered by a jacket in the holster. I only know 4 people with PTT now that I would talk to. I'm getting Nexus One when it hits Sprint. I love Nextel but they are just not out there anymore.
    North Twin Cities, MN..
    Sprint-Boost Mobile
    Everything Family 4 Lines-EVO 4G-Epic 4G-Hero-Hero- All Android
    Boost Pay-Go-i880 or whatever I feel like
    Airave
    20-(15.7)-(13.6)-(12.4)-(8.9)-(7.3) Million Strong but Weakening? iden

AutoUpLinkUSA- Auto dealer, Inventory Management, Photography, Window Labels, Publishing. (Field Agent)

Carrier(s)
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    i see a crap load of boosters in sumter and orangeburg. at least 5 a day . mostly when they are talking on them close by are at there homes. in columbia charleston and sumter i see alot of nextel mostly other contractors cops fireman lawn companies

Device(s)
    htc Evo 4G, Moto i1
    Carrier(s)
    sprint/nextel
    Feedback Score
    jersey city, nj. everybody n their mother got boost. nah, really...everybody AND their mother. im the only one i see with nextel, then like he said theres the construction crews with their 580s. my i9 still turns heads, surprising being the p.o.s. it is. i just swapped it out for an 8350. would really like that smartphone though. was gonna run get that 890 but ima ride out this bb til the i1 lands in my hands. i see a comeback in the horizon. remember where u heard it first.
    I'M BAAACK.

Device(s)
    All of 'em
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile US
    Feedback Score
    I continue to see a lot of Boost phones here in Boston - there was a 335 on the escalator the other day, and today I saw a 465 in an Anna's Taqueria and also heard a Ring 7 on the T. Tough to tell apart the Boost from the Nextel at a distance with those models.

Device(s)
    gzone boulder (orange) pageplus
    Carrier(s)
    metro pcs family plan $25 unlimited talk and text + $35 unlimited talk text and 250mb 4g
    Feedback Score
    almost everyone on my dads jobsite, almost all of then use nextel, a few use verizon like my dad

Device(s)
    Droid X
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    We got a lotta nextelers in California, and a lot more boost mobile unlimited people. Almost 1 out of every 3 guys here has a boost mobile as a 2nd phone to keep their gfs out of their private affairs lol, but ya dont ask me i got 3 phones, my droid which does all my stuff for me, and my nextel which handles what my droid doesnt..PTT and i got the iphone which i primarily use to hookup in car and listen to music lol.

Device(s)
    Moto G6, Nokia 6.1
    Carrier(s)
    T- Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I work in a high school in Illinois. I see lots and lots of boost, and all the administrators and security have Nextel. Most of the students have the i465, and you see a few i856's. From time to time I see a 335. I am starting to see a good number of the two sanyo cdma phones as well.

Device(s)
    iPhone X 256GB, iPad Pro 11" 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, Unreal Mobile, Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Yesterday, cable guy came to install TV service at my home. He was toting a Nextel phone. I chit-chatted with him a bit about the technology - he said that the service is bad around here still years after Sprint bought them. I use Boost iDEN on a prepaid account extremely rare so I never run into issues, but I'm surprised to hear anyone still having lots of dropped calls and even dropped DC sessions given how much Nextel has lost. (He said this is the case locally)

I guess they didn't lose many subscribers in THIS area.

--Kidd
    Hear me on Twitter: @alexkidd1 / On YouTube: @AlexKidd4Fun

Carrier(s)
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    people do tend to complain more about things they DONT pay for . i had a tech working the sumter area last year. where nextel has great coverage. that lived in orangeburg where there is great coverage that partied in allendale where is there is no coverage

Carrier(s)
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    he complained constantly. he never paid a dime for the service. he ended up loosing his job for that same partieing.

Device(s)
    All of 'em
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile US
    Feedback Score
    ^Worse ways than that to lose a job.

Boost service up here in Beantown is okay, but inconsistent. I usually have a solid 3-bar signal on my Clutch in my house (dunno the RSSI values since I've never gone into trace mode on it), but it will sporadically drop to zero, sometimes in standby, sometimes in the middle of a call.

Back OT: Saw a guy with an i576 DCing on the T tonight. He was a rude DC user, with full-volume speakerphone. The chirp was PIERCING in the small train car.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile US
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Around here I only see Nextel phones with business/emergency workers. I work in an ER and I see a lot of EMTs with Nextel phones... the Comcast/Sears/and other servicepeople often have them.

Apart from that, AT&T, Verizon, and T-Mobile pretty much own this market with smartphones, especially AT&T.
    Carriers I've used: Sprint, T-Mobile, Cricket, AT&T, Verizon, Page Plus, Virgin Mobile, Movistar, AT&T Mexico, Telcel, Straight Talk, RingPlus.
    Phones I've used: iPhone 6S, iPhone 5c, HTC One M9, Samsung Galaxy S3, LG G2, BlackBerry Storm, Nokia 820, Motorola Atrix HD, iPhone 4S, HTC One V, iPhone 4, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia N9, Samsung Focus, Samsung Captivate, Nokia N900, HTC 8525, iPhone 3GS, iPhone, Nokia E61i, Siemens A56...

Device(s)
    Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    At&t
    Feedback Score
    I was at a restaurant and a guy was using his I580.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Here in the Jacksonville, FL area there are lots of Boosters and Nextelers. I hear people using the PTT all the time in grocery stores and Walmart. I get a pretty good Nextel signal in all of Northeast FL for the most part and I really haven't experienced too many dropped calls/PTT conversations. I live in a small town south of Jacksonville and we have a Sprint/Nextel store and one selling Boost. Closest VZW store is about 12 miles away. We Rednecks seem to love iDen's PTT. Much better than a CB radio! Now if they could just get service out there where ol' Cletus makes his 'shine.....

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast