Thread: Activating Alltell RAZR on VZW

Device(s)
    VZW Razr v3C (struggling w/ UI)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Activating Alltell RAZR on VZW

Hey, gang. I'm a RAZR fan, and am planning to stick with it as long as I can. Recently, to replace my ailing phone, I bought an Alltell phone off of eBay in mint condition (I very much dislike Verizon's UI, while loving their network). I called to try and activate the phone but was told that there is no way it could be activated on VZW network, because of "Alltell market restricitons".

Given that it's the same physical hardware as the Verizon RAZR I'm using today, and that I heard stories of people activating Alltell RAZRs on the network before, I'm thinking this is some kind of an artificial restriction imposed by Verizon. The rep though seemed pretty sure that there's no way that the hardware can be connected to their network - not even with a firmware flash (ech).

Does anyone know if what I'm trying to do is possible, and if so, what the magic sequence of steps is to getting Verizon to allow me to do it?

Feedback Score
    Try a Verizon mvno or reseller, some of them allow Alltel. Blackdog Wireless does. Page Plus MIGHT. Seeing as how their Bring your own phone policies have been devastated of lately, hard to tell. H20 or Air Voice might. Mingo won't accept Alltel esns far as I know.

Device(s)
    ATNI Alltel: HTC, Telular Box, V262
    Carrier(s)
    ATT, Alltel (ATNI), Verizon, Globalstar
    Feedback Score
    The new prls both Verizon and Alltel are using now drive the V3C nuts. Dont even bother with that phone.

Device(s)
    Casio Rock
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Get a casio rock, way better phone, really durable :-)
    Squires
    FCC Radio Operator, KK1G
    NARTE Telecommunications Technician, (NCT)
    Commercial Radiotelephone Operator w/ ship radar (FCC)
    GMDSS Radio Operator / Maintainer (FCC)
    Canadian Radio Operator, VE3UPK