View Poll Results: Are you having Issues with Your AT&T Nexus One Screen?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • My Screen Looks Perfect!!!

8 80.00%
  • My Screen is having this issue or other issues

1 10.00%
  • I can't tell

1 10.00%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: AT&T Nexus One Screen problems???

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

AT&T Nexus One Screen problems???

Device(s)
    Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    dont start scaring me now, my order is on the way! i dont even see the problem in that BGR article. i think they are imagining things...,
    Current Device: Nexus One
    Phone History: |N97 Mini| |5800| |E71-2| |N95-4| |N95-3| |N75| |6131| |6230| |SE T616|

| My HoFo Feedback |

Device(s)
    Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    bgr is an android hater. i removed his site from my rss feeds a while ago after his "android isnt human" rant.
    My Blog

Phone History: Motorola Timeport P7389, Motorola V60, Sony Ericsson T637, Motorola V620, Motorola RAZR V3i, Nokia E61, Nokia N73 ME, Samsung BlackJack, Nokia N95-2 8GB, Nokia E71-2, HTC G1

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    well, i can definitely see a difference, but to me it looks like the ATT version has brightness settings all the way up and the other one doesn't. Who knows.. That's why i want to see what some HoFo's say about the situation..

Device(s)
    Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    well i cant tell on my nexus one here, but i dont have the other to compare it to. i dont see any purple hue though. but i'm also new to this phone, so...

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerPodacter
    well i cant tell on my nexus one here, but i dont have the other to compare it to. i dont see any purple hue though. but i'm also new to this phone, so...

well, is it clear (easily legible) when in a dark room? Because the pics BGR was showing i couldn't even read or see the icons on the folder clearly. And on that black page with the phone info listed it had that purple hue that showed up... If it doesn't have that then it sounds fine to me..

So how well does the touchscreen perform?

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MENDEH
    bgr is an android hater. i removed his site from my rss feeds a while ago after his "android isnt human" rant.
    I took him off my RSS when I realized that all the information I can get from him, I get from Engadget and Gizmodo hours before. He's just... redundant.
    My statements and opinions do not reflect those of my employer, AT&T Mobility. This is disclosed per FTC regulation.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    uh oh looks like BGR WAS lying.. in our HoFo poll we have a 100% users saying that their screen is perfect. LOL, of course it's only 1 vote..

Device(s)
    Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bridgeman
    well, is it clear (easily legible) when in a dark room? Because the pics BGR was showing i couldn't even read or see the icons on the folder clearly. And on that black page with the phone info listed it had that purple hue that showed up... If it doesn't have that then it sounds fine to me..

So how well does the touchscreen perform?
    i mean yeah, so far its clear. i'll try more testing tonight when its dark. i read the BGR article, and honestly the pics in the article didnt even look that bad to me. so i dont really understand the problem. i guess i saw a slight purple tint, but i didnt see any blurry text.

EDIT: oh wait, i re-read the article, yes i see the blurry text. no my nexus is crisp as a bell compared to that. so i dont think i have a defective display. but i see the problem now. thank goodness i'm safe!!

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    i'm seriously thinking that the settings weren't the same... I'm starting to agree with MENDEH

Device(s)
    Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    can anyone confirm if the nexus screen is glass or plastic? i know most say its glass, but when i tap my fingernail on this thing it sounds exactly like plastic. i've seen the youtube video of the guy who dropped his nexus, and the broken screen sure looked like a glass break. but it just doesnt sound and feel like glass to me. am i crazy?

Device(s)
    Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Just got mine, compared it to a co-worker's T-MO version, screens look the same to me.

The screen is glass, but maybe it has some kind of protective laminate type material on the surface and that's why it sounds like plastic when you tap on it?

By the way, I just came over from an iPhone 3G, and had various HTC WinMo devices before that - I'm loving this gadget so far.

Device(s)
    Android
    Carrier(s)
    -T--Mobile USA|Get More
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerPodacter
    can anyone confirm if the nexus screen is glass or plastic? i know most say its glass, but when i tap my fingernail on this thing it sounds exactly like plastic. i've seen the youtube video of the guy who dropped his nexus, and the broken screen sure looked like a glass break. but it just doesnt sound and feel like glass to me. am i crazy?
    There is some kind of touch matrix over the screen, if you hold the screen at an angle you can sort of see it.

Device(s)
    At&t 3G Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I got mine last week too and I don't notice a purple hue or anything. I've seen pictures of the white Google page that looked faded and purple, but mine is a crisp white when I load it up. I set my wallpaper to the Live Fireworks, which has a black background and its pretty deep black to me.

As for the screen, someone also posted a couple of YouTube videos on XDA that shows the screen appears to be scratch-proof. Does anyone know this for sure? They took a knife and scissors to it and it didn't scratch.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mindfrost82
    I got mine last week too and I don't notice a purple hue or anything. I've seen pictures of the white Google page that looked faded and purple, but mine is a crisp white when I load it up. I set my wallpaper to the Live Fireworks, which has a black background and its pretty deep black to me.

As for the screen, someone also posted a couple of YouTube videos on XDA that shows the screen appears to be scratch-proof. Does anyone know this for sure? They took a knife and scissors to it and it didn't scratch.

damn that.. I don't care if it is or isn't I would never try that... post on their youtube and tell them to try a diamond lol.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast