Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast

Thread: Google Nexus One with Rogers 3G on sale now

Device(s)
    Google Nexus S
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pookguy88
    - are you not supposed to put this thing in your pants/jeans pocket?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfqwKa4bT74

No screen protector at all.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kavy
    To all those who have received any luck with mms?
    There should be no issues with mms. Just use these APN settings

Quote Originally Posted by Hwaiting
    I'd also like to know what kind of reception you are getting with the phone with the stories of a weak antenna which gets worse when you cover the bottom of the phone.
    Thanks!
    I'm also curious about this, my Dream had horrible antenna compared to my wifes BB Bold and my current Milestone. The bottom of the phone is where the Dream had its antenna as well.

Device(s)
    Nokia 6120 Classic
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Man, at first all the curiosity about the fees was pretty justified... now it's just silly!

There's like 4-5 people who have received their phone. Read the flipping thread if you really are curious about the fees people are paying!

Device(s)
    IP4
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Those are the apn settings I tried and was unsuccessfulin getting them to work.
    Does anyone else have mms working?

Device(s)
    OnePlus One
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogido
    I thought it's supposed to auto-config?

with newer Rogers sim cards (i think U0.2 and W0.2) have the apn auto-configured.

for others wanting mms:

please use the rogers-core-appl1.apn settings as they combine both data and mms into 1 fast hdpa compatible setting =)

Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SinGularity
    Any plans from Rogers to have a subsidized price?
    No, because the phone is not offered by Rogers.

Device(s)
    HTC EVO 3D, Inspire 4G, Samsung Focus, Samsung Captivate, Nexus One, HTC Magic, HTC G1
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers ATT
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Slick
    For anyone who has received their Nexus One and are using it on Rogers, how do you find the reception?

I was thinking of ordering one but read some negative reviews regarding its reception.

And how about the alleged issue of screen brightness and poor black levels as reported by BGR?

Thanks.
    I will admit, the reception on voice calls so far has been fine, but not awesome. However, I imagine that can be solved fairly easily with a radio upgrade that will probably come in the not too distant future.

As for the screen, that's the one thing about this phone that I've been blown away by. It really is incredible. Yes, it leans more to the "vivid" side in terms of colour, but black levels are fine. I read the BGR article a couple of days ago as well, but I'm not buying it. Unless he truly did just get a lemon.

I've already ditched the standard android ROM for Modaco's Desire based sense ROM.

Love this phone

Device(s)
    Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    I'm not sure if this is just me, but I've noticed that DHL's way of handling the tracking is very very poor.

Processed at both Cincinnati and Seattle at the same time? Not to mention that it departed Seattle before it departed Cincinnati.

Device(s)
    IP4
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MacK
    with newer Rogers sim cards (i think U0.2 and W0.2) have the apn auto-configured.

for others wanting mms:

please use the rogers-core-appl1.apn settings as they combine both data and mms into 1 fast hdpa compatible setting =)
    Can u provide a link to were I can grab and inject the settings

Device(s)
    Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kavy
    Can u provide a link to were I can grab and inject the settings
    Here.

filler.filler.

Device(s)
    IP4
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Ahh yes that's what I tried I was hoping there was a file like on the magic and milestone that had the settings already.

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tills13
    I'm not sure if this is just me, but I've noticed that DHL's way of handling the tracking is very very poor.

Processed at both Cincinnati and Seattle at the same time? Not to mention that it departed Seattle before it departed Cincinnati.

Is yours going to Calgary? I just spoke with DHL and he said it was going through Calgary customs at 9:00AM and it will be delivered today.

Device(s)
    HTC Desire
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by froesei
    I will admit, the reception on voice calls so far has been fine, but not awesome. However, I imagine that can be solved fairly easily with a radio upgrade that will probably come in the not too distant future.

As for the screen, that's the one thing about this phone that I've been blown away by. It really is incredible. Yes, it leans more to the "vivid" side in terms of colour, but black levels are fine. I read the BGR article a couple of days ago as well, but I'm not buying it. Unless he truly did just get a lemon.

I've already ditched the standard android ROM for Modaco's Desire based sense ROM.

Love this phone
    awesome, thanks for the reply.

how's the volume from the earpiece and speaker?

Device(s)
    HTC EVO 3D, Inspire 4G, Samsung Focus, Samsung Captivate, Nexus One, HTC Magic, HTC G1
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers ATT
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Slick
    awesome, thanks for the reply.

how's the volume from the earpiece and speaker?
    Seems fine to me.

Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by froesei
    Seems fine to me.
    How about the ringer volume?

Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast