Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Nexus One on ATT??

Device(s)
    HTC Supersonic EVO 4G
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score

Nexus One on ATT??

Is anyone here on the ATT network successfully using the Nexus One? I was thinking about getting this phone, but on the Google website it says on the ATT network I will be limited to 2G/EDGE only (http://www.google.com/support/androi...?answer=166507) If anyone can share their experiences with this phone, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!
    Danny

Carrier(s)
    Koodo (03/2015-present)
    Feedback Score
    Correct, Nexus One does not have the frequencies for 3G on AT&T. I used my Nexus One on AT&T GoPhone for a week in LA including turn by turn navigation. No problems with the EDGE reception other than one day when I turned my phone off for 4 hours. When I restarted it, the EDGE symbol appeared but couldn't actually reach the Internet for another 15-20 minutes.

If you are patient enough, AT&T will release the HTC Desire which has basically the same specs, Sense UI, and 3G.

Device(s)
    nexus one
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I'm using the nexus one on AT&T. I love it; it's an awesome phone, certainly blows anything AT&T currently has out of the water. I am limited to edge, but have wifi around 90% of the time so I just leave wifi turned on and 90% of the time my data is much faster than 3g. The battery life on wifi + edge is phenomenal; I can easily go 2 days without charging. I don't know what they did to make wifi not drain the battery, but it is approximately infinity times better than any other phone I've had. Anyways, edge only doesn't bother me much but you'll have to consider your own usage patterns. Before deciding to switch to T-mobile (in a couple of months) my intention was to use the nexus one until (if) AT&T releases the desire, then sell and switch...

Device(s)
    Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Wifi is always much better for battery life over 3g. And that makes sense since wifi power transmit is only a couple hundred feet but 3g is a couple miles. Of course edge is very efficient on battery like but slower, so wifi + edge is a great combo.
    Current Device: Nexus One
    Phone History: |N97 Mini| |5800| |E71-2| |N95-4| |N95-3| |N75| |6131| |6230| |SE T616|

| My HoFo Feedback |

Device(s)
    HTC Supersonic EVO 4G
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for all the info guys! I'm not ready to switch to Tmo, ATT has far better service where I live. And call me lame, but I'm kinda loyal to ATT, had the same number and been with them since Pac Bell, for 10yrs now =P

Looks like I'm just gonna wait for the Desire. Any ideas on when its going to be released?

Device(s)
    Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Rumor has it that N1 will be coming with ATT freq tomorrow. I'm not going to hold my breath waiting.

http://forum.androidcentral.com/goog...nexus-one.html

Device(s)
    Android
    Carrier(s)
    -T--Mobile USA|Get More
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cmstlist
    Correct, Nexus One does not have the frequencies for 3G on AT&T. I used my Nexus One on AT&T GoPhone for a week in LA including turn by turn navigation. No problems with the EDGE reception other than one day when I turned my phone off for 4 hours. When I restarted it, the EDGE symbol appeared but couldn't actually reach the Internet for another 15-20 minutes.

If you are patient enough, AT&T will release the HTC Desire which has basically the same specs, Sense UI, and 3G.
    I just hope the ATT version isnt botched like the ATT Moto Cliq or whatever its called. ATT is hurting android and I dont think they care since they have the iphone.

Device(s)
    Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tom28
    Rumor has it that N1 will be coming with ATT freq tomorrow. I'm not going to hold my breath waiting.

http://forum.androidcentral.com/goog...nexus-one.html

Highly doubt this, but it'd a nice surprise.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Blt4424
    Agree

I wish too from what I heard not even the HTC HD2 because T mobil has it
    so it will be one more that I don't going to buy.

Device(s)
    Nexus one
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Device(s)
    Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Blt4424
    surprise
    My Blog

Phone History: Motorola Timeport P7389, Motorola V60, Sony Ericsson T637, Motorola V620, Motorola RAZR V3i, Nokia E61, Nokia N73 ME, Samsung BlackJack, Nokia N95-2 8GB, Nokia E71-2, HTC G1

Feedback Score
    WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i am buying one this week

Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Yeah nexus one with AT&T 3G bands, just need to buy it full price through haha.

Device(s)
    Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Holy good mother of god it's true. my wallet will become 529 lighter as of right now!!!!!!!!

Feedback Score
    Yup i am buying one tommorrow. woohoo

I like gsm android better also cause if you want to just use it with wifi you can.
    on cdma like verizon it wont let you do anything until you activate it

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast