AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cmstlist
    Also if you want to disable data completely, an alternative to APNdroid:
    Open phone app, *#*#4636#*#*
    Phone information
    Menu button
    More
    Disable data connection (alternately choose disable on next boot)

I believe, but I am not sure if, the data stays off permanently until you re-enable it through the same means. I don't know if this affects MMS.

If you just received your phone and you want to make sure it never ever tries to use mobile data, you can probably boot it SIM-free and select this setting; then shut down, insert SIM, restart.

Has anyone tried this with a T-Mo N1?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by petard
    Log into OLAM and click manage features and then click View all included features. It it listed there if you have it.
    I have a "medianet opt out" in my OLAM account and this was made after I requested them to block data.Does this guarantee that they wont force me into data plan?I won't need a data plan at all and will not be even using the cheap data plan

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S2 (T-Mobile)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Anyone that gets the AT&T-supported N1, check to see if you have those 3G to EDGE data drops like the T-Mobile version has. Just curious since this is a completely different chipset for the 850/1900 version.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by locust43
    How do you tether the N1 to a Mac?
    I ordered my N1 today to use on AT&T. (I'd been waiting to see if the rumors for this phone came true or not).

I've been using a Telus HTC Hero on AT&T (which supports AT&T's 3G bands) and I've been using the Android Market tethering app called "PdaNet" with my Macbook Pro without any problems for months, so I can recommend it. (I'm assuming it will have no problems running on the N1).

It costs $24 for the full app but it's worth it, IMHO. App is very easy to setup and use on a Mac, and has worked great for me.

Device(s)
    Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    TCheap-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Or you could get the BB Tether App that just came out for Android.

http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...-you-came.html

It is free since it is in Beta. But it works great and it is twice as fast as PDANet.

Device(s)
    Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    TCheap-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by terryjohnson16
    Anyone that gets the AT&T-supported N1, check to see if you have those 3G to EDGE data drops like the T-Mobile version has.
    *Like some people on T-Mobile had* is more accurate.

Device(s)
    Apple Iphone 3G 16gb
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by terryjohnson16
    Anyone that gets the AT&T-supported N1, check to see if you have those 3G to EDGE data drops like the T-Mobile version has. Just curious since this is a completely different chipset for the 850/1900 version.
    YUP... Read on.... As posted on the Nexus One Forums:

Ok, so I know I am an early adopter. The second I heard Google had released a version of the N1 w/AT&T 3G bands I ordered one. Just took delivery about two hours ago. I live in an absolutely ROCK SOLID 3G area (central Long Island, NY). With my Iphone 3GS I haven't seen an "E" on my phone in a year. Ripped open the N1, set it all up, and haven't seen a "3G" yet. Checked to make sure the "use only 2G network" wasn't checked. Checked the box, the receipt, and the back of the phone to make sure they actually sent me the right version and not the T-Mo compatible version. All is well on both counts. When I dial *#*#4636#*#* and set the phone to "WCDMA Only" I get the 3G. But when I set it back to "WCDMA Preferred"..... EDGE. I've read with great interest that this problem plagued many people who have the T-Mo version, and was really hoping that by the time the AT&T compatible version came out the problem would not exist..... but it does. I know the phone only started shipping yesterday, so I'm probably not going to find too many users out there just yet to take a poll on this, so for now I'm just giving everyone here my two cents.
    So long as I have checks in my checkbook I'll keep buying new cell phones.

Device(s)
    ST iPhone 5 ATT ST BYOP SIM
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk MVNO
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for posting that. I SO want to dump my iPhone but I can't take the risk I'll have the same number of dropped calls that I do now.

Device(s)
    HTC One
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    My N1 is charging now and I live in a solid 3G area too. I'll post my results later tonight...gotta go drink some Murphy's first
    Advice is what we seek when we already know the answer, but wish that we did not.

Device(s)
    Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    No 3g issues here in Chicago. I'm in the heart of downtown right now and making this post no problems. Loving this phone!

Device(s)
    Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    TCheap-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by skertes
    YUP... Read on.... As posted on the Nexus One Forums:

Ok, so I know I am an early adopter. The second I heard Google had released a version of the N1 w/AT&T 3G bands I ordered one. Just took delivery about two hours ago. I live in an absolutely ROCK SOLID 3G area (central Long Island, NY). With my Iphone 3GS I haven't seen an "E" on my phone in a year. Ripped open the N1, set it all up, and haven't seen a "3G" yet. Checked to make sure the "use only 2G network" wasn't checked. Checked the box, the receipt, and the back of the phone to make sure they actually sent me the right version and not the T-Mo compatible version. All is well on both counts. When I dial *#*#4636#*#* and set the phone to "WCDMA Only" I get the 3G. But when I set it back to "WCDMA Preferred"..... EDGE. I've read with great interest that this problem plagued many people who have the T-Mo version, and was really hoping that by the time the AT&T compatible version came out the problem would not exist..... but it does. I know the phone only started shipping yesterday, so I'm probably not going to find too many users out there just yet to take a poll on this, so for now I'm just giving everyone here my two cents.
    Why would you need to have it in "WCDMA Preferred" if you're in a Rock Solid 3G area?
    I have mine in "WCDMA Only" also in NY and my 3G is fantastic.

Device(s)
    Android
    Carrier(s)
    -T--Mobile USA|Get More
    Feedback Score
    I live in SOLID T-Mo 3G, mine doesnt have the issue.

Does the ATT version ship with the upgraded 2.1?

Device(s)
    HTC One
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    OK, my N1 was ready to go about 5:30 this evening. I put my SIM card in and hav solid 3G signal. I have to drive to new Brunswick (1.5 hours away) in the morning so I'll get to see how well it holds that 3G signal. It should be solid all the way as my Blackberry Bold always kept a good solid 5 bars.

Device(s)
    Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    TCheap-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Antenna
    I live in SOLID T-Mo 3G, mine doesnt have the issue.

Does the ATT version ship with the upgraded 2.1?
    YES. Hands-on with the AT&T 3G Nexus One:
    http://www.androidcentral.com/hands-att-3g-nexus-one

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Got my N1 yesterday and so far no issues with mine dropping from 3G to Edge anywhere. Was spot-checking it throughout the day today and it stayed at 3G with no problem.

Still have a lot of things to try and need more time to really use the phone to form an overall opinion of it, but I will say that I'm really happy with the improved performance/speed/smoothness of the phone compared to the Telus HTC Hero with Android 1.5 that I'd previously been using. The N1 is noticeably faster!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast