Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Nexus One on ATT??

Device(s)
    Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Anyone have success avoiding the $30 plan with the Apndroid app? (For no data)

How does the smartphone exclusion work?

Feedback Score
    How do you tether the N1 to a Mac?

Device(s)
    Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by petard
    Log into OLAM and click manage features and then click View all included features. It it listed there if you have it.
    well i dont have it included, i only see UMTS tracking. so all this time these unlocked s60 phones really have been under the radar like we thought. i wonder if they will bump up my account when i use a nexus one.

EDIT: i DO have a similar question, kinda. since i havent touched any features on my account now for a couple years, what will happen if i change from the 30 dollar media net 1500 plan, to the 30 dollar unlimited data and messaging plan? i'm just wondering if making changes to an account which has been unchanged for so long, if that brings that particular account into focus where they might take notice.

obviously i would like to get unlimited text rather than only 1500. i also wonder if i leave the account alone and buy a nexus one will be any different than making a recent change and then buying a nexus one. in the end i'll pay if i need to bump up.
    Current Device: Nexus One
    Phone History: |N97 Mini| |5800| |E71-2| |N95-4| |N95-3| |N75| |6131| |6230| |SE T616|

| My HoFo Feedback |

Device(s)
    ST iPhone 5 ATT ST BYOP SIM
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk MVNO
    Feedback Score
    There's a $30 plan that includes unlimited messaging? I thought that was $50?

Carrier(s)
    At&t
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerPodacter
    well i dont have it included, i only see UMTS tracking. so all this time these unlocked s60 phones really have been under the radar like we thought. i wonder if they will bump up my account when i use a nexus one.

EDIT: i DO have a similar question, kinda. since i havent touched any features on my account now for a couple years, what will happen if i change from the 30 dollar media net 1500 plan, to the 30 dollar unlimited data and messaging plan? i'm just wondering if making changes to an account which has been unchanged for so long, if that brings that particular account into focus where they might take notice.

obviously i would like to get unlimited text rather than only 1500. i also wonder if i leave the account alone and buy a nexus one will be any different than making a recent change and then buying a nexus one. in the end i'll pay if i need to bump up.
    Yeah they could take notice but probably won't. I would say don't do anything. Once they catch you with an N1 then they'll move you up automatically so just use the N1 until it happens. Then you can make changes accordingly. With all changes soon to come with data plans I'm just choosing to not make any changes to my account until it's necessary.

BTW I've never heard of smartphone exclusion until this thread so it is new to me. Does it require a dumbphone?

Device(s)
    Streakin w/16gig
    Carrier(s)
    att
    Feedback Score
    its an unlocked unbranded phone. no need to have a data plan at all.
    affect change and churn baby churn

want to contribute to a ringtone collection? want to archive and be able to get others archived rings? im planning on putting together a nice lil collection of users rings just email [email protected] your rings and ill put them together in a lil zip for all free of course.

the unofficial howard forums user contributed ringtones.

howard.f # 2 unofficial ringers user contribs

1000th post 4:55 pm 5/7/2007

Device(s)
    HTC Supersonic EVO 4G
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Wow, ask and you shall receive!

Now I'm just debating whether or not to pick up the N1 now, or wait for the Desire...
    Danny

Carrier(s)
    At&t
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pen25
    its an unlocked unbranded phone. no need to have a data plan at all.
    True. They can't force you unless you are actually using data.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S II
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I've been using unlocked nokias on the $10 medianet unlimited plan for years. Now I'm interested in this N1 but I sure as hell am not putting up with the $30 data. Please report back if you nokia guys are having your data plans modified when you stick your sim's in the N1.

Thanks

Carrier(s)
    Koodo (03/2015-present)
    Feedback Score
    Also if you want to disable data completely, an alternative to APNdroid:
    Open phone app, *#*#4636#*#*
    Phone information
    Menu button
    More
    Disable data connection (alternately choose disable on next boot)

I believe, but I am not sure if, the data stays off permanently until you re-enable it through the same means. I don't know if this affects MMS.

If you just received your phone and you want to make sure it never ever tries to use mobile data, you can probably boot it SIM-free and select this setting; then shut down, insert SIM, restart.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon/Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blackwindexe
    True. They can't force you unless you are actually using data.
    They can and will. Employees were told that if a customer put their existing sim into a nexus one they will have the $30 plan added. This was yesterday.

Device(s)
    Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    yes it seems like the nexus one is not the same as the unbranded nokia phones we've been using all these years. att is actually adding the 30 dollar data plan automatically to nexus one users, unlocked unbranded phones.

though i have not heard if this happens non-data users or only 15 dollar data users.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S II
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerPodacter
    yes it seems like the nexus one is not the same as the unbranded nokia phones we've been using all these years. att is actually adding the 30 dollar data plan automatically to nexus one users, unlocked unbranded phones.

though i have not heard if this happens non-data users or only 15 dollar data users.
    A WIX Data Block is how my wife is using her iphone without a data plan on at&t. I'm spoiled since I've had 3g with my nokias all these years. I don't think wifi only will be the same for me.

I guess I will wait for a symbian 3 device... hopefully they will be incognito as well. lol

Carrier(s)
    At&t
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mentalcase
    They can and will. Employees were told that if a customer put their existing sim into a nexus one they will have the $30 plan added. This was yesterday.
    Why though? You can buy a blackberry and get the required data plan and then cancel it after a month and never use data on a blackberry. The nexus one isn't in the same boat as an iphone when it comes to contract pricing.. or is it? I just assumed it was treated like any non-iphone smartphone. And even if the phone disables the use of data then they will still be forced to pay for a data plan?

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S II
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mentalcase
    If you call with a dumb phone and request a WIX Data Block and then put it in a smartphone data is still disabled. This is the loop hole used in order to have a smartphones sans data plan on at&t.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast