Device(s)
    x6, nokia e71, nexus one
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

did att drop the e71x already?

did they cripple it so bad it didn't sell well? that phone unlocked is a beast and i can't believe att dropped it so quick. it should've sold itself even if the ui is outdated compared to newer offerings.
    my phone can't do what your phone can don't.
    how can you start if you forget to begin?

Device(s)
    Iphone 4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Yup they sure did drop it
    Follow me on Twitter

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Try selling S60 against an iPhone to the average consumer. Go ahead. I'll wait.
    My statements and opinions do not reflect those of my employer, AT&T Mobility. This is disclosed per FTC regulation.

Device(s)
    Note 3
    Carrier(s)
    SPCS
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    That's certainly part of it, but with the way ATTM crippled and loaded with bloatware the E71x and now the new Moto Android phone, it's almost like they don't really want them to succeed.

---
    Sprint legacy plan: LG V20 (me)|iPhone 6 (spouse)|iPhone 6s (kid1)|SGS7 (kid2)|iPhone 5s (backup line)
    ---

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by ant1pathy
    Try selling S60 against an iPhone to the average consumer. Go ahead. I'll wait.
    Ouch. I do remember getting an ATTWS branded Nokia 6682. I do remember shortly thereafter saying, with anger in my voice, that I'll never again own an ATTWS Nokia smartphone. Forgetting my pain for awhile, my E62 had that great screen and browser, and so much crapware. Unlocked NAM S60 devices forever, the cost difference doesn't even make up for what you'll spend on therapy...

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by huntm856
    That's certainly part of it, but with the way ATTM crippled and loaded with bloatware the E71x and now the new Moto Android phone, it's almost like they don't really want them to succeed.
    No, that's really all of it. iPhones don't get returned, you never have to troubleshoot them beyond changing a SIM card, and teaching someone the basics takes less than 5 minutes in store. Selling a phone that just works is so much easier and less hassle than something that's more capable, but requires a lot more effort. Most people don't want to have to work and learn how to use something, and I really can't blame them.

Device(s)
    nokia N75
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I believe the e71X was dropped for other reasons. I remember something about folks having some problem with them in areas where ATT was rolling out a new connection systems. The e71X 's where crashing and rebooting.

That said, ATT does ruin most every device the get their hands on. The only reason the iphone is not as effected is because Apple would not let ATT ruin it. So far, reports here and around the internet are that ATT has ruined the one Android device they have out so far. (not that it was all that great to begin with)

Device(s)
    nokia N75
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Actually, that was the 6650 they stopped selling for that reason, not the E71X.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S5 Active, Samsung Captivate
    Carrier(s)
    at&t (formerly Cingular)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Just like all other phones, the E71x reached its EOL. Nothing new.
    If you feel that you have to correct some of my posts for my capitalization of some of my words, then just bear with it. It's just a discussion forum where some may be limited by time to answer in well-versed and eloquent sentences.

I already got a PHD (Plain High School Diploma) so ignore my style of writing and I'll ignore your ignorance.

Subject: You can read this-trust me!

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdgnieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid. Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm.
    Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas thought slpeling was ipmorantt!

When asked if I see the glass half empty or half full, I responded I see just a glass of water.
    Now you know how I think.

Device(s)
    HTC TILT, 8525, BJI, BJII, SE w580i, w760a, z750a
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I don't know what the concern is, the e71x had a pretty good run, longer than some other phones, its an older model that Nokia no longer makes....sooo?
    iPhone 4 on AT&T:

http://www.xti9.com/v3xx[/FONT][/SIZE]

Device(s)
    iPhone X/8+, Samsung Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T & Verizon
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    In addition, it was fairly dated by the time AT&T picked it up.

Device(s)
    HTC Vivid with ICS
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by ant1pathy
    No, that's really all of it. iPhones don't get returned, you never have to troubleshoot them beyond changing a SIM card, and teaching someone the basics takes less than 5 minutes in store. Selling a phone that just works is so much easier and less hassle than something that's more capable, but requires a lot more effort. Most people don't want to have to work and learn how to use something, and I really can't blame them.

Yes the iphone is perfect for simpltons with a IQ of 2, people are drawn to purdy little app pictures and all of the bells and whistles of limited useability!!Little steve jobs sheeple!!!
    HTC Vivid with 4.0.3.7 ICS Offical AT&T release

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Moe3754
    Yes the iphone is perfect for simpltons with a IQ of 2, people are drawn to purdy little app pictures and all of the bells and whistles of limited useability!!Little steve jobs sheeple!!!
    Your point being? The average consumer isn't exactly the brightest crayon, but why make my life difficult trying to push them into something they don't need and don't want?

Device(s)
    iP4 32GB, previous:N8, Palm Pre +, N95 8GB, E71, E71x, E50, Cingular 3125, 2125
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Hmm...it's too bad. I actually got a free one from work, as my choice at the time was between a WinMo phone and E71x. It's not a bad little phone for an average person, but for the phone nerd, it's maddening because we know what the regular E71 can do that this cannot. Despite those limitations, I have enjoyed a couple of things with it, like trying out AT&T VideoShare service, and the destinations feature of FP2...two things that you don't have on the E71 unlocked.

Personally, I don't think it was AT&T's crippling that did it in...it was that everyone now either buys an iPhone or a BlackBerry as far can see. The iPhone because, well...it's an iPhone, and a Blackberry because well...I'm not sure...I never understood BlackBerry lovers When you look at the prices ($99 or so + voice plan + $30 data) which happen to be the same price as you pay for an iPhone plan...people would rather be 'stuck' with an iPhone for their contract than some "old" Nokia.

Device(s)
    iPhone Xs Max 256GB
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile - Unleash the Data Hounds!!!
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Sorry to say but Nokia, like Motorola of years past has lost its way. Nothing and I mean NOTHING that Nokia puts out is even close to being desirable.

All they want to do is tout how they're the leader in worldwide market share and not innovate. Just like they were eventually broke and forced to start making clamshells, they'll be broke and be forced to make phones that suit American taste buds (if they ever want a decent share of this market).
    Hofo Veteran - Magenta Disciple

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast