Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: METROPCS SAMSUNG MESSAGER 2 r560 TETHERING SUCESSFUL!!! (with dun and phone settings)

Feedback Score
    OHHHH!! I completely forgot an EXTREMELY CRUCIAL STEP!!!

For some phones this may not be enable and its hard to tell if it already is because the menu's selection plays tricks on us but for anyone (including teched095) who have received the 692 message on a consistent basis, go to your phone's MASTER MENU (by hitting MENU then "9" and then "#" abd then using ur respective subsidy unlock code "mine is 587846")

Go to the menu called PORT MAP and set DS (DATA) to USB. Make sure it's not on NULL because this would prevent the phone from sending internet data. (which would obviously mean an error message when trying to connect) Hope this helps!

Device(s)
    HTC Evo [Afflicted Evo 2.3.3]
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    lol 587846 is a metro master code it can be used on alot of phones. each phone has another spc code that is completely unique. but good job on the tethering
    Code Name: L0GiC4L 3ViL
    Quote: "Make love not war... Contribute dont leech.My insane logic gets the job done..."
    Latest Exploits:
    evo full flash (yes mms works), samsung intercept web (ask around), moto droid full flash
    Next Hijack: AFFLICTION ROM

11/4 3000th post

Feedback Score

Thanks for the reply

I will give it another try and keep trying till i get it.Thanks again for your
    help.

Feedback Score
    @teched095
    Yeah no prob. I know I tried for WEEKS trying to get the phone to tether without any prior experience in this sort of thing. Trying over and over actually proves to be the best method (in my opinion) If I get the chance I may post a how-to vid on youtube or a visual manual on how to do it (although by the time I do it everyone will probably have different phones!

Oh! If anyone out there has successfully tethered their r560 PLEASE post replies and/or input on the topic (it IS a forum!) Someone else out there probably has a better way of explaining stuff like this to folks out there than me!

Feedback Score
    Anyone know if this phone is capable of tethering by bluetooth as well?

Carrier(s)
    Metro
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tbpb2010 View Post
    @teched095
    Yeah no prob. I know I tried for WEEKS trying to get the phone to tether without any prior experience in this sort of thing. Trying over and over actually proves to be the best method (in my opinion) If I get the chance I may post a how-to vid on youtube or a visual manual on how to do it (although by the time I do it everyone will probably have different phones!

Oh! If anyone out there has successfully tethered their r560 PLEASE post replies and/or input on the topic (it IS a forum!) Someone else out there probably has a better way of explaining stuff like this to folks out there than me!
    bumpidity bump

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by couponhead View Post
    Anyone know if this phone is capable of tethering by bluetooth as well?
    O_o.....Yknow, i never had the chance to even TRY that! I don't have any laptops or computers that are bluetooth compatible. If someone's willing to go through all the crap I went through in fininding a sucessful tethering GO FOR IT and post how you did it PLZ!!!!

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Avant SM-G386T
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

It DID NOT WORK 4 ME :(

UNFORTUNATELy...BUT YOU REALLY PUT UR HEART INTO IT.....I LIKE that!

Feedback Score

I haven't forgotten this post!

Hey folks out there, I think its been about 2 months since I've been able to really post on this thread because unfortunately my Samsung Messager 2 got stolen and I lacked a reliable source to connect to the internet. I've had to put up with my sister's old Motorola VE240 which has a respectable high quality web browser for downloading music (midi and mp3) and pictures directly to the phone but doesn't have much else (it can't be tethered for NOTHING!!!). Today I was able to get my beloved r560 back (I had to buy a new one of course!) and that's how I'm typing this post right now!

With a crisp new Samsung Messager 2, I went through the steps I previously posted and I had no issues. I previously said that I'd probably post a video of how to tether this phone and now that I had some decent free on-screen recording software (Debut Video Capture {works great btw!}) and another phone that can record video, (my sister's Samsung Caliber {i have yet to figure out how to tether this one! NO DUN MENU}) I was thinking its about time to make that video! I just need some feedback because I don't want to be wasting my time. If you want me to post a vid, please reply!

For the record I will just reinterate my steps (since it seems no one else has still accomplished this) I'll try a new organizing system. If you get lost or whatever just reference the part like "4A or 2C" if you don't feel like copying or quoting.

1.Enable DUN function on phone:
    A.Access Master Menu and enable DUN (Hit MENU button> 9 button> # button> 587846 buttons> DUN menu> ENABLE option)

2.Connect r560 to PC via USB cable with SAMSUNG USB drivers installed have the computer recognize the phone as a modem :
    A.Install Samsung PC Studio and/or the Samsung drivers
    B.Make the PC reconize phone as a modem (Let PC detect phone as MASS STORAGE DEVICE> Hit Done button on the phone when its in MASS STORAGE MODE> PC recognizes the phone as SAMSUNG MODEM> Go to internet options in the control panel in classic mode to make sure the modem is there and it has a COM assigned to it).

3.Set up internet connection on PC:
    A.Create a new connection (Go to PC's control panel in classic mode> Network Connections icon> Create a new connection tab> Connect to the internet option> Set up my connection manually option> Connect using a dial-up modem option> make sure that Modem - SAMSUNG MOBILE MODEM is checked only> ISP Name = Anything you want!> Phone Number = #777> UserName = [email protected]> Password and Confirm Password = mymetropcs> Finish button.)
    B.Set up internet explorer and proxy (Control Panel (classic mode)> Internet Options icon> Connections tab> Select the Samsung Mobile Modem, set it to default, and select Always dial my default connection> Settings button> Only have "Use a proxy server for this connection checked> Address = wap.metropcs.net> Port = 3128 (Username and Password should already be filled).

4.Initiate the modem:
    A.Type in Initilization Code (Go to Control Panel (classic mode)> Phone and Modem Options icon> Select Samsung Mobile Modem and hit properties button> Advanced tab> Extra Initialization Commands = at+crm=1;+cmux=1;+cps=33;+cta=0> OK button> OK button.
    B.Attempt to connect to the internet (Control Panel> Network Connections icon> Right click your previously made connection and select connect.> Get error message 692 or 628)
    C.Take out Init. Code (Go to Control Panel (classic mode)> Phone and Modem Options icon> Select Samsung Mobile Modem and hit properties button> Advanced tab> Extra Initialization Commands = nothing> OK button> OK button.
    D.Connect to Internet! (Control Panel> Network Connections icon> Right click your previously made connection and select connect.> Get your 230.4 kbps unlimited $5 PC internet connection!

Personally I think this is one of the best phones Metro has to offer for less than $150 with video, 2 mp camera, qwerty keypad, and bluetooth. Even though it's web browser SUCKS, with DUN this phone becomes a must have (at least for me!) Don't forget r560 users I'm still willing to post a vid, I just need at least ONE reply! Hope this post helps!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tbpb2010 View Post
    Hey folks out there, I think its been about 2 months since I've been able to really post on this thread because unfortunately my Samsung Messager 2 got stolen and I lacked a reliable source to connect to the internet. I've had to put up with my sister's old Motorola VE240 which has a respectable high quality web browser for downloading music (midi and mp3) and pictures directly to the phone but doesn't have much else (it can't be tethered for NOTHING!!!). Today I was able to get my beloved r560 back (I had to buy a new one of course!) and that's how I'm typing this post right now!

With a crisp new Samsung Messager 2, I went through the steps I previously posted and I had no issues. I previously said that I'd probably post a video of how to tether this phone and now that I had some decent free on-screen recording software (Debut Video Capture {works great btw!}) and another phone that can record video, (my sister's Samsung Caliber {i have yet to figure out how to tether this one! NO DUN MENU}) I was thinking its about time to make that video! I just need some feedback because I don't want to be wasting my time. If you want me to post a vid, please reply!

For the record I will just reinterate my steps (since it seems no one else has still accomplished this) I'll try a new organizing system. If you get lost or whatever just reference the part like "4A or 2C" if you don't feel like copying or quoting.

1.Enable DUN function on phone:
    A.Access Master Menu and enable DUN (Hit MENU button> 9 button> # button> 587846 buttons> DUN menu> ENABLE option)

2.Connect r560 to PC via USB cable with SAMSUNG USB drivers installed have the computer recognize the phone as a modem :
    A.Install Samsung PC Studio and/or the Samsung drivers
    B.Make the PC reconize phone as a modem (Let PC detect phone as MASS STORAGE DEVICE> Hit Done button on the phone when its in MASS STORAGE MODE> PC recognizes the phone as SAMSUNG MODEM> Go to internet options in the control panel in classic mode to make sure the modem is there and it has a COM assigned to it).

3.Set up internet connection on PC:
    A.Create a new connection (Go to PC's control panel in classic mode> Network Connections icon> Create a new connection tab> Connect to the internet option> Set up my connection manually option> Connect using a dial-up modem option> make sure that Modem - SAMSUNG MOBILE MODEM is checked only> ISP Name = Anything you want!> Phone Number = #777> UserName = [email protected]> Password and Confirm Password = mymetropcs> Finish button.)
    B.Set up internet explorer and proxy (Control Panel (classic mode)> Internet Options icon> Connections tab> Select the Samsung Mobile Modem, set it to default, and select Always dial my default connection> Settings button> Only have "Use a proxy server for this connection checked> Address = wap.metropcs.net> Port = 3128 (Username and Password should already be filled).

4.Initiate the modem:
    A.Type in Initilization Code (Go to Control Panel (classic mode)> Phone and Modem Options icon> Select Samsung Mobile Modem and hit properties button> Advanced tab> Extra Initialization Commands = at+crm=1;+cmux=1;+cps=33;+cta=0> OK button> OK button.
    B.Attempt to connect to the internet (Control Panel> Network Connections icon> Right click your previously made connection and select connect.> Get error message 692 or 628)
    C.Take out Init. Code (Go to Control Panel (classic mode)> Phone and Modem Options icon> Select Samsung Mobile Modem and hit properties button> Advanced tab> Extra Initialization Commands = nothing> OK button> OK button.
    D.Connect to Internet! (Control Panel> Network Connections icon> Right click your previously made connection and select connect.> Get your 230.4 kbps unlimited $5 PC internet connection!

Personally I think this is one of the best phones Metro has to offer for less than $150 with video, 2 mp camera, qwerty keypad, and bluetooth. Even though it's web browser SUCKS, with DUN this phone becomes a must have (at least for me!) Don't forget r560 users I'm still willing to post a vid, I just need at least ONE reply! Hope this post helps!
    I'm trying to do this on Mac OS. I think the video may help, especially with the modem initialization codes.

Also, when apply and deleting the initialization codes, is this something that must be done every single time the phone is connected, or is it a one time thing for the phone/computer?

Feedback Score
    Alright, then that settles it. I will upload a how-to-video on youtube and post the link to it later on tonight. I've recently just moved into an apartment for my college life and I now only have a laptop with windows 7 on it. Since my apartment has free internet I no longer need to depend solely on tethering, but I'll still try to help others out there. (plus it comes in handy in places without wi-fi!) I've been tinkering with my laptop and I figured out that I can also tether my phone to it. I'll try to appease the windows xp and window 7 users out there (hopefully windows vista works the same as windows 7) so my video will attempt to cover both ways (even though I can only record in windows 7 now.)

On a side note the strangest thing happened the other day. I tried to tether my phone and (surprise surprise) I kept on getting the same error everyone else had been getting even though I've successfully done it before! I then figured out that there are times when the port map settings on the phone needs to be changed or reseted. I may have already mentioned this earlier but make sure that the DS (DATA) menu has USB selected. Go to the master menu and then to the port map menu to access this. ALSO make sure that in the DM (DIAG) menu UART is selected. Sometimes if you get an error message, the DM (DIAG) needs to be switched from USB to UART. Sometimes you may have to switch DM (DIAG) from UART BACK TO USB. Always have HFK/FTC on UART. I don't know why this works but it worked for me and hopefully it will work for you. Hope this helps!

Feedback Score
    Srry for the slowness on my part with the vid (i've been having some recording issues but i should have it by the end of this week)

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Avant SM-G386T
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

The connect link for the drivers

I dont know about you but i never had any luck with the studio getting the drivers for me or even recognizing my phone here is the link for the driver. I successfully tethered my sch-r560 and have been using it intermittently for months. heres the link:

http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/co...DMA_Driver.exe

Feedback Score
    Phew, that took WAAAAY too long to finish but I finally got part 1 of my tutorial video uploaded on youtube part 2 will be uploaded in about 2 hours. Here's the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPGNVR4Dlfs

@complearning123 ....O_o yknow its funny that I spent forever trying to find drivers for the Samsung Messager 2 phone on the Samsung website. Everytime I would search for it this would pop up> http://www.samsung.com/us/support/su...rty+Cell+Phone I'm assuming that you're using drivers that are said to be for other phones but are compatible with the Messager 2. Could you tell me which phone these are for? Also do you want credit if I put your link in my tutorial video?

Feedback Score
    Ok this is the real link for my vid (the first link only plays the first vid while this link plays both) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPGNV...x=0&playnext=1

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2