Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Jailbreak Matrix (Jailbreak or unlock anything after 2.x)

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    only 100% sure bet without looking at the phone is a 2G, the first iPhone

if you purchase a phone with 3.1.3 3G or 3GS unless that person used custom firmware the baseband will be updated to 05.12.01 and there is no downgrading from this unless you have a old bootrom on the 3G or 3GS in that case you could downgrade the baseband with fuzzy and then unlock it. But i'd say 99% of phones out there on 3.1.3 are with the new bootrom so impossible to downgrade baseband.

If you want a 3G, look for firmware 3.1.2 or below, if your going to look at one double check the baseband under settings - > about and make sure its 05.11.07 or below and your good to go.

If you want a 3GS, your going to need firmware 3.1.2 or below with baseband 05.11.07 and below AND bootROM 3593 othersie with the newer bootrom everytime the phone dies it will need to be connected to a computer to restart..

ok done
    Can I Jailbreak ? Can I Unlock ? Check the #1 reference chart in the world. The Jailbreak Matrix

So now I'm Jailbroken, now what ? Now we add Cydia sources and start installing FREE apps.
    Check out the biggest online Cydia sources list here.

Device(s)
    Iphone 4 32Gb Black
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by cadsii
    only 100% sure bet without looking at the phone is a 2G, the first iPhone

if you purchase a phone with 3.1.3 3G or 3GS unless that person used custom firmware the baseband will be updated to 05.12.01 and there is no downgrading from this unless you have a old bootrom on the 3G or 3GS in that case you could downgrade the baseband with fuzzy and then unlock it. But i'd say 99% of phones out there on 3.1.3 are with the new bootrom so impossible to downgrade baseband.

If you want a 3G, look for firmware 3.1.2 or below, if your going to look at one double check the baseband under settings - > about and make sure its 05.11.07 or below and your good to go.

If you want a 3GS, your going to need firmware 3.1.2 or below with baseband 05.11.07 and below AND bootROM 3593 othersie with the newer bootrom everytime the phone dies it will need to be connected to a computer to restart..

ok done
    fuzzy only works with the earliest 3G not with any 3gs at all ever.

and they're looking for the iboot for whether it's tether jailbreak or not. You're spot on though with the firmware and baseband #'s.
    also, if you can't check the iboot (in store there's no way) then look at the 4th and 5th digit of the serial # and if it's below 40 (and above 00-09) then you are safe to think it's got the old good iboot. If it's 40 or above then the chances raise dramatically that it will have the new iboot and be a tethered jailbreak.

Device(s)
    LG Esteem
    Carrier(s)
    METRO PCS
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    alright ill guess my best bet is 2 buy a iphone 2g so that way its trouble free without me dealing with the baseband and what not. and just 1 more question if i unlock the phone will it still act normal meaning will i have all the features like net and pic messaging?

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ yes

good thing about the 2Gs they are selling the cheapest

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    no updated to included all versions of iPod Touch as well

Device(s)
    Iphone 3gs 16g
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by cadsii
    Ok been doing so many phones and touches for everyone, i put together a Jailbreaking Matrix this should help everyone locate what they need for whatever version of iTouch or iPhone you have.

Basically its an all in one page where you can find a guide and firmware file on howto unlock and jailbreak any iPhone or iTouch from firmware 2.x to 3.1.3

I cant post the 100+ links in here for the firmware and guides so i will post the link to the site.

www.jailbreakmatrix.com

let me know if you guys have any problems...

Thank you so much for posting this. This has helped me out with what I can do with my 3gs.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    just wanted to throw an update here from my personal experience tonight

i personally though that if i updated the ipod touch 3g to 3.1.3 then i was stuck until the 3.1.3 jailbreak was out, because i didnt backup my SHSH but thats not true

here is what i did today

i updated the host file to reference 74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com
    then restore to 3.1.2 then jailbreak with blackra1n again

so you do not need your SHSH backed up for the ipod touch 2g MC to downgrade and jailbreak like you do on the iPhone, funny no one on any of the boards mentioned this..

updated on the matrix now...

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    new updated, you can't downgrade a 3G iPod Touch without SHSH, you can with the 2G MC model so (3G 8GB) model but not the 32 or 64gb models they need shsh to downgrade

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    just so you guys know if you go to the actual site, everything that says YES and is blue, has a hyperlink to a guide on howto do it behind it, there are 32 guides depending on device and firmware version... this took a long time...

alot of people are missing this because of the preview image

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 3GS 32GB
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Great guide. It let me know that I could jailbreak my brand new 3GS. I got lucky that it came with 3.1.2, but has the new iBoot so I'm stuck with tethered.
    Phone history (both owned and demoed):
    Too long to keep up with

My HoFo Feedback

My eBay Feedback
    Feel free to message me there to verify it's me.

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    i have a 3GS with 3.1.3.. i have AT&T.. does sn0wbreeze JB this??

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    did you look at the guide ???? did you backup your SHSH when you were on 3.1.2 or do you have the old boot rom ?

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    HELP!

My home button is broken, so i want to jailbreak so i can use an app to use the touchscreen as my home button.

It seems i have to put my phone in DFU mode to jailbreak requiring the home button.... IS THERE ANY WAY AROUND THIS?

Much appreciated.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Ahahaha good old google search. sorry to post when i coulda figured it out myself but for other people with my problem:

http://limitededitioniphone.com/how-...into-dfu-mode/

(alternate method 3 for pc users only)

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    spirit is out all charts updated

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast