Page 60 of 84 FirstFirst ... 10 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... LastLast

Thread: What Sprint phones will work on Boost, and how do I get ____ on Boost (part 2)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HTCtrekker View Post
    It is YOU they shouldn't believe.
    1. for you Touch Pro 2 owners, or would be owners - please verify for jacksh1599 what your ESN number is.... that's right. There is none. The MEID DEC number tells the rep that your phone is a new model - thereby prompting the death question - "What brand is the phone?" - followed by a quick, I'm sorry we cannot activate this phone on Boost Mobile.
    2. has ANYONE actually spoken with customer service at Boost at got their Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 on the $50 Unlimited plan?
    that would be difficult - since they ARE NOT ALLOWED to activate Sprint HTC phones. They are instructed to transfer you to a Sprint Rep, who offers you a 2yr contract on an Unlimited plan of 69.99, not including roaming charges.
    3. There is software, otherwise - how would a Sprint phone be flashed to work on Boost Mobile?? By the ESN number - uh, we covered that. Furthermore, The HTC Touch Pro 2 comes with 6.1 ROM - how can you run a Windows 6.5 ROM if there is not software?
    4. Don't believe me - try it for yourselves. But, by all means, don't believe the idiot [jack1599] whom will ultimately lead you to have your new HTC Touch Pro 2 phone bricked - by trying to use it on Boost without the software.
    What is this guy smokin? I just activated a refurbished Touch Pro 2 on thursday right after I started a new account. Yes the guy questioned me because the MEID starts with 270. He said it was odd because Boost phones start with 260. It went through and everything works except the Sprint stuff which I could care less to watch TV on a 3.6" screen.

Feedback Score
    Wouldn't this work to determine the ESN if all you have is an MEID http://www.l4digital.com/Tools/Conversion.aspx

deathtrip Guest
    You can't give them the pESN (converted MEID). They want the MEID or ESN in decimal format only.

Also, 90% of Boost phones have a MEID which usually starts with 26843545xxxxxxxxxx. The others, such as the KRZR, have a ESN which is like 071xxxxxx.

I dunno what that guy was thinking, or why he came on here ranting like he was, but he obviously doesn't know anything about how Boost works, or what we on these forums are about.

Don't let him discourage you. He has also been reported for abuse.

Feedback Score
    That's interesting, the MEID on the Sprint Q9C that I have is: 268435456xxxxxxxxx so maybe Boost would think it's one of their phones?

deathtrip Guest
    That's the point. Normally when you give them a MEID like that they don't even question it, if you tell them it's a Rant, or Juno, or W385, or anything they have.

Sometimes they look and see that it's a Sprint phone and reject it, sometimes they don't care either way.

Feedback Score
    I found a working ESN in an earlier post by deathtrip. I entered it on the Boost website and it accepted it & said if I want to transfer my number I need to call them- I don't have any idea what kind of phone this ESN is from, will they ask me that if I call them? I'm sorry to sound so stupid..I'm trying to start a new account with boost, port a number from platinum tel, and then change the phone to a Sprint MotoQ9c and the more I read the more confused I get...Any help would be appreciated

Feedback Score
    Everything you need to know is in the FAQ. http://wiki.howardforums.com/index.php/Boost:CDMA_FAQ

Device(s)
    LG Optimus T
    Carrier(s)
    WFM
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for sticking up for me guys.

And, FYI, for those sticklers out there...I throw the term ESN out there for MEID. A lot of people do...even Boost CSRs. If people are going to get all upset about terminology, we better change the title of the "Borrow ESN" thread.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Curve 8351i
    Carrier(s)
    Att
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by deathtrip View Post
    You can't give them the pESN (converted MEID). They want the MEID or ESN in decimal format only.

Also, 90% of Boost phones have a MEID which usually starts with 26843545xxxxxxxxxx. The others, such as the KRZR, have a ESN which is like 071xxxxxx.

I dunno what that guy was thinking, or why he came on here ranting like he was, but he obviously doesn't know anything about how Boost works, or what we on these forums are about.

Don't let him discourage you. He has also been reported for abuse.
    Hi Death,
    I have read 100+ posts so far. BTW thank you for the work you did on the service books. I have used them on my 8350i for the greater portion of a year just fine.
    And I was just wondering, why the 8530 cannot be activated on boost. Especially that the first numbers of the meid are 268435445? Also, I have done some extensive research looking for individuals that may have accomplish this. And so far, I have found 2. So is this still the case, since you haven't really posted anything in regards to this since March and we are now to the middle of June.
    By the way, later this month Boost will be releasing their first droid, will this maybe open the doors for porting other droid sprint phones, even if for only a small window of time? Just a speculation...

deathtrip Guest
    You can not use the 8530 on Boost. I don't know of anyone who has one on Boost, and if they do, I'm sure it isn't by any legal means.

Also, Boost's IDEN Android phone isn't relevent to the Sprint series, and it won't technically open any holes, or doors, or anything, to allow Sprint exclusive phones to be put on the network.

Device(s)
    boost touch pro
    Carrier(s)
    boost
    Feedback Score
    it gets old when people get on here and say it cant be done when there are alot of us doing it on a regular basis. some reps are harder to deal with but it can be done. i cant wait till the first evo gets put on.......
    what's an iphone????

Feedback Score
    thanks, I hadn't seen that, but I still have a question. In the FAQ it states: "Use the phone. If you have the phone in your physical possession, make a call. If you borrowed an ESN, call your Boost phone number and leave voice mail." I am going to be porting a number from platinum tel. The Q9C on the platinum tel is lost, but I can still remotely access voice mail on it and check for messages. Do you know how long it will take to port the number? Can you check the status of the port on the boost website? I gathered from the FAQ that I don't call in to swap the phone until I use the account at least once to leave voicemail.

If I totally screw this up and can't add the q9c to the Boost account, I'm assuming I could still go buy a branded Boost phone and add that to the account, right?

Device(s)
    LG Optimus T
    Carrier(s)
    WFM
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmy_matthews View Post
    it gets old when people get on here and say it cant be done when there are alot of us doing it on a regular basis. some reps are harder to deal with but it can be done. i cant wait till the first evo gets put on.......
    So are you saying you put 8530's on Boost on a regular basis? Do you mind if I ask how you are doing it?

Device(s)
    HTC TOUCH PRO
    Carrier(s)
    BOOST MOBILE
    Feedback Score

Sprint Nav services

Has anyone ever been charged or billed for thier use of Sprint navigation service? I was prompt for service charges the last time i tried to use my Sprint nav ($10 month or $3 for 23hrs use) ?
    "This has been a public announcement and I approve this message"

Chessman

Device(s)
    HTC TOUCH PRO
    Carrier(s)
    BOOST MOBILE
    Feedback Score
    Also, I tried tethering again and still no go. My phone just kept "waiting for a network" until gave a error message. I tried to use the pdanet, but this hasnt work for me either. Isnt there a way I can just go into the files and edit something? And if so, "How and What do I edit" ?

I really would like to find resolution for this problem and think there should be a "stickey" for this kind of thing somewhere, maybe even in the FAQ's area. Anyways your help is very much appreciated.

Thank you whomever

Page 60 of 84 FirstFirst ... 10 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... LastLast