Page 57 of 84 FirstFirst ... 7 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... LastLast

Thread: What Sprint phones will work on Boost, and how do I get ____ on Boost (part 2)

Carrier(s)
    Boost Unlimited
    Feedback Score

Reclaim on Boost, upgrade from existing Motorola w385, longtime Sprint/then Boost fan

Quote Originally Posted by spector1987 View Post
    If you go to page 3 of this thread and scroll to the bottom, "texman" said he has 2 Samsung Reclaim's on Boost, so I think the answer to your question is yes. I haven't seen anyone else with one on Boost though, since it isn't that popular a phone, so try it at your own risk.

Better yet, ask the person you are planning to buy it from (ebay or craigslist I assume) if they will give you the MEID DEC number to check and make sure it is clear. You can then go to your sprint.com account, click "activate a new phone", enter the new DEC number, and click "continue" to see if it will work, but don't go all the way through with the DEC swap
    Based upon this info above, I attempted swapping out my trusty W385 for a Samsung Reclaim over the weekend. It worked with receipt of an activation code from the tech rep on the first call! Bought it on eBay for $65, near new. A sweet upgrade to QWERTY keypad to keep up with my kids' texting!

I was hoping to use the Reclaim to play MP3 files through my Jawbone Icon headset. Alas, it appears that the audio only goes through the wired headset jack, even though the Reclaim supposedly supports A2DP. If anyone has the details on how to make that work, please reply! I moved 285 contacts from my w385 using the bluetooth SEND function. Slick! I noticed that I will need to edit the numbers in my listing that include pauses for automated dialing.

By the way, a word about my old w385. That phone is built like a tank! I used it constantly for two and a half years and it still looks nearly new (no cover, either!). The powder paint coating worked really well at protecting from nicks and scratches. The phone served well! It is a straight meat and potatoes phone with a clunkly, small-screen interface.

Boost Unlimited CDMA is a great service and now I have a larger screen and keypad to enjoy it!

Device(s)
    sanyo incognito
    Carrier(s)
    boost mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by georgepa View Post
    Be sure to realize that you must start a Boost account before moving the Centro in.
    yes i do thank you, had it for a couple of months with an incognito

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Is post #12 the most recent compiled list of phones that work with Boost, or is there a more recent list?

Device(s)
    Samsung Transform Ultra
    Carrier(s)
    Boost CDMA Boost IDEn ex Verizon Unlimited by Boost CDMA
    Feedback Score
    Is the HTC EVO exclusive or can it be used on Boost??

Disregard,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, oh well..........

Device(s)
    HTC TOUCH PRO
    Carrier(s)
    BOOST MOBILE
    Feedback Score

Tethering Error #67

Hey everyone,

has sprint or boost put a stop on tethering your phones? I had a touch pro awhile back i used to tether until I got internet elsewhere, but when I tried it recently with with my new tp2, it didnt work. I got a error message #67, i forgot how to resovle this bug and would like some pointers on how to get it back on track. I think I read in here about doing a hard reset (forgot how to do that too??) or changing to a custom rom..."which I dont want to do...because my last bad experience". Any quick fixes for this?

Thanks

PS: I did try searching for the answer b4 asking!
    "This has been a public announcement and I approve this message"

Chessman

Device(s)
    Samsung Transform Ultra
    Carrier(s)
    Boost CDMA Boost IDEn ex Verizon Unlimited by Boost CDMA
    Feedback Score
    I tethered yesterday but do not use a tp2.

Device(s)
    boost touch pro
    Carrier(s)
    boost
    Feedback Score
    i had the smae error code with my girls q9c. the onl solutioni found so far was pdanet...give it a try
    what's an iphone????

Carrier(s)
    Boost Mobile
    Feedback Score

New York Palm Pre On Boost

Has anyone found out yet how to put a Palm PRE on the boost mobile network fully functioning.
    I've searched online and conversed with various people and it seems it could be done. One person has actually done it but hasn't have the data come through on it. I have tried to contact this person but it seems this person is not answering. Does anyone has any pointers or idea how i should go about this?
    "I Put my D**k in Your Mouth and F**K what you say"

Device(s)
    Motorola v710
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Buying c ph's on ebay is a waste of time

I went to ebay for months waiting to spring on a good deal for an htc touch pro 2 to use on Boost Mobile. It was a waste of time.

For those of you thinking of buying and getting a good deal on a ph on ebay, beware of the scum bag sellers who won't send you the ph they had up for sale. I won a bid for a htc touch pro 2 for $157.00 and the seller refused to sell it to me claiming that his girlfriend dropped the ph and BROKE it. I told him to send it to me anyway. And he has refused. When I paid for it through ebay he resent me my money.

I complained to ebay every which way I could and they gave me the run around. I demanded the address of the seller from ebay so that I could sue the seller in my local small cliams court, and ebay told me they only had the sellers ph # and email address.

Conclusion: You can not trust ebay or their sellers.

Device(s)
    LG Optimus T
    Carrier(s)
    WFM
    Feedback Score
    At least you got your money back.

Feedback Score
    Has anyone found a fix for the MMS on sprint phones yet? I got the eclair version of Android working on my HTC touch now and would love to get pic messages.

deathtrip Guest
    Yea, you can do it by changing the MMSC Gateway URL, but I'm not sure if it needs to be rooted or not for you to edit it. I've not had much time to even mess with Android yet.

Device(s)
    HTC TOUCH PRO
    Carrier(s)
    BOOST MOBILE
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by butlerba View Post
    well guys and gals i see a sprint changes a few things when it comes to tethering/phone as a modem if you have windows mobile or have any questians i got new info on how to get the native internet sharing software on your windows mobile device to work without buying wmwifirouter would be happy to help i am the original poster of the how to tether your cdma boost phone many months ago i would put instructions up but for some reason people still message me and cant get it to work
    How do i get this to work? I tried updating my prl & profile and then doing a soft reset. I then turned the phone off for about ten minutes b4 trying my internet sharing; which i didnt get a error message but it never connected, it only waited for a network connecting well over 15 minutes. Is there something else you can suggest, I would really like to keep everything stock (original rom) too.

Thanks again,
    Chessman

Device(s)
    Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile, Boost Mobile(former)
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9630/5.0.0.624 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104)

Quote Originally Posted by deathtrip
    Yea, you can do it by changing the MMSC Gateway URL, but I'm not sure if it needs to be rooted or not for you to edit it. I've not had much time to even mess with Android yet.
    Yeah I would imagine an android phone would need a way to input the correct settings like what the service books do on the bb. It would be sweet to be able to have an android phone on boost someday. I was pretty impressed with the evo & android 2.2 when I played with one even though that's a 4g device thus won't be possible on boost anytime soon.
    I've used sprint navigation on my tour a few times recently & come to the realization that's its screen is slightly to small. Imagine it on one of the larger android handset screens.

Technically it would seem possible to get an android phone on boost using the esn swap method that works now. That means the only phone is the htc hero unless sprint launches more 3G android phones in the future. It would just require getting data & mms working.
    Former Boost Mobile Subscriber (2001-2013)
    Current T-Mobile Subscriber

deathtrip Guest
    It would be possible to use any Sprint phone on Boost, as long as Sprint allows it. Android or not. The 4G phones are all backward compatible and able to use EVDO Rev:A (3G).

Page 57 of 84 FirstFirst ... 7 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... LastLast