Page 56 of 84 FirstFirst ... 6 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... LastLast

Thread: What Sprint phones will work on Boost, and how do I get ____ on Boost (part 2)

Device(s)
    boost touch pro
    Carrier(s)
    boost
    Feedback Score
    sorry i meant to say the first time you call to set up ur phone with cs
    what's an iphone????

Device(s)
    HTC TOUCH PRO
    Carrier(s)
    BOOST MOBILE
    Feedback Score

San Fransisco

Quote Originally Posted by deathtrip View Post
    If the MSL isn't right, then someone has changed it, or someone has changed the ESN/MSID of your phone. Make sure the number listed in the phones status is the same as the one on the sticker under the battery. Also make sure you used the number from the phone and not the box. In some cases the number on the box doesn't match the one on the phone when you buy them used.
    Okay update: I rechecked the cell phone's esn number and found the number on the box to differ from the one under the phone's battery. But, this does not change my problem with the msl number not working. I used a program called "GetSPC" to retrieve my msl and the six digit number it gave didnt work in my phone . I dont know if this is a factor or not, but the phone is currently without service on it and a csr told me I would have to have service it in order to get a msl from. Anyhow, I'm back to the drawing board. I will try boost again to see if the new esn number may work with their msl number they will provide. WISH ME LUCK!
    "This has been a public announcement and I approve this message"

Chessman

Device(s)
    HTC TOUCH PRO
    Carrier(s)
    BOOST MOBILE
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessman View Post
    Okay update: I rechecked the cell phone's esn number and found the number on the box to differ from the one under the phone's battery. But, this does not change my problem with the msl number not working. I used a program called "GetSPC" to retrieve my msl and the six digit number it gave didnt work in my phone . I dont know if this is a factor or not, but the phone is currently without service on it and a csr told me I would have to have service it in order to get a msl from. Anyhow, I'm back to the drawing board. I will try boost again to see if the new esn number may work with their msl number they will provide. WISH ME LUCK!
    UPDATE: I just got off the phone with boost and was able to get my tp2 on this time around with no problem. It appears I just had my esn number wrong (I used the esn number on the box instead of checking the phone's esn under the battery), so with the right one in hand it all worked out. Even my internet service works too, i dont know about my mms (pictures), navigation works just fine.

so far so good, everything is cool right out the box. Thanks you Deathtrip for trying to help anyhow.

Device(s)
    boost touch pro
    Carrier(s)
    boost
    Feedback Score
    congratulations

deathtrip Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessman View Post
    UPDATE: I just got off the phone with boost and was able to get my tp2 on this time around with no problem. It appears I just had my esn number wrong (I used the esn number on the box instead of checking the phone's esn under the battery), so with the right one in hand it all worked out. Even my internet service works too, i dont know about my mms (pictures), navigation works just fine.
    so far so good, everything is cool right out the box. Thanks you Deathtrip for trying to help anyhow.
    Help you anyhow? Didn't I suggest to you to check the ESN on the phone and not the box? Hmmm?

If the MSL isn't right, then someone has changed it, or someone has changed the ESN/MSID of your phone. Make sure the number listed in the phones status is the same as the one on the sticker under the battery. Also make sure you used the number from the phone and not the box. In some cases the number on the box doesn't match the one on the phone when you buy them used.
    Yup ^^ Hehe, anyway, congratulations and hope it continues to work well for you.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jtcmpp View Post
    if i put a touch pro 2 on boost and sprint tv doesnot work, can i download skyfire browser to the phone? are there any websites i can visit on skyfire browser that will let me stream free live tv? espn, fox, cbs for example
    Sprint TV will not work. You can download the Skyfire browser and go to the following sites to load lots of premium channels:

http://www.cvinetwork.com
    http://channelsurfing.net
    http://www.justin.tv/directory/entertainment
    http://www.justin.tv/directory/news
    http://atdhe.net/watchtv.html
    http://tvpc.com/ChannelList.php (go down to US or UK)

There are many others. The channels available are

Disney
    TBS
    USA
    TNT
    MSNBC
    Foxnews
    CNN
    CNN Int'l
    CBS
    NBC
    ABC
    FOX
    Comedy Central
    HGTV
    Discovery
    History
    History - Military

tons of movie and TV show channels

deathtrip Guest
    Wow, thanks for the info georgepa. That will definitely come in handy!

Feedback Score
    Wow, thanks for the info georgepa. That will definitely come in handy!
    Yeah, you see why for multimedia Windows Mobile is far superior to Palm or Blackberry? You can get all these channels on any cheepy WinMo phone, even the $20 Palm 700WX, which you can't get done on BB. It is great on a phone like the TP2. Skyfire is now available for for Android, so that platform is equally blessed with all the channels you can eat. I have come up with an app that ties all the best channels together (currently 200 channels strong) which I have working on the Mogul, TP, TP2, Diamond, Palm 700wx, Touch, any other WinMo phone. I am working on an Android version at this time.

deathtrip Guest
    Yea, but my Tour is still a sexy little device. I'm looking into getting a TP2 to play with, just not going to spend the going rate on one at the moment, but I really think I'd rather have Android on it if I had one.

Device(s)
    SPRINT TP2
    Carrier(s)
    Boost Mobile
    Feedback Score

Wow!!

HEY JUST WANTED TO SAY THANKS, GEORGEPA FOR THE TV POST WORKS REAL GOOD, AND TO ALL THE REST OF THE BROTHA AND SISTER (DEATHTRIP,JEFF_ADAMS,GEORGEPA,
    AL_CAPONE_X3, M4F1050) WHO HAVE HELP OUT AND THE PAST.
    WOW!! I HAVE HAD BOOST MOBILE FOR A WHILE NOW AND IT'S THE BEST THING I CAN SAY, ABOUT ALL OF MY FRIENDS AND MY WIFE HAVE A SPRINT CONTRAST AND LOOK AT US "LOL'' SPRINT T.V WHO NEEDS ITS, IPHONE WHAT? METRO PACE OF CRAP!
    (KEEP BOOST MOBILE ALIVE!!)

Device(s)
    Htc Touch _ Boost
    Carrier(s)
    Boost
    Feedback Score
    Anyone else trying to find their Msl for Tp and Tp2 look here
    http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42871

Device(s)
    sanyo incognito
    Carrier(s)
    boost mobile
    Feedback Score
    OK so i'm just curious, I've read this entire thread and i have a basically good sense of what to do. My only questions is when i called up the boost rep they said their ESN's start with 268 and my palm centro starts with 270, from personal experience will i run into a problem (yes phone is clear) ? can someone just tell me from their own experience im getting a great deal on the phone but i rather do this myself than use a 3rd party.

thanks

Device(s)
    Galaxy Note 2
    Carrier(s)
    Boost Mobile / Sprint
    Feedback Score
    You should not have a problem with the Centro, I just put one on last night. As long as you have an active Boost Mobile account either IDEN or CDMA the switch can be made. Call again.

Device(s)
    sanyo incognito
    Carrier(s)
    boost mobile
    Feedback Score
    ok thats really good to hear thank you happy jack =)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gibgirl89 View Post
    ok thats really good to hear thank you happy jack =)
    Be sure to realize that you must start a Boost account before moving the Centro in.

Page 56 of 84 FirstFirst ... 6 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... LastLast