Page 55 of 84 FirstFirst ... 5 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... LastLast
Results 811 to 825 of 1259

Thread: What Sprint phones will work on Boost, and how do I get ____ on Boost (part 2)

  1. #811
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1
    Feedback Score
    0
    I'm new to all of this and I'm trying to swap my treo 800w to my boost cdma account. I've called customer service to do the swap and they say the phone is not compatible. Help Me Please

  2. #812
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    835
    Device(s)
    Galaxy Note 2
    Carrier(s)
    Boost Mobile / Sprint
    Feedback Score
    0
    Call again. You should be able to get the 800w on unless the ESN is bad. Make sure you don't tell them it is an 800w, say it is a w385 or another Boost CDMA phone. You should also be aware that the Web will not work on the 800W on Boost.

  3. #813
    deathtrip Guest
    The 800w has a lot of trouble, I would skip it all together. The data isn't something you will be able to get working properly.

    No point in having a Smart Phone with no internet.

  4. #814
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    THE SOUTH
    Posts
    83
    Device(s)
    HTC TOUCH PRO
    Carrier(s)
    BOOST MOBILE
    Feedback Score
    0
    Heeeeeelp PLEASE! I just got a new tp2 (clean esn) and I cant get it to activate. I went thru the steps as I done b4 with my first tp on boost, the rep gave me six digits to enter....but it wouldnt do anything!??! I couldnt go any further, I even tried entering several other sets of six numbers and still no reaction. Has anyone had this same problem or is this just my luck? Is there a fix for this? I thought of changing my rom and hopefully this could work.
    "This has been a public announcement and I approve this message"

    Chessman

  5. #815
    deathtrip Guest
    Did you try ##000000# if not, try it. If that doesn't work, then it's possible they didn't give you the right one, the amount of times you can use the MSL has expired, or someone has changed it. You can find it with UniCDMA if you need to... or you can go download the original Sprint ROM and flash it to the phone which might replace it with the original, but I can't promise that.

  6. #816
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    THE SOUTH
    Posts
    83
    Device(s)
    HTC TOUCH PRO
    Carrier(s)
    BOOST MOBILE
    Feedback Score
    0
    DeathTrip thanks for responding, yes I did try the ##000... set of numbers and others ##836... and ##123... and nothing worked.

  7. #817
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    THE SOUTH
    Posts
    83
    Device(s)
    HTC TOUCH PRO
    Carrier(s)
    BOOST MOBILE
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by deathtrip View Post
    Did you try ##000000# if not, try it. If that doesn't work, then it's possible they didn't give you the right one, the amount of times you can use the MSL has expired, or someone has changed it. You can find it with UniCDMA if you need to... or you can go download the original Sprint ROM and flash it to the phone which might replace it with the original, but I can't promise that.
    How do i use the UniCDMA? Is there a link for any of these possible solutions?
    Thanks

  8. #818
    deathtrip Guest
    Unfortunately, google is your friend here.

  9. #819
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    THE SOUTH
    Posts
    83
    Device(s)
    HTC TOUCH PRO
    Carrier(s)
    BOOST MOBILE
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by deathtrip View Post
    Unfortunately, google is your friend here.
    yeah, I just tried that and didnt know where to start. I never heard of "UniCDMA" b4 and so its all new to me. what is it exactly...if you can answer that...if not, thats cool too? I will just have to do some studying and researching i guess. I just want my phone to work....how frustrating...not your fault of course.

    The other wierd thing is, i tried using those sets of six numbers in my current phone and girlfriends sprint phone and still nothing happen. I simply dialed ##000000# and nothing more! Still no reaction even when I tried the other sets of numbers on the other phones. What gives...! Am I missing something here???

  10. #820
    deathtrip Guest
    Well the MSL (those 6 numbers) are assigned to your phone based on its ESN/MEID. There may be 1000's of phones with that same MSL, but you'll probably never see another one matching yours.

    Anyway, it's a lock code, and it is so that you can access to configuration menu of your phone. UniCDMA is a scanning tool It will let you scan the memory of your phone for the SPC/MSL. You must know the addresses though. You can goto the specific thread here on HoFo that pertains to your phone and ask there, most of the time people know and can help.

    I don't really get into Windows phones so I can't tell you the addresses to scan, but it is a method of finding the MSL. But, I'd try flashing the original Sprint ROM to the phone, sometimes it resets it back to normal.

  11. #821
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    THE SOUTH
    Posts
    83
    Device(s)
    HTC TOUCH PRO
    Carrier(s)
    BOOST MOBILE
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by deathtrip View Post
    Well the MSL (those 6 numbers) are assigned to your phone based on its ESN/MEID. There may be 1000's of phones with that same MSL, but you'll probably never see another one matching yours.

    Anyway, it's a lock code, and it is so that you can access to configuration menu of your phone. UniCDMA is a scanning tool It will let you scan the memory of your phone for the SPC/MSL. You must know the addresses though. You can goto the specific thread here on HoFo that pertains to your phone and ask there, most of the time people know and can help.

    I don't really get into Windows phones so I can't tell you the addresses to scan, but it is a method of finding the MSL. But, I'd try flashing the original Sprint ROM to the phone, sometimes it resets it back to normal.
    I think I might be more comfortable with flashing my sprint phone back to its original than to start something new in UniCDMA...funny part is...my new phone has never been flashed?? However it is an unlock phone that I can use on cdma or even gsm.

  12. #822
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    atlanta
    Posts
    88
    Carrier(s)
    Boost Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    if i put a touch pro 2 on boost and sprint tv doesnot work, can i download skyfire browser to the phone? are there any websites i can visit on skyfire browser that will let me stream free live tv? espn, fox, cbs for example

  13. #823
    deathtrip Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessman View Post
    I think I might be more comfortable with flashing my sprint phone back to its original than to start something new in UniCDMA...funny part is...my new phone has never been flashed?? However it is an unlock phone that I can use on cdma or even gsm.
    If the MSL isn't right, then someone has changed it, or someone has changed the ESN/MSID of your phone. Make sure the number listed in the phones status is the same as the one on the sticker under the battery. Also make sure you used the number from the phone and not the box. In some cases the number on the box doesn't match the one on the phone when you buy them used.

  14. #824
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    34
    Device(s)
    boost touch pro
    Carrier(s)
    boost
    Feedback Score
    0
    just a little advice, when you are activating ur phone with a boost rep always write down everything they tell you to enter. i promise you you will need those numbers eventually. they probably wont say here is ur msl or meid, theyll just say enter ##123456#. write it down even if you dont know what it is..............i still have mine for my last 3 boost phones
    what's an iphone????

  15. #825
    deathtrip Guest
    They usually won't give you the MSL and MSID unless you tell them it's a phone that does not auto provision like the KRZR.

Page 55 of 84 FirstFirst ... 5 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... LastLast

Bookmarks