Thread: I was wondering if I could change my W810i to have C510 OS?

Device(s)
    W810i
    Carrier(s)
    Maxis Malaysia
    Feedback Score

I was wondering if I could change my W810i to have C510 OS?

I've been out of the phone modding scene for a while. Last I modded was my silly Moto E398 or something.

So I was wondering if its possible to get my W810i have the 'Conversations' feature of the C510.

Would you guys kindly please enlighten me? Thank you friends!
    Last edited by NightShadow; 02-26-2010 at 05:32 AM.

Device(s)
    C510a, W610i
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T-mobile;
    Feedback Score
    Chances of upgrading W810 to C510 firmware are I believe slim and none. After all the W810i is very old at this point though of course still a remarkable piece of equipment. A number of hacks have been done including a set chronicled in these forums... http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...out-debranding

That thread is big enough to keep you busy for a while. From it you might glean clues about where real S/E fanatics hang out and keep various patches. Possibly you might find one for the conversations but don't expect anything like ability to run more than java applet at a time.
    Prepaid Rocks!

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    i also own a w810i and i have never heard any such feature to convert it into any other's phone. well if there is any such option i would also like to take advantage of that.

Device(s)
    Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    The w810i runs on hardware that no other SE phone has, flashing it with ANY firmware that isn't the w810i will brick it. So not gonna happen.