Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Can a BB Curve be used with no data plan? Just voice and messaging.

Device(s)
    w580i ATT
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ant1pathy
    How did it work out for your daughter?
    I should get the month's bill next week. We'll see then. She says that internet doesn't work on the phone, though.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone7 Plus Apple iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mmiller2002
    I should get the month's bill next week. We'll see then. She says that internet doesn't work on the phone, though.
    You can check online and get a heads up. That way you can stop any practice which might be costing extra money on the succeeding bills. The carrier might not respond favorable to a request for credit if you continue with the practices which caused the charges in the first place.
    Earl F. Parrish

Device(s)
    Samsung D807
    Feedback Score
    what if the BB is not branded to AT&T? Will the user still be able to swap his SIM without having to find the $30 data fee added to their bill?

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bayrider
    what if the BB is not branded to AT&T? Will the user still be able to swap his SIM without having to find the $30 data fee added to their bill?
    Yes.

And less than 10 characters won't go through. That sucks.
    My statements and opinions do not reflect those of my employer, AT&T Mobility. This is disclosed per FTC regulation.

Device(s)
    Samsung D807
    Feedback Score
    so pretty much no txting despite that fancy keyboard?

Device(s)
    w580i ATT
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    How did it work out for your daughter?
    Well, she got the $30 charge alright. She's decided to try it for a while to see if its worth it to have internet since she's been earning decent teen money lately. If her friends are truly not getting charged, it must be a grandfathered thing.

Thanks for the past info on the topic.

Device(s)
    w580i ATT
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Yes.

And less than 10 characters won't go through. That sucks.
    Is that the same as an unlocked phone?

And did you mean that ONLY 10 characters can be in a text?

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S5 Active, Samsung Captivate
    Carrier(s)
    at&t (formerly Cingular)
    Feedback Score

The "And less than 10 characters won't go through. That sucks." part is not in reference to the unlocked phone. This forum has a 10 character limit for posting.
    If you feel that you have to correct some of my posts for my capitalization of some of my words, then just bear with it. It's just a discussion forum where some may be limited by time to answer in well-versed and eloquent sentences.

I already got a PHD (Plain High School Diploma) so ignore my style of writing and I'll ignore your ignorance.

Subject: You can read this-trust me!

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdgnieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid. Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm.
    Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas thought slpeling was ipmorantt!

When asked if I see the glass half empty or half full, I responded I see just a glass of water.
    Now you know how I think.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S5 Active, Samsung Captivate
    Carrier(s)
    at&t (formerly Cingular)
    Feedback Score
    If all she is doing is messaging, she should sell the BB Curve and get one of the non-smartphones with a qwerty keyboard, or touchscreen with onboard qwerty.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Unlocked is NOT the same as unbranded. You need a phone that is not registered to AT&T's system. An unbranded handset, or one from another carrier will work. It will ALSO need to be unlocked to work with AT&T.

Device(s)
    w580i ATT
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mango808
    If all she is doing is messaging, she should sell the BB Curve and get one of the non-smartphones with a qwerty keyboard, or touchscreen with onboard qwerty.
    She has a Samsung A177, but she liked the way the BB stacked up the text threads, or something like that .

Device(s)
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    one of the LG keyboard phones (Venus?) supports threaded text messaging, which is what you're describing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2