View Poll Results: How long you took to port ESN/phone # out of PPC?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • under 1 day

9 60.00%
  • 2-3 days

3 20.00%
  • 4-6 days

1 6.67%
  • 7-10 days

1 6.67%
  • 11-15 days

0 0%
  • 16+ days (post how long)

1 6.67%

Thread: How long to port ESN/phone # out of PPC?

Device(s)
    Palm Pixi Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus Cellular via dealer
    Feedback Score

How long to port ESN/phone # out of PPC?

If you port your ESN and cellphone # out of PPC after the BB/Treo ban
    (i.e., during the last few weeks), how long did it takes?

Sheng-Chieh

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Postpaid
    Feedback Score
    Submitted port request to Sprint Monday night. Tuesday morning nothing had changed so I had to call Page Plus. I asked the helpful rep to check for a port request. About 4-5mins later he returns to say the request is complete.

Follow up questions:
    Does Page Plus have to manually process each port request? Does this release the ESN instantly for activation somewhere else (VZW postpaid, etc?)
    Galaxy S5 G900T on T-Mobile Postpaid

Device(s)
    Palm Pixi Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus Cellular via dealer
    Feedback Score
    Although I voted 4-6 days, but the problem could had been on my end. The email
    server was acting funny last weekend and the new provider said they sent an email
    which I didn't get. Anyway activated now.

Paperbag, I didn't do anything except sign up on Mingo. I doubt you need to do
    anything. Check your online PPC account and see if PPC did anything. If so,
    contact Sprint and see what's happening on their end.

Sheng-Chieh

p.s. PPC, sorry, had to leave. Have to get the data working right on this Treo.

Feedback Score
    The FCC recommends (but does not mandate) that porting requests be fulfilled within 2 hours. Sprint released my number within the hour and ATT released my number within 10 minutes. When I tried to leave Net10, after 24 hours they STILL hadn't released and they claimed it could take up to 7 days. HAHAHAHA! I asked for a supervisor and he processed my port-out in real time while I waited on the phone; took about 30 minutes. In other words, you should not have to do anything extra but unfortunately in the case of the non-major carriers you need to harass them a bit!

Device(s)
    Touch Pro 2
    Carrier(s)
    Mingo (VZW)
    Feedback Score
    I am still waiting. I signed up for Mingo on Sunday (2-21), contacted Mingo Tuesday (2-23). Mingo states they are still waiting on Page Plus to release the number. Come on PP...

Feedback Score
    16+ days (post how long)
    16 days even.

Requested port with Mingo on Feb 6th, finally had a working phone yesterday (Feb 22nd). On about 10 of those 16 days I talked with PPC support at least once.

1Jordan, I suggest you start gently harrassing Page Plus service reps, otherwise you might slip through whatever cracks might exist. Good luck.

Device(s)
    Touch Pro 2
    Carrier(s)
    Mingo (VZW)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by yevoo
    16 days even.

Requested port with Mingo on Feb 6th, finally had a working phone yesterday (Feb 22nd). On about 10 of those 16 days I talked with PPC support at least once.

1Jordan, I suggest you start gently harrassing Page Plus service reps, otherwise you might slip through whatever cracks might exist. Good luck.
    Wow, that's a little disappointing. I sent PP an email, knowing how busy the phones are. My balance expires today...maybe I should add $10...

Device(s)
    HTC Desire 626, LG G3, Moto E2, Lumia 640 LTE
    Carrier(s)
    H2O, Truphone, Lycamobile, RingPlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Jordan
    Wow, that's a little disappointing. I sent PP an email, knowing how busy the phones are. My balance expires today...maybe I should add $10...
    If your balance's expiration date really is today; it's already too late. You need to refill the day BEFORE the expiration date. Your account may already be inactive in which case no porting is possible. The number to be ported needs to be on an active account. You should call CS ASAP.

Edit: Never mind. Here is the relevant info copied and pasted from the sticky:

Any refill is for 120 days, but count it on 119 days or less due to the confusion on the definition of “Midnight”. If you refill before the expiration, all your minutes will be rolled over to another 120 days. If you don’t refill, all your minutes will disappear but your phone # will be held for 30 more days.
    Last edited by tedison; 02-23-2010 at 07:28 PM. Reason: more info

Device(s)
    Touch Pro 2
    Carrier(s)
    Mingo (VZW)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tedison
    If your balance's expiration date really is today; it's already too late. You need to refill the day BEFORE the expiration date. Your account may already be inactive in which case no porting is possible. The number to be ported needs to be on an active account. You should call CS ASAP.
    I'm fairly certain my expiration was today. But it was active today. I just added $10, which added to my previous balance. June 23, 2010 is my new expiration date according to my online PP account (I think it was Feb. 23 before).

Device(s)
    Touch Pro 2
    Carrier(s)
    Mingo (VZW)
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (XV6875.1 Opera/9.50 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en))

Well my port is now complete. About 3 days.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Jordan
    Wirelessly posted (XV6875.1 Opera/9.50 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en))

Well my port is now complete. About 3 days.
    How do you find out your PPC Account Number and PIN?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zoonil
    If your phone number is 987-654-3210

9876543210 is your account number and 3210 is your passcode.

Device(s)
    Touch Pro 2
    Carrier(s)
    Mingo (VZW)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zoonil
    I just put "PagePlus" in that box since there is no account number, besides the phone number.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ncguy
    If your phone number is 987-654-3210

9876543210 is your account number and 3210 is your passcode.
    This may not be true if you have changed your phone number with PPC. E.g., you activated a phone on their service, and did not get an area code that matched the zipcode you gave them - so you call and get a support rep to change your number. In that case, your passcode is the last four digits of that first number.

Granted this may not be true in all number-change cases, but it was for me. I suggest calling to verify your passcode if you've ever changed your number.

Edit to add: The account number, in the above case, remains the 10-digit phone number currently active on your ESN. Only the passcode is a throwback to the old number.

Feedback Score
    Ported out my PP number yesterday to Boost and it took about 3 hours to be up and running on the Boost network. C/S was surprisingly very good on Boost...hopefully all good (but then after PP's yes/no phone fiasco anything is better..lol).