Thread: Gold Rewards status top up minutes expired in 90 days?

Feedback Score

Gold Rewards status top up minutes expired in 90 days?

I have Gold Rewards status since 2007. I live in Canada, I rarely use it and just want to topup once a year to keep the balance not expired.

Oct 2008, I top up $10 and it expired OK until Oct 2009.

Oct 2009, I top up another $10 before 2 days the minutes expired. T-mobile website said minutes will expire another 365 days.

Jan 2010, before I goto US. I log in to my account and suprise to see it will be expired in Jan 05, 2010 (90 days since last top up). OK, I top up another $25, again t-mobile is saying the minutes will be expired in 365 days.

Last week, I check my account and it said minutes expired in April 02, 2010 (90 days since last top up).

I online chat with REP and no resolution lol... Why T-Mobile not able to change the minutes expired date?

Please wait while we find an agent to assist you...
    You are currently at position number 1 in the queue.
    All agents are currently busy. Please stand by.
    You have been connected to _Allyson R.
    _Allyson R: Hi, welcome to T-Mobile live Chat. I’m _Allyson and I will be happy to assist you. Please give me a moment to review your question.
    _Allyson R: you were inquiring about your account?
    Me: I top up $25 in Jan 2010, the expiration date should be Jan 2011, I see my account the expiration date is April 2010. This is not correct. Please change the expiration date to Jan 2011
    _Allyson R: OK
    _Allyson R: I would be more than happy to assist you.
    _Allyson R: Ok
    _Allyson R: OK
    _Allyson R: You're account needs to be 100.00 or more to reach gold status.
    Me: My account already has Gold Awards status since 2007
    _Allyson R: Right, your account needs to be at a $100.00 value or more.
    Me: No, when the account has Gold status, whatever topup will extend the minute to another 365 days
    Me: http://support.t-mobile.com/doc/tm22...eIndex=1&lid=y
    _Allyson R: Please give me one moment to further assist you.
    _Allyson R: Is this the first time that you have had this issue?
    _Allyson R: I'm still here
    Me: Oct 2008, I able to top up $10 to extend another year... Last Oct 2009 I topup another $10. It said it will extend another 365 days, then in Jan 2010 I checked it will expired Jan 05, 2010. OK, I topup another $25, your t-mobile again said it will extend another 365 days, but now I check, somehow it change to expire April 2010 instead of Jan 2011. Please correct the expiration date to Jan 2011.
    _Allyson R: your minutes have to be refilled every 90 days, however, your account remains valid 365 days.
    Me: No, that's not correct. the minutes will expire in 365 days for Gold Rewards status account. If you don't believe me, you can try to top up to my account for $10 and you will see your t-mobile saying that.
    _Allyson R: If you contact us before your next refill, we will extend to 365 days.
    Me: Why don't you change the expiration date now to Jan 2011. This is not acceptable
    Me: Otherwise, credit me back $25 and I will top up again
    _Allyson R: i would not be able to do so.
    _Allyson R: I do regret the issue that has taken place.
    Me: Then you should find someone able to do that, either change the expiration date or credit me back
    _Allyson R: I would not be able to do either. You do have the option to contact us before your next refill to prevent the issue from reoccuring.
    Me: Can you speak to your Manager to do that
    _Allyson R: Unfortunately, that would not be possible because the refill has already taken place, that's why I said contact us before your next refill.
    Me: But this is t-mobile mistake, you have to do whatever you can to fix it. If your system can't change the expiration date, then the other solution is you have to credit back the money to the customers so they can top up again and your system will fix it
    Me: Telling customers waiting for next refills to fix it is not the solution
    _Allyson R: I really regret that your minutes expiration date is incorrect, however, you still will be able to use your device, and when you contacts us the issue will be addressed to prevent this issue from reoccuring. We do appeciate your understanding.
    Me: No, this is not acceptable. My expiration minutes should be Jan 2011. I don't want to topup in April 2010 while there are plenty of money/minutes left in my account.
    Me: Now, I contact you and the issue is not resolve. There is no guarantee the issue will be addressed in the next top up. You have to resolve the issue now.
    _Allyson R: Unfortunately, there really is no way to resolve this issue at this time, but we can resolve it for the near future.

Carrier(s)
    PPC - Trac
    Feedback Score
    At the risk of turning this into a rant thread I'll just suggest you call CS and ask for a supervisor. You must resolve this issue immediately.
    I've learned over the years T-Mo does not do what they say they will do.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless (postpaid),
    Feedback Score

Call them up.

I agree you should call them up, rather than trying to resolve this problem via typing text. Have them look at their own website to see what Gold Rewards is ( http://support.t-mobile.com/doc/tm22440.xml ). You are on the Pay As You Go plan? The Pay By The Day plan doesn't have Gold Rewards.

Also, I wouldn't wait until two days before minutes expiration to refill again. Things can go wrong. Maybe refill two weeks before, so if a problem happens, there is plenty of time to fix it before any minutes expire.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Please post about "trouble"

Gold Rewards is nicely explained on the T-Mobile web site, and yet the wording always seems a little ambiguous to me.

I hope others will post if they find that Gold Rewards in some way "doesn't work right."

I currently have hundreds of minutes and an expiration of Nov 4, 2010, and nothing surprising has happened in my account. But one day I'll make a payment and expect it to work as people always say in Howard Forums.

Feedback Score
    That's really bad if the expiration date changes, so that checking it initially is not enough. I just got a T-Mobile prepaid phone on sale at a drugstore, and maybe I'll take it back.

But I haven't found one cell phone carrier yet that I wouldn't like to strangle in a dark alley.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the bad T-Mobile expiration system, I able to change the expiration date to March 10, 2011 lol...

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...804&p=13574269