Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Verizon crippling connectivity of smartphones still on the Alltel plan - FCC and NC Atty complaint details here.

Device(s)
    ATNI Alltel: HTC, Telular Box, V262
    Carrier(s)
    ATT, Alltel (ATNI), Verizon, Globalstar
    Feedback Score
    My complaint is this: Verizon removed all Analog acquisition form the 2xxxx series prl thus disabling tri-mode phones from searching for analog signals.

Most people would say analog is dead. Well not here. There are still several large analog only service areas including small towns, national parks and a military training area.

Analog was not removed from the divested prl. In these areas a Verizon phone will now show 'no service' while the same divested phone shows full service.

Device(s)
    Casio Rock
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Sprint still has Analog frequencies.. but if you want real cell phone service, then I would stay with Verizon !
    Squires
    FCC Radio Operator, KK1G
    NARTE Telecommunications Technician, (NCT)
    Commercial Radiotelephone Operator w/ ship radar (FCC)
    GMDSS Radio Operator / Maintainer (FCC)
    Canadian Radio Operator, VE3UPK

Device(s)
    ATNI Alltel: HTC, Telular Box, V262
    Carrier(s)
    ATT, Alltel (ATNI), Verizon, Globalstar
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Radio_Freq_VZW
    Sprint still has Analog frequencies.. but if you want real cell phone service, then I would stay with Verizon !
    Sprint has lots of good roaming agreements and coverage. Verizon may have the best overall coverage but the best is what works well were you use it. I know several places that are Verizon no service areas but att works well.

Device(s)
    Casio Rock
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    AT&T is Aweful its Crap GSM and its sounds like your talking through a wind tunnel

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    As so often happens in forums, the original point of the OP has been lost / hijacked by fanboy(s). Back to the facts: some areas within converted markets have former Alltel customers that are experiencing degradation of service due to operational changes resulting from the merger. These customers are under no obligation to switch over to Verizon equipment and/or plans, which may incur additional costs and may be more expensive compared to the legacy Alltel plan they are on. The OP is also claiming that VZW is engaging in false advertising. If he has a copy of his original contract, and the points of his argument can be explained in the terms of service in force at the time of the contract, he could opt for release from the contract, ETF free. If VZW wanted to charge ETF, then perhaps this could go to arbitration. I suspect that these problems are mostly seen in rural and underserved areas, where towers are fewer and farther between. When VZW decommissions towers in areas they deem "full-coverage," it impacts customers that were already in fringe areas and using equipment that do not have optimal RF reception (most HTC's, many LG's, Palm products, etc.). Limitations on data usage warrant a complaint as well, since VZW must honor the contracts that were in force when they acquired the former Alltel customer. By "upgrading" to VZW equipment and plans, that often means more money out-of-pocket. Those of us that have had Alltel service for years recognize that we were always paying less for more... This merger has been trouble for many customers, and VZW could have done a better job.

Carrier(s)
    T-mobile(post),ATT(post/pre), Verizon(pre)
    Feedback Score
    Analog was always 800(850) MHz and Sprint is 1900 MHz.
    Radio Freq VZW, do you always side with Verizon even when their being dishonest. If I had a corporate hero I want it to be fair. Verizon does not have to mess over their Alltel customers to make money. Over time the Alltel people will move to the Verizon plans when the Verizon offerings become compelling due to enhanced features. Why support an entity that basically wants to run roughshod over a portion of their customer base.

Device(s)
    bb tour
    Carrier(s)
    alltel/ATN
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9630/5.0.0.419 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/106)

I think radio missed the point, the Op should not have to purchase new equipment or change their plan in order to receive comparable coverage to what they had before the merger. As a matter of fact vzw said in the press release premerger that alltel customers should suffer no loss of service and should not require new equipment in most cases, apperantely that was just lip service for the fcc's benefit.
    what is this new feature, and how can I manipulate it in order to make myself seem superior to those around me?

Device(s)
    Casio Rock
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Do you guys really think that Alltel phones and Service will last ?? c'mon ....

I heard that they will stop support and service of Alltel's phone in 2011...

so the clock is ticking.... tick tock...

Device(s)
    bb tour
    Carrier(s)
    alltel/ATN
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9630/5.0.0.419 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/106)

Do you guys really think that Alltel phones and Service will last ?? c'mon ....

I heard that they will stop support and service of Alltel's phone in 2011...

so the clock is ticking.... tick tock...
    At which point any former alltel customers will be free to leave etf free raising vzw's churn when the ticked off former alltel customers seek other options.

Feedback Score
    AT&T is Aweful its Crap GSM and its sounds like your talking through a wind tunnel
    There is no particular significance to selecting the quoted post to respond to.

Any of of RF_VZW's posts in this thread could have been picked.

The posts have been rude, dismissive and ignore the facts. Therefore, this post addresses the thread in total to refute the smokescreen.

The most important fact is that VZW wants the OP to switch to a VZW data plan at greater expense and would provision a hybrid prl on the phone currently owned by the OP. Indeed, a hybrid prl could be deployed on his previous phone.

They, VZW, *choose* not to do so.

There is *no* requirement for the OP to buy a new phone. The current phone is acceptable to VZW. They just refuse to provision a suitable hybrid prl on a grandfathered Alltel data plan.

So, it is a matter of money and not technical limitation.
    newsreports.org - mobile friendly site connectivity check

Device(s)
    Casio Rock
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Facts

The Facts are that you if you want a Verizon Hybrid PRL, which I do believe requires a Verizon Data plan, but can not afford it. then, it is not VERIZON'S FAULT !!! PERIOD!!

Device(s)
    Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by every1nosme

At which point any former alltel customers will be free to leave etf free raising vzw's churn when the ticked off former alltel customers seek other options.

By then(late 2011), every alltel contract would have expired and it wouldn't matter.

Device(s)
    Current:Bold 9650
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    The chipset software on Verizon phones are made to work with Verizon Hybrid PRL's. So get a Verizon phone with a data plan and a Verizon Hybrid PRL (for your Alltel Service Area) and stop your whining !!! In order to get the most update Hybrid PRL (roaming list) (will start with 6xxxx) only Verizon phone's support that!! It's called changes in technology Dude!

Verizon CURRENT PRL scheme is
    (5xxxx) - Verizon preferred Towers, then Alltel and so on....
    (6xxxx) - Alltel preferred towers, then Verizon and so on.... (divested areas)

if your phone prl doesn't read that and your on a Verizon Data plan BUY A NEW VERIZON PHONE !!!! THAT SIMPLE !!!

I know you have done quite a bit of research for another thread that a few have appreciated. Now, you're bordering on lunatic fanboy. If you want to worship VZW, there's a forum for that. And this isn't that forum. The VZW forum welcomes lunatics like you with open arms. Keep your ridiculous nonsense out of this forum.

As for cclay25, he likely has forgotten more than you'll ever know. Keep calling him out; see how that works out for you. So far you're 0-1.
    This confusion can easily be avoided if you pronounce the word intended aloud. If it has a voiced Z sound, then it’s “lose.” If it has a hissy S sound, then it’s “loose.” Here are examples of correct usage: “He tends to lose his keys.” “She lets her dog run loose.”

Loose
    not rigidly fastened or securely attached

Lose
    to miss from one's possession or from a customary or supposed place

Also, just because a word has an "s" at the end, doesn't mean it needs an apostrophe.

Feedback Score
    Mod note: Let's stick to the point - the original post, and the OP's specific situation. Extraneous posts, such as your personal feelings about the viability of GSM and how it sounds are irrelevant in this thread. The OP has posted VZW's specific response to his/her complaint. Discuss that freely. No more trolling, and please try to reign in the fanboyism. It doesn't help.

If a post violates forum rules, or is offensive, do not respond to it. Report it, and Nicholas and I will handle it.

Feel free to PM any questions to myself or Nicholas.

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    The Facts are that you if you want a Verizon Hybrid PRL, which I do believe requires a Verizon Data plan, but can not afford it. then, it is not VERIZON'S FAULT !!! PERIOD!!
    Fact: Being able to afford something doesn't mean people are willing to pay that much.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast