Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Northwest Litchfield county.Northwest Hartford County Connecticut 3g buildout

Device(s)
    motorola atrix hd
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score

Northwest Litchfield county.Northwest Hartford County Connecticut 3g buildout

I've noticed that they upgraded another tower to 3g in new hartford on route 44. That solid 3g coverage on route 44 from rhode island to litchfeld ct. That leaves granby,west granby,western suffield,northern parts of new hartford & canton in hartford county. Winsted (winchester),riverton,barkhamsted,colebrook,norfol k,all of the canaans,kent,washington,morris,northwestern parts of goshen,watertown & litchfield,cornwall,lakeville,sharon,new milford,sherman,new farfield,bridgewater,roxbury,bethlehem,woodbury,mo rris,bantam in litchfield county. I suppose that is still some work left over. I would say that whole ares is pretty rural except for the new milford area. Surprised that city is not 3g yet. Anyone know when they plan to finish these cities (one city) & towns. I heard by july 2010? Maybe then it would help fix some of these hand off issues.

Device(s)
    motorola atrix hd
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score

looks like they answered my question on facebook today.that was quick.

Great News Nutmeg’ers! This year, we're planning to add nearly 20 cell sites across the state and upgrade more than 50 additional cell sites to 3G. Plus, we'll be adding capacity to hundreds of more sites. Stay tuned for updates throughout 2010.

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    thanks for the update....

I might be coming back to the AT&T Family after all

so handoffs are still a "failed" call? And downtown torrington is still so-so?

Device(s)
    motorola atrix hd
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score

At&t States That They Will Have New England Completely 3g This Year

i believe when you have a 3g site on an apartment building at about 400 feet sea level downtown torrington.Then you have about three or four 3g sites within a couple miles on hills about 1000 to 1200 feet in elevation surrounding that.Then edge sites about to 4 to 5 miles to the northwest (goshen) of you at 1200 feet plus elevation.There could be issues with signals getting mixed up (hand off issues).that what i was told.Its a topographical issue that probally would be fixed when the upgrade to 3g is finished later this year.also if you check out at&t new room as of the 18th. AT&T STATES THAT THEY WILL HAVE NEW ENGLAND COMPLETELY 3G THIS YEAR by each state seperately where they have sites already 2g.

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I wonder what plans they have; if I recall they said in this area the upgrade to 3G was not till June of 2010... but torrington was lit before that, so is the June date now null; of will goshen/litchfield get it then?

either way i just ported my numbers from verizon tonight to at&t ;-)

Device(s)
    motorola atrix hd
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    What kind of phone do u use on at&t? I have the lg expo now & i'm keeping it. Very fast with the 1gig processor.

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    That lg phone looks really nice, for windows mobile phone lol. Just kidding but that CPU and interface is cool! I've got an iPhone.

So I guess I'm too close to the goshen litchfield line as I keep going in and out of 3g and edge (even some GPRS) while in my home. And as you stated it will drop the call

So what's the best guess of litchfield goshen going 3g, what's strange in my backyard (not really but maybe 4 or so streets over) is a large tower :-(

Device(s)
    motorola atrix hd
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    I actually carried a 3g signal on my phone on wednesday all the way to winsted stop & shop om route 44. The sites are already umts in winchester. The software needs to be turned on. If your getting edge in burrville. Its just hand-off issues because there is edge sites nearby. I beleive winchester,new hartford,barkhamsted,north canton & granby are coming online with 3g soon. I never carried a 3g signal that far into winsted before. The 3g hand-off issues in downtown torrington seem to be in the past.

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aronmatmike
    I actually carried a 3g signal on my phone on wednesday all the way to winsted stop & shop om route 44. The sites are already umts in winchester. The software needs to be turned on. If your getting edge in burrville. Its just hand-off issues because there is edge sites nearby. I beleive winchester,new hartford,barkhamsted,north canton & granby are coming online with 3g soon. I never carried a 3g signal that far into winsted before. The 3g hand-off issues in downtown torrington seem to be in the past.

Still getting EDGE to 3G in Torrington, near Goshen boarders -- any updates when all Litchfiled county will be 3G?

Device(s)
    motorola atrix hd
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    between june & december sometime so they say. i think they are going to do interstate 90 berkshire county & 91 from northhampton to brattleboro vt first though in massachusetts.

Device(s)
    motorola atrix hd
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    http://www.ct.gov/csc/cwp/view.asp?a=962&Q=447146&PM=1 Looks like a new tower being constructed now for at&t with verizon sharing it in barkhamsted off route 219. This will really help fill in some gaps in that area for those who live or travel to the windsor-enfield area from litchfield county like my self. Looks like edge srvice to start off for at&t. Verizon will be broadband off course from the get go. No t-mobile or sprint in this area as off yet.

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Maybe its just me but my 3g experience in town and outside of town has been getting worse and worse (but I will say when it works its LIGHTING fast)... that and increased dropped calls again. Maybe I'll switch back to VZW for god this time.

Device(s)
    motorola atrix hd
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    actually the 3g network in this area is very fast. REASON> Rural area. less traffic. more bandwith. when i am in enfield the speeds are terrible. Bristol is better. Not bad actually. I've been through many places on the east coast. The worst was orlando near disney 2 summers ago 2008. Second worse was virginia beach last summer. Torrington has the fastest that i've ever experienced. Sprint also. once they upgrade the area around us to the hsupa u should be good. I hope!

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Just coming back for an update or two... I'm still a subscriber with A&T but sold my iPhones for the new model, so I'm using some older flip phones. Also opened a Sprint plan to test its evdo 3g speeds in the area, on a HTC EVO.

So far the voice quality of sprint is better, speeds are much slower BUT more stable much larger footprint. In town speeds range from 200-600k which is fast enough for me as long as it stays on the 600k side. Where I work near Bristol speeds hit 1600-2000k which leaves me in awe BUT I that evdo peaked at 1200-1500?

I know its not the right forum but they say CT will have Sprint/Clearwire 4G by dec - not sure if by CT they mean CT or just Hartford?

As it stands now I cancelled my iPhone 4 order and might stick with Sprint - as much as I miss my iPhone experience I really saving money each month with Sprint.

Device(s)
    motorola atrix hd
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Had a 2.8 meg upload today on my lg expo today. It is fast here (3g) at&t in torrington. Thats the fastest i ever had. I don't ever think i hit that on my sprint broadband.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast