Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Who's better to work for? T-Mobile or AT&T? (both want me :O)

Device(s)
    HTC EVO LTE
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Just $35 ARPU? My total ARPU last month was a tad over $60.. Acquisition around $21 and the rest in existing.

Feedback Score
    I worked for T-mobile and hated that job. The quota was ridiculous and I wasn't respected as an employee. I never worked for AT&T but I've heard good things about working for the company.

Device(s)
    Blackberry 9700
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ispygeek
    I worked for T-mobile and hated that job. The quota was ridiculous and I wasn't respected as an employee. I never worked for AT&T but I've heard good things about working for the company.
    I have to disagree with this one. I have not seen any stores with a so called ridiculous qouta. Mostly all the stores have a qouta that is about 110% of what they should be doing which is normal in business. Tmobile is actually a very easy company to work for, but I see a lot of spoiled younger people working there that think this is a hard job. I believe that if the reps were a little older and have had some other job experience....other then retail....I think that this comments like above would not exist. Just my .02c

Feedback Score
    AT&T is the way to go.. I've been with the company for 2 years clearing 70k per year as a rep in a cor store. the goals and expectations are rediculas but if you are a good sales person you will have no worrry

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus 256GB
    Carrier(s)
    USA (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    This is all good information, guys. I was thinking of applying for a part-time position at T-Mobile. Times are tough in general but if I could get a sales job selling technology I like and sevice I can believe in, I think it would be a good start for me. Do they hold it against you if your personal cell phone carrier is NOT T-Mobile?
    "I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way." --Jessica Rabbit, Who Framed Roger Rabbit

Feedback Score
    Neither company will hold it against you. However, they won't want you pulling it out on the sales floor when customers are present. Customers will ask from time to time what phone you have though. AT&T is free, and Tmo is $20 for employee lines.
    On a side note, I'm in Cincinnati and worked part time at a corporate store. I just interviewed with AT&T, also I had the chance talking to several reps at the two stores I applied at. And, AT&T here in Cincy pays much more than Tmo. It is substantially more! The part time benefits are better for Tmo though. So, if you can actually sell and money is your motivation then AT&T is your better option. Just my two cents worth. They both keep changing the comp plan, so be prepared to adapt. I made sometimes double the commission of full time reps when we had the quota multiplier. Then a new structure was implemented. If you were in a store that was Flex pay heavy is was a disaster.
    Good luck

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus 256GB
    Carrier(s)
    USA (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    Well, I applied, but was knocked out of the running because I have never worked in sales. Could explain why Verizon never called me...lol. Oh well, I'll keep on looking. Thanks for the input!

Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    the answer to this, and every other thread asking at which company do reps make more $$$$ is.....................

"I personally believe that if someone is a great rep, they'll know how to work which ever company that they work for commission structure in a way that they'll always pull in great money."
    Anything posted is my opinion and not the opinion of VZW....Any events described may or may not have happened....I may not even exist....I love getting paid to play with phones all day.....TY VZW!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2