Thread: WIND Mobile $35 Unlimited Data Vs. Solo Mobile $30 Unlimited Data

Feedback Score

WIND Mobile $35 Unlimited Data Vs. Solo Mobile $30 Unlimited Data

Anyone have extra info on this? I'm with solo atm and i did use a smart phone with them at one point and had the 30$ unlimited data plan with no cap limit...

Device(s)
    Blackberry Bold 9700
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers 1992-2010 WIND Mobile 2010-
    Feedback Score
    Sounds like a better deal with SOLO but not by much. I am more concerned with voice personally as I use a ton but reliability is also huge.

Not sure what your looking to have answered here. 35vs30 unlimited vs. unlimited. Seems self explanatory.

I don't believe I would use tethering so it is not important to me but perhaps a difference lies within that functionality for you...

Feedback Score
    See if SOLO has made up fees like system access fee and 911 fee and things like that.

Feedback Score
    Uh, where do you get unlimited data for $30? Afaik its still $60-80 for 5gb across all carriers - unless you have a grandfathered or retention plan.

Device(s)
    Apple Iphone 6+
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lalo2001
    Anyone have extra info on this? I'm with solo atm and i did use a smart phone with them at one point and had the 30$ unlimited data plan with no cap limit...
    My question would be, does this include tethering? as i believe winds will include this or does include this
    Disclaimer: Everything I say in this forum and on this website I say as a private citizen and not as an employee of any company of which I may or may not write about. Furthermore none of my postings are done on computers or networks of the the above stated.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LOUDNOISES
    Uh, where do you get unlimited data for $30? Afaik its still $60-80 for 5gb across all carriers - unless you have a grandfathered or retention plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by taichanie
    My question would be, does this include tethering? as i believe winds will include this or does include this

AT solo mobile! No SAF&911 fees!...To all you WIND fan boys I think you need to get your heads out of your ***, I love wind but at the same time if you do your research you will see there are far better deals out there when it comes to data...and yes that includes tethering.....

Feedback Score
    You were the one asking for information on some $30 unlimited data option at Solo Mobile. So I looked on solomobile.ca and wirelesswave.ca because I was genuinely interested myself, and couldn't find it.

At current rates, $35 gets you 1gb hard capped: http://www.wirelesswave.ca/solomobil...RID=48&CID=192

I'm not sure of any carriers besides Wind that publically offers unlimited data for $50 or less (voice + data addon), whether on contract or not. I'm not even a subscriber and I can tell you that much from shopping around.

Which is why I asked where you get the unlimited data for $30 from, and you suggest I do more research. Do you lack basic reading comprehension, or are you just trolling?

Device(s)
    Sidekick 4G
    Carrier(s)
    WIND
    Feedback Score
    Solo Mobile offered a $30 unlimited feature, which has since been discontinued.

It includes any on-device data, does not include tethering using Bell's Mobile Connect.

Tethering works if you use a 3rd party application such as PDAnet or Tetherberry.

No port blocking etc.

Device(s)
    Nokia Lumia 800
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    AT solo mobile! No SAF&911 fees!...To all you WIND fan boys I think you need to get your heads out of your ***, I love wind but at the same time if you do your research you will see there are far better deals out there when it comes to data...and yes that includes tethering.....
    You put up a post just to be rude to people's responses? Get a life.

And I second Loudnoises, show me where you can get $30 unlimited - it is 1GB on the Solo website. Don't be rude to people for plans that are no longer available. It makes you look like a moron.

Feedback Score
    All you gotta do is call in customer service. I called in and asked them if they can put it back on my plan and they agreed.

Carrier(s)
    Koodo Mobile
    Feedback Score
    would this not be better in the Solo Mobile forum?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by live_strong
    would this not be better in the Solo Mobile forum?

I wanted to but there is absolutley no one that posts there the last post before a couple of days ago was in november 2009 lol. I just want someone to compare them to see if paying the extra 5$ is worth it etc...

Carrier(s)
    Koodo Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I wanted to but there is absolutley no one that posts there the last post before a couple of days ago was in november 2009 lol. I just want someone to compare them to see if paying the extra 5$ is worth it etc...
    unlimited data vs unlimited data
    does not matter who you pick, its unlimited

$30 vs $35
    if you want to save money, go with the company offering it for $30

i don't know what else you need compared, common sense should answer your question for you.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by live_strong
    unlimited data vs unlimited data
    does not matter who you pick, its unlimited

$30 vs $35
    if you want to save money, go with the company offering it for $30

i don't know what else you need compared, common sense should answer your question for you.

What I ment was in terms of being able to tether, port blocking, caps etc....as you know bell is really stingy. I can recall someone posting something about their "fair" terms of usage being no streaming videos, music etc...

Carrier(s)
    Koodo Mobile
    Feedback Score
    What I ment was in terms of being able to tether, port blocking, caps etc....as you know bell is really stingy. I can recall someone posting something about their "fair" terms of usage being no streaming videos, music etc...
    if this post is more about Solo Mobile policies (which it is) I will move it to the Solo Mobile forum where it belongs.