Page 33 of 44 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 LastLast

Thread: New Phone(s)

Carrier(s)
    Alltel (Because I like being beaten by a tube sock full of woodscrews)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Phinsfan65 View Post
    Once At&t takes over and I get my new phone, will I be able to sell my my old Alltel phone or will that phone not work any more. I have an HTC WILDFIRE.
    I'm pretty sure you can sell it to someone still on Alltel and they will be able to activate it, won't be a whole lot of us around but hopefully enough you can find someone that wants it.

Carrier(s)
    The Big V
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jake1s View Post
    I'm pretty sure you can sell it to someone still on Alltel and they will be able to activate it, won't be a whole lot of us around but hopefully enough you can find someone that wants it.
    Best bet may be to post it in the FS/FT threads in the Cricket and MetroPCS forums. Alot of those guys can tweak almost any CDMA phone to work on those networks.

Carrier(s)
    @lltel (awcc/atni)
    Feedback Score
    models on the (ALLTEL/ATNI) roadmap:

-Blackberry 9330 Curve III
    -Motorola Droid X or Droid 2 variant coming Feb/March timeframe
    -Samsung M4 (r580) (slider QWERTY, EVDO, 2MP camera)
    -Samsung R250
    -LG AXIS (aka Lg Ally)
    -Blackberry Oxford
    -Samsung i100 (android)
    "I think we consider too much the good luck of the early bird and not enough the bad luck of the early worm. "- FDR

Feedback Score
    Anyone know if Alltel has any plans to upgrade to 2.2 froyo on the Desire. I know I can root/rom to get it, but if there are plans on releasing it OTA I may just hold off.

Device(s)
    Tour 9630
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dajagwar View Post
    Anyone know if Alltel has any plans to upgrade to 2.2 froyo on the Desire. I know I can root/rom to get it, but if there are plans on releasing it OTA I may just hold off.
    I'm curious myself. I went to the VZW office to see if they could get close to my plan in terms of price, but they were $40 off. I was wanting an Incredible, but now it looks like it'll be a Desire since I don't like the X. I'm hoping I can do almost everything (root-wise) with the Desire as I could with the Incredible.

Device(s)
    bb tour
    Carrier(s)
    alltel/ATN
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9630/5.0.0.419 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/106)

Any chance we might see the moto droid pro anytime soon? Like my tour now for the hardware but would love to have that type of form factor with a 1 gig processor and the android operating system. It even has the wifi's, and I hear it grants wishes!
    what is this new feature, and how can I manipulate it in order to make myself seem superior to those around me?

Carrier(s)
    @lltel (awcc/atni)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by every1nosme View Post
    Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9630/5.0.0.419 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/106)

Any chance we might see the moto droid pro anytime soon? Like my tour now for the hardware but would love to have that type of form factor with a 1 gig processor and the android operating system. It even has the wifi's, and I hear it grants wishes!
    IF it were on the books...it would most likely go into testing in april/may..then if it passed testing...you'd be looking at a June/July 2011 release...

just an assumption

Carrier(s)
    Still stuck on Verizon 3G
    Feedback Score
    Alltel is absolutely horrible at gettin phones released at decent dates. I mean come on, by the time the Droid Pro might get released its gonna be almost a year old.

Device(s)
    Tour 9630
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jake044 View Post
    Alltel is absolutely horrible at gettin phones released at decent dates. I mean come on, by the time the Droid Pro might get released its gonna be almost a year old.
    Exactly. The Milestone is a good example.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T former Alltel Blue (WWC)
    Feedback Score
    The Alltel of the past is not the Alltel that exists today. Now that the verizon buyout/divestiture/rebranding is almost complete the Alltel that remains can get back in the business without all of the baggage.

Carrier(s)
    @lltel (awcc/atni)
    Feedback Score
    Purchasing power....93 million customers vs 1 million....

like cclay said...without the red tape...alltel will be able to get new device faster but still the Big V and AT&T will typically have the "latest and greatest" first...

Device(s)
    Current:Bold 9650
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MowTowRollAh View Post
    Purchasing power....93 million customers vs 1 million....

like cclay said...without the red tape...alltel will be able to get new device faster but still the Big V and AT&T will typically have the "latest and greatest" first...
    I'm certain I've posted this at least 3 times. Some people just can't pick up anything. Their pockets are full.....
    This confusion can easily be avoided if you pronounce the word intended aloud. If it has a voiced Z sound, then it’s “lose.” If it has a hissy S sound, then it’s “loose.” Here are examples of correct usage: “He tends to lose his keys.” “She lets her dog run loose.”

Loose
    not rigidly fastened or securely attached

Lose
    to miss from one's possession or from a customary or supposed place

Also, just because a word has an "s" at the end, doesn't mean it needs an apostrophe.

Feedback Score
    I ran across this interview with Alltel's CEO. It pretty much backs up what's been said here.

You can read it for yourself but here's an excerpt regarding device lineup:

"...That is a challenge because our cost structure is not the same as the big guys' cost structure. And as much as rate plans distinguish your offering, the most distinctive feature of your offer is your device lineup. And of course, we have huge disadvantages not just in cost when we acquire these devices but in our ability to get access to the devices. Obviously we have difficulty getting our hands on the exclusive devices – beyond which is what we would pay for them if we could get them.

There is a vein of good news here and that is that Verizon was gracious enough to give us access to those exclusive devices six months after they have launched the device, but that doesn't solve the problem either, but it is a much better position to be in than the alternative."

Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    any updates on how Droid X is coming along for ATNI? I assume it won't be called the Droid X either...any names pop up for it?

Carrier(s)
    @lltel (awcc/atni)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kurtisk View Post
    any updates on how Droid X is coming along for ATNI? I assume it won't be called the Droid X either...any names pop up for it?
    no updates..but rest assured as soon as ANY more info is available..it will be posted

Page 33 of 44 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 LastLast