Page 32 of 44 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 LastLast

Thread: New Phone(s)

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid X
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Just got the Desire today on ATNI area. Lovin' it and its SnapDragon-ness Couldn't be happier

Carrier(s)
    Alltel (Because I like being beaten by a tube sock full of woodscrews)
    Feedback Score
    My local authorized agent is STILL waiting on their shipment of Desire's..... Ohhhh the agony... ;0

Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Gonna hold out here for the Droid X now I suppose. The Desire is very nice, but the Droid X seems like a better phone all around and it seems to be more durable.

Just hoping it is released earlier than March- don't know if my Tour can hold on that long!

Device(s)
    Tour 9630
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    A co-worker has the Droid X. I had the opportunity to play with it for a while, but there was something about it that I just didn't care for. I've owned a Blackberry for almost 2 years now & perhaps that had something to do with it. The display didn't seem real good...large, but just didn't seem crisp to me. I couldn't get used to the keyboard after having a physical keyboard. It was a large phone too. I don't know if it was too large to suit me, though, as I have big hands & don't like "dainty" phones. Perhaps if I had a chance to play around with it a little longer I might have a different view...I don't know.

Feedback Score
    Is the BB Bold the latest and greatest BlackBerry or is there any insight as to a new latest and greatest coming up??

Device(s)
    Tour 9630
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Innkeeper View Post
    Is the BB Bold the latest and greatest BlackBerry or is there any insight as to a new latest and greatest coming up??
    The "Oxford" is in testing. It's a flip phone with the same features as the Bold if I read right.

Link

Feedback Score
    Any more news on how far along that testing is. Thanks,Mike

Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Has anyone successfully put a fully working version of Android 2.2 (Froyo) on the Alltel Desire?

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by syphix View Post
    Has anyone successfully put a fully working version of Android 2.2 (Froyo) on the Alltel Desire?
    Does a custom ROM fit your definition of "fully working version of Android 2.2"?

If so, yes. Running CyanogenMOD Rom 6.1 nightly build 15. It's one of the few 2.2 based ROMs that support CDMA devices.

Feedback Score
    Will the Desire, or any of the Android phones, do wifi hotspot with 2.2?

Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jake1s View Post
    Does a custom ROM fit your definition of "fully working version of Android 2.2"?

If so, yes. Running CyanogenMOD Rom 6.1 nightly build 15. It's one of the few 2.2 based ROMs that support CDMA devices.
    I followed Cyanogen's nightly builds a bit ago. Does build 15 support EVERYTHING, including MMS, wifi, etc.?

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I followed Cyanogen's nightly builds a bit ago. Does build 15 support EVERYTHING, including MMS, wifi, etc.?
    All except MMS seem to work out of the box. Regular wifi works, wifi hotspot working.

I just now found the solution for MMS actually.

Use the attached zip and replace the apns-conf.xml file on your system.

/system/etc/apns-conf.xml

Then delete the telephony.db file and reboot.

/data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/database/telephony.db

Some others have said to put the zip on the root of your SD card and reboot into recovery then use the normal flash zip from card. I did NOT do that, only extracted the zip and put the apns-conf.xml file on my Desire.

Alltel MMS Fix.zip

This file and the steps above are NOT my own work, taken from this thread on xda: XDA
    I DO NOT take responsibility for any damage or bricked anything as the result of using these steps above.

Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    jake1s: Thanks for doing most of the leg work! I'll be picking up my Desire on Dec. 6th, and loading 2.2 the same day (probably).

How does the camera work with Cyanogen's ROM? Is the camcorder 720p HD?

Device(s)
    HTC Wildfire
    Carrier(s)
    alltel
    Feedback Score

Dallas

Once At&t takes over and I get my new phone, will I be able to sell my my old Alltel phone or will that phone not work any more. I have an HTC WILDFIRE.

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    jake1s: Thanks for doing most of the leg work! I'll be picking up my Desire on Dec. 6th, and loading 2.2 the same day (probably).

How does the camera work with Cyanogen's ROM? Is the camcorder 720p HD?
    Not a problem at all.

In the settings it's showing it's set at 720p but I haven't yet recorded anything an put on my PC to check it out.

Page 32 of 44 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 LastLast