Page 30 of 44 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 LastLast

Thread: New Phone(s)

Feedback Score
    yeah after your post I called one more time and was told the same, Android Platform 2.1. Sorry to get hopes up. The young sales rep I spoke with earlier sounded like he knew what he was talking about. Wishful thinking...

Carrier(s)
    AT&T former Alltel Blue (WWC)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris H View Post
    GOOD NEWS MAYBE????

...so I called back to ask about what version of Android will be released with the Desire. I got a young guy on the phone who seemed excited to be talking about the Desire. I told him I know it's not available in my area yet but did he happen to know what version OS it had. He said he was pretty sure it had...wait for it...the 2.2 version!!

I asked if he was sure b/c it was kind of a big deal. He said he was pretty sure. I asked if he happened to have one there to verify. He said, yes in fact he could run get the one from his supervisor. So he comes back to the phone and apologized and said his supervisor had left for the day and locked her office.

I asked if there was ANY OTHER WAY to verify that info and he put me on hold to ask another supervisor. He came back and said, "Yes. The Desire does in fact come with the 2.2 version."

So again... nothing official but it sure sounds like good news to me.
    Not to rain on your parade but he was mistaken. The Desire only has 2.1 and there is no ETA on an update to 2.2. The device actually launched today in Alltel (AT&T) markets for 129.99 after rebate with a 2 yr contract.

Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Okay...Divested vs. non-divested is really screwing me up. I'm in Willmar, MN (56201), an Alltel market that is turning Verizon sometime in the future. This thread stated that my market would NOT get the Milestone. But then we did. Will we be getting the Desire? A friend of mine who works at Alltel indicated that yes, we would. But I'm not seeing it on the site yet. Why would Alltel be releasing a prime phone like the Desire into markets which are going to be switching to AT&T soon (e.g., Rapid City, SD, 57701), where the customer is going to be needing a new GSM phone after the switch any how....but NOT releasing it (right now?) in markets that are STAYING CDMA?? It just seems backwards. Why release ANY new phones to AT&T markets??

Feedback Score
    Well, from what I can tell the desire and wildfire are up and running in AT&T markets. I personally am in michigan (Alltel going to verizon), and from my discussions with a rep at the store we are also getting a version of the desire and wildfire sometime next week (he avoided specifics). It sounds like 25th, but could be the 28th.

Carrier(s)
    Alltel (Because I like being beaten by a tube sock full of woodscrews)
    Feedback Score
    Called a local Alltel store (authorized agent) and they said they just got their "dummy" Desire but no shipment of actual handsets yet, figures some time next week.

I'm Alltel staying Alltel.

Device(s)
    Tour 9630
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    So is it possible for one to put the 2.2 OS on it or would that void the warranty?

Carrier(s)
    @lltel (awcc/atni)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jake1s View Post
    Called a local Alltel store (authorized agent) and they said they just got their "dummy" Desire but no shipment of actual handsets yet, figures some time next week.

I'm Alltel staying Alltel.
    10/28.....
    "I think we consider too much the good luck of the early bird and not enough the bad luck of the early worm. "- FDR

Carrier(s)
    @lltel (awcc/atni)
    Feedback Score
    i know its a bit early..but feb/march 2011 a version of the droidx or droid2 will be released (alltel atni)..more details when available

Device(s)
    HTC My Touch 4G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MowTowRollAh View Post
    i know its a bit early..but feb/march 2011 a version of the droidx or droid2 will be released (alltel atni)..more details when available
    oh why do you taunt me so....I was all set for the desire.....now what do I do.....go ahead....tell me Mr Smarty pants.

Carrier(s)
    Alltel (ATNI)
    Feedback Score
    i was thinking the same thing. i returned my milestone and was getting pumped for the desire. now this. gonna grab the desire though. if not, i'll always be waiting for the next best thing.

Carrier(s)
    Alltel (Because I like being beaten by a tube sock full of woodscrews)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MowTowRollAh View Post
    10/28.....
    I know you had posted that before, but with it dropping for AT&T figured I'd give the local guy a call and hope to get lucky.

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    One thing to consider when asking why some markets are getting it and others are not is that even though we are still operating as Alltel on the front end - we are seperate companies on the backend. AT&T, AWCC/ATNI, Verizon and Element are each doing their own thing. Everything will be much more clear in the next 8 months as Alltel (AT&T), Alltel (Verizon) & Alltel (Element) are assimilated into their respective companies and only Alltel (AWCC/ATNI) remains.

Device(s)
    bb tour
    Carrier(s)
    alltel/ATN
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cclay25 View Post
    One thing to consider when asking why some markets are getting it and others are not is that even though we are still operating as Alltel on the front end - we are seperate companies on the backend. AT&T, AWCC/ATNI, Verizon and Element are each doing their own thing. Everything will be much more clear in the next 8 months as Alltel (AT&T), Alltel (Verizon) & Alltel (Element) are assimilated into their respective companies and only Alltel (AWCC/ATNI) remains.

hi, i'm darrell and this is my brother darrell and my other brother darrell.
    what is this new feature, and how can I manipulate it in order to make myself seem superior to those around me?

Carrier(s)
    Still stuck on Verizon 3G
    Feedback Score
    I just recently logged onto my alltel account and got an update about the merge and it says im in the Verizon market but when i look at the map and try to go to the VZW site and enter in my zip code(49601) it says my area is the AT&T market..so im pretty confused..
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jake044 View Post
    I just recently logged onto my alltel account and got an update about the merge and it says im in the Verizon market but when i look at the map and try to go to the VZW site and enter in my zip code(49601) it says my area is the AT&T market..so im pretty confused..
    Your phone number determines which market you are in. Try using the zip code of the city that your phone number is assigned to.

Page 30 of 44 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 LastLast