Page 28 of 44 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... LastLast

Thread: New Phone(s)

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I went and talked to a rep in the corp store tonight. She said a RIM rep had just been in their store, and she said they'd be getting the new tablet sometime "soon"ish. Whatever that meant.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T former Alltel Blue (WWC)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    I went and talked to a rep in the corp store tonight. She said a RIM rep had just been in their store, and she said they'd be getting the new tablet sometime "soon"ish. Whatever that meant.
    Thats strange considering it wont be released until next year.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cclay25 View Post
    Thats strange considering it wont be released until next year.
    Maybe he meant soon after release? *crosses fingers? lol

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    The Desire just went into a 2nd round of testing because of a minor hardware change. No problems are anticipated though and it should meet the tentative release date in both AT&T & ATNI markets.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    As always, Moto and cclay, thank you for all your info that you've provided us loyal readers.

Carrier(s)
    Alltel (Because I like being beaten by a tube sock full of woodscrews)
    Feedback Score
    +1 on the THANKS to Moto and CClay for the info. Killing me waiting on the Desire, been looking here three times a day it seams waiting for a tentative release date. Just seems so long away..........................

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jake1s View Post
    +1 on the THANKS to Moto and CClay for the info. Killing me waiting on the Desire, been looking here three times a day it seams waiting for a tentative release date. Just seems so long away..........................
    It is worth the wait. Having used the desire for a couple weeks last month and currently using it again for a week - I LOVE IT! Even after I switch to AT&T and get a replacement device I will keep the desire just to play with via Wifi.

Feedback Score
    Clay, here's the big question tho... is the Desire going to be replaced with the same Aria? Or are they going to offer the Captivate/Flipside/X10 for it? Doesn't seem worth buying if they make ya downgrade to an Aria...

Device(s)
    Pixel 2XL, iPhone X, iPad Pro, Samsung S9, OnePlus3
    Carrier(s)
    VZW, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Uhde View Post
    Clay, here's the big question tho... is the Desire going to be replaced with the same Aria? Or are they going to offer the Captivate/Flipside/X10 for it? Doesn't seem worth buying if they make ya downgrade to an Aria...
    I know your wanting info on the free replacement phone but there is a unlocked Desire available that has the ATT 3G bands, but it would be the full price to purchase it. You could just sell the alltel desire to finance the purchase of the unlocked one.
    My main question is ATT going to switch my Alltel plan to ATT if I use unlocked high end smartphones?

Feedback Score
    sprke, that was one of my questions as well. So far it's not answered and I don't think it'll be answered officially until someone tries it.

Carrier(s)
    Alltel (ATNI)
    Feedback Score
    I've noticed that Alltel tends to release new android devices shortly after Cellular South releases theirs. First the Hero, then the Milestone and with the Desire probably coming soon. I also just saw that Cellular South has announced a Galaxy S Phone (Samsung Showcase). Any word on testing of a Galaxy S phone on Alltel?

Carrier(s)
    @lltel (awcc/atni)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Clayton R Stone View Post
    I've noticed that Alltel tends to release new android devices shortly after Cellular South releases theirs. First the Hero, then the Milestone and with the Desire probably coming soon. I also just saw that Cellular South has announced a Galaxy S Phone (Samsung Showcase). Any word on testing of a Galaxy S phone on Alltel?
    negative...
    "I think we consider too much the good luck of the early bird and not enough the bad luck of the early worm. "- FDR

Device(s)
    Tour 9630
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MowTowRollAh View Post

as prev mentioned alltel's goal is to have 5 android phones in the lineup before x-mas:
    -HTC HERO (currently offered)
    -Moto Milestone (currently offered)
    -HTC DESIRE
    -HTC BEE
    -LG AXIS
    Of these 5 droids, is the Desire the best of the bunch?
    My contract's up 1/2/11 with Alltel & i'm pondering jumping ship, but if the Desire is as good as the Incredible, I may stay.
    BTW, Alltel's still Alltel where I live (bought out by ATN).

Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Biggest differences between Incredible (Verizon) & Desire (Alltel):

Incredible: Android 2.2 (Froyo), 8 MP camera, 8GB internal memory (no microSD card supplied), 1300mAh battery (313 minutes talk time)

Desire: Android 2.1 (no word on 2.2's arrival), 5 MP camera, 512MB internal memory (w/ 8GB microSD supplied...at least with U.S. Cellular. Unknown what Alltel will provide.), 1400mAh batter (390 minutes talk time). The Incredible's battery is slightly smaller and shows shorter talk time, but longer standby time (6.1 vs. 5.6 days).

Size: they virtually identical in length, width and thickness.

So, the Incredible beats the Desire based on OS, camera and internal memory. BUT...Verizon's plans are more expensive than Alltel's. My contract is up in February and I will most likely get the Desire to KEEP an Alltel plan as long as I can.

Device(s)
    Tour 9630
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    That's another reason why i'm just pondering...the price difference of the plans.
    I've got a pretty decent plan w/Alltel, plus i'm getting the Affinity discount. Even if I went to VZW, while i'd get a greater discount, the overall price would be higher.
    So if one had an 8gb microSD card, would that apply towards the internal memory?

Page 28 of 44 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... LastLast