Page 27 of 44 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... LastLast

Thread: New Phone(s)

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    well, I'm trying the Milestone out.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaX24 View Post
    Came stock with 2.1, It took me all of 3 minutes after getting home to root it, about 10 more to install Pink Lemonade Kangrade (a FroYo rom) and a 1Ghz low voltage kernal.

So right now I'm hitting 1230 in Quadrant :P
    Sorry for the double....

does everything work? MMS/SMS, etc. ? Can you point me where you got the rom, instructions on root, installation, etc?

Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    droidforums.net/forum/droid-general-discussions/83685-can-someone-give-me-info-my-phone-alltel-milestone.html

read through the thread. I got my preferred rom off the same forum under the LithiumMod sub-forum. Jrummy's Kangerade is very nice, and I very much have a liking for the pink lemonade theme . I swapped the kernal for ChevyNo1's 1ghz low voltage kernal. I might switch to the Ultra low voltage kernal soon.

MMS works I believe.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Thanks, ignore the PM then lol. I'll go a'reading now.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    ok, got it rooted, and installed bugless beast v0.5 @ 800mhz. 1167 Quadrant score.

Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    ok, got it rooted, and installed bugless beast v0.5 @ 800mhz. 1167 Quadrant score.
    enjoy it?

Feedback Score
    Perfect: for those of you rooted, would one of you please do the following? (Sorry to hijack, please bear with us...)

Please note that you're going to want to be pretty stock - you'll want to remove contacts, messages, emails, etc. If you don't feel comfortable doing this, I can do it for you by sending me your backup via Private Message. Either way, this is an experiment that we'd like to try to get Verizon Droids to act as Alltel Milestones.

The method is fairly straight forward, and I was hoping one of you could do the following. It will take about 10 minutes of your time and a lot of credit will come your way for helping us.

I'd prefer you to be on stock Alltel firmware, but if you're not, it should be okay. Onward!

1. Install Universal Androot.

You'll need to go to 'Settings' on your Milestone, then tap 'Applications'. Tap the option at the top titles 'Unknown Sources', and agree. Next, using your Milestone's browser, navigate to http://bit.ly/aa4jxJ. Install and root your phone with the application.
    2. Install ROM Manager.

Go to the Market and type in ROM Manager. Download and install the free version. It'll guide you through how to install the ClockworkMod recovery which will help you back up your phone. After doing this, tap the option about half way down the application titled 'Backup Current Rom'. Label the ROM 'Alltel'.
    3. Upload the Backup.

Connect your Milestone via USB and mount to the SD card. Navigate to /clockworkmod/backup and ZIP the 'Alltel' directory (or whatever you named it earlier.) With the ZIP, either upload it to a post or PM me so I can clear out the data and make it a standard ROM to share. That's all!

Thank you for your help guys. I hope we can get this to work!

Carrier(s)
    Alltel (ATNI)
    Feedback Score
    I broke down and bought the Milestone. I must say I was pleasantly surprised. Rooted, running CM6 oc'd to 1GHZ. Plus I'm digging the physical keyboard. I'm sure the 'newness' will wear off quickly and I'll be wanting something better. But for now, I'm happy.

Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Clayton R Stone View Post
    I broke down and bought the Milestone. I must say I was pleasantly surprised. Rooted, running CM6 oc'd to 1GHZ. Plus I'm digging the physical keyboard. I'm sure the 'newness' will wear off quickly and I'll be wanting something better. But for now, I'm happy.
    agreed

10char

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Yeah, I think my son is going to take this phone, we'll drop his dumb phone, and I'll keep the fascinate. So, I think we all found some compromise here.

Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Yeah, I think my son is going to take this phone, we'll drop his dumb phone, and I'll keep the fascinate. So, I think we all found some compromise here.
    keeping the fascinate? Enjoy it more than the milestone I take it?

BTW, try launcher pro. SMOOTH.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I'm really really having a hard time negotiating the financial aspect of having both phones. I really, REALLY, love the power of the Fascinate. I mean, it's a beast. Even rooted, o/c kernel, the Milestone just feels so "meh", if you know what I mean.

I'm going to have to make a decision in the next few days though lol. It's killing me. The tech junkie in me says, "keep the beast", while my pockets say, "dude, wtf are you thinking!!". lol

Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Yeah, I know what you're saying, F34R...I've got an envelope in my laptop bag which I'm tossing spare bills into in order to "save" for my new Android phone in February. That way I'm hoping I don't have the dreaded "buyer's remorse" when I buy a really expensive phone.

I justify buying a more expensive phone, though, because phones are "outdated" within 6 months of their release...and Alltel releases phones 10-12 months after other carriers. Besides, if I'm going to be using a phone day in and day out for 2 years, I want to be extremely sure of the phone I purchase and spare (almost) no expense.

Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Is it just me, but aren't we (as Alltel customers) basically settling for a phone (Milestone/Droid) that is generally accepted as ancient in the wireless world? It's actually kind of embarrassing. Just picture yourself trying to brag to a friend that you just got the Droid from Alltel...then they pull out their Droid X, Droid Incredible, or Droid TWO.

I can't really see how Alltel, as a wireless provider, can feel confident about themselves to release a phone after another company has released a second generation of the same phone.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still hanging on to Alltel hoping something good comes of this situation in the future- but that just irks me a little bit. Especially sad when I see many of you settling for the phone when you know it's severely outdated the moment you purchased.

It's like buying a used 2000 Corvette from a used car lot when the dealership across the street has the 2011 model for the same price. We are just left to say..."well, I do have a Corvette at least."

Carrier(s)
    Alltel (Because I like being beaten by a tube sock full of woodscrews)
    Feedback Score
    Well, I've heard from an Alltel person recently that October is "going to be a BIG month for Alltel". We, myself and the Alltel guy, are both figuring it's due to the phones they hope to release. With a goal of having 5 Android based devices by Christmas they have to have something in the works.

Sure, the Milestone/Droid is dated but it's still a widely used reliable device. Should it be $149, NO, but it's a choice for some and for those that want a phone they can root and customize out of the gate it's the best option.

I myself plan on sticking with Alltel for quite awhile, I'm in one of the areas bought by ATNI so I'll get to keep the Alltel name for awhile. And with the HTC Desire coming soon (hoping it's part of the BIG October), that should be a sign of the new regime at Alltel realizing new up to date phones are a must to keep customers happy.

Page 27 of 44 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... LastLast