Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: LG ENV3 Shuts off randomly

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat001
    I have 3 enV3's, and none of them shutdown by themselves.

I have run into some firmware bugs regarding MP3 files. In one case, an MP3 file that was handled fine by Windows Media Player caused the enV3 to go into an infinite boot loop. Deleted the MP3 file from the phone and it worked fine. I wonder if that's your problem, dandiggidy.

How can I tell what version my phones are?
    Well after a painful process of elimination on 900 mp3 files I found two mp3 files that the was causing the phone to go into a reboot loop, after deleting them the phone works flawlessly, I tried looking at all the attributes of the 2 files and found nothing different other than while playing the files with media player on windows they sounded a bit scatchy almost like an old record. Anyway thanks for the help.

Device(s)
    LG enV3
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless (NW+Canada)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dandiggidy
    Well after a painful process of elimination on 900 mp3 files I found two mp3 files that the was causing the phone to go into a reboot loop, after deleting them the phone works flawlessly, I tried looking at all the attributes of the 2 files and found nothing different other than while playing the files with media player on windows they sounded a bit scatchy almost like an old record. Anyway thanks for the help.
    I'm glad you were able to find the problem. I was able to 'repair' my MP3 files by telling Windows Media Player to "Overwrite all media information" with what it pulled from the Internet. Be aware that this will update all the files in your library, so you might not want to do that.

I've found that the enV3 also screws-up the genre display sometimes. The enV3 firmware bugs are pretty annoying.

Device(s)
    Pixel 3a
    Carrier(s)
    Mint with Google Voice
    Feedback Score
    My V1.1 with 06 software still shuts down even after being upgraded a few days ago. The Verizon tech was able to force it to crash using a certain keystroke. I am not sure what it is but would like to know so I can try it on my replacement and see if it has the same problem.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Pearl 8130 (Fully flashed)
    Carrier(s)
    Pocket
    Feedback Score
    Try uploading a new bin to it. Correct one lol

Make sure you always make a backup for your phones sake lol
    H!GH [email protected]

To fix the data issue on flashing this phone. (take the sim card out) lol :P

Device(s)
    CDM8900VZW
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Reboot issue on ENV3: i have had this issue with two separate ENV3. I had it on the first model when it first came out (dont have sw version on me now) but i noticed the issue was when i used voice activated dialing - so i stopped and issue resolved. moved on to other phones now back w/ update (more modern hardware ) version on ENV3 - this one reboots when i'm doing certain things.....going through 500 out of 1000 pics fast, usually when i'm using the inside features of phone - i still think there is a bug in the sw that causes spontaneous reboot (verizon rep confirmed this to be case w/ this phone) - i haven't gotten it fixed yet - i tried to d/l new version of sw - looking for more information - anyone out there have the reboots happen while using features of phone like pix (not phone calls) or other things .... using menu's setup, etc.??? Thanks in advance. I just got phone (used) from someone, maybe i'll factory reset it (haven't yet) - i didn't do any mods yet haven't connected to bitpim yet either. not sure what they may have done. any thoughts? similar experiences? thanks in advance!
    Menu, 0000000, #, 2, 1

Device(s)
    Pixel 3a
    Carrier(s)
    Mint with Google Voice
    Feedback Score
    Mine has never booted on its own. It just plain shuts off. Replaced In March and ended up powering down on its own. That one ended up powering down on its own a couple weeks ago. Now on second replacement. All three V1.1 hardware and same software version 6. V rep said LG made new batteries to stop the power and reboot issues. We'll see.

Device(s)
    CDM8900VZW
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Yes i have also noticed spontaneous shut off. It seems to happen when it's in my pocket or pocketbook. Hmmm. No idea about this i read that it is the battery that is suspect but it seems to be very tight (i cleaned contact) - i tried to move it around to see if it would shut off (batt) of course not. going to go to the store to see what they say.

Device(s)
    OnePlus 3, iP7/128, iPXS/64, iPXS/128
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    My daughter's env3 hasn't reportedly shut itself off lately. However, it's been randomly changing the inside and outside wallpaper.

Device(s)
    LG enV3 / VX9200
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Now I'm pretty sure this is gonna end up with Verizon getting a fricking flood of warranty replacement requests (even if you don't have insurance, VZW will replace the phone for defects like this)... but whatever. It needs to be said, and it needed to be fixed before it got onto the production line.

"Take 2" for me seems to have solved the problem. My old phone, the one I'd mentioned here shutting off randomly, started doing something even worse... the front screen started glitching out. At first it'd "crackle", animations would be erratic and sometimes the screen would appear to jam up... then it'd start going "funky", where it'd appear grey until I move my eyes across it and see it flicker an image (probably alternating inversions at a high speed). Then it just went white, dead. Banging on it would sometimes bring it back to life (like on the edge of a table) but it was gone. The main LCD screen on the inside still worked fine, but I had to keep flipping it open to check the time. I had it replaced for this and the power-off issue.

They only replaced the phone itself. Not the battery (so now my battery is a weird, off-color brown against the color of the replacement phone). And you know what's funny? In the, eh, I'd say 2 or 3 months I've had the new replacement phone, I have not once had it power off on me for any reason other than a dead battery.

So anyone that has a dying enV3, I think a solution may be in getting it replaced under warranty. Also a good idea to use the LG mobile phone firmware autoupdater to auto-flash your phone to the latest firmware. Worked pretty well for me so far

edit: Ah, but I have had the randomly-changing-wallpaper issue as well. Figured it was due to a glitch in my card (where my wallpapers are stored), but maybe not? It occasionally goes back to the out-of-box default wallpapers, like it does if I eject the card. Ah well...

Feedback Score
    My friend showed me a way to make the phone turn off on command if it is suffering from the battery issue. Just take the phone, and try to press all the buttons on the front at once. If all goes well, the phone will turn off within five tries. What happens is that all the pressure makes the battery shift ever so slightly and move to a dirty area. This is exactly what happens when you bump the phone in your pocket.

I have successfully fixed three phones that had this problem just by taking a wet tissue to the battery contacts. The three that I fixed have never turned off again.

Device(s)
    Pixel 3a
    Carrier(s)
    Mint with Google Voice
    Feedback Score
    The issue on mine was not dirty battery contacts. I had cleaned them and left the phone on the table where it never moved and it shut off on its own. I honestly don't think ANYONE knows the true reason that these power down on their own.

Device(s)
    Pixel 3a
    Carrier(s)
    Mint with Google Voice
    Feedback Score
    After my second replacement which included "the new battery designed to stop the power off problem" and another refurb phone it stating powering off on its own again. Verizon is now replacing it with a Reality. Good bye Env3, I won't miss you.

Device(s)
    VX8300
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Old thread, but I just wanted to add that my env3's randomly shutting down was definitely fixed by wedging a folded over piece of paper under the battery.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2