Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: LG ENV3 Shuts off randomly

Device(s)
    Nokia E71-2
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

LG ENV3 Shuts off randomly

While using the ENV3, at times it will shut it off by itself. I could be in the middle of a text message or just having the phone sitting on the couch next to me, but the next thing I know, the phone powers itself off. Does anyone else have this trouble??

Feedback Score
    same here... this has happened to me several times...
    where the phone will automatically shut off.
    I called my phone service prvoider and they adivsed me to manually reset the phone. I reset it today, now I'm monitoring it to make sure it doesn't shut off again...

Device(s)
    OnePlus 3, iP7/128, iPXS/64, iPXS/128
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    What version of firmware are you running? Supposedly, V06 fixes that shutoff error. We have 2 enV3's... one with and one without the shutoff problem. I just had them upgraded to V06 and we'll see if that fixes the problematic phone.

Device(s)
    LG Dare (VX9700)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I've had the same problem, on the second one, they are gonna send another replacement. The last one has V06

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by speedlever
    What version of firmware are you running? Supposedly, V06 fixes that shutoff error. We have 2 enV3's... one with and one without the shutoff problem. I just had them upgraded to V06 and we'll see if that fixes the problematic phone.
    Update: the phone with the random shut-off problem... retains that feature even after being upgraded to V06. Daughter still wants to keep it for now. I'm gonna keep an eye on it though.

Feedback Score
    I had the same problem for a few months. My phone would shut off sometimes twice a day. The problem was dirty battery contacts. I took a wet tissue and wiped the golden battery contacts and my phone hasn't randomly shut off in over two months.

Device(s)
    iPhone 5S/Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    It is a loose battery problem. You need to check which manufacturing run you have. My son had a 1.0 with the problem. It was replaced with a 1.1 and all is well.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tobenning
    It is a loose battery problem. You need to check which manufacturing run you have. My son had a 1.0 with the problem. It was replaced with a 1.1 and all is well.
    My daughter has a 1.1 and still has the shutoff problem.

Device(s)
    LG Dare (VX9700)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    my last one with that problem was 1.1

Feedback Score
    Based on my research, all seems to point to the battery connection, dirty contacts, and possibly loose door, as the back cover of the phone IS the battery. If the contacts are kept clean, and the door is made "tight" (sometimes wedging in a piece of paper or rubber), in most cases the shut down issue is resolved. As far as the memory issue, and using a 16 GB SD card - I dont' know how many folks do that. My kids use 2 GB, or 4GB cards, not 16, but maybe....I would lean more towards the battery/door being the culprit more often than the SD card.

Device(s)
    LG enV3 / VX9200
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I've got a 1.1 and I can pretty definitively say that it's NOT a problem with the battery connection, even given the circumstances. I've bent the contacts ever-so-slightly upwards so they make better contact, and it had absolutely no effect on the shutdown issue. I can release the battery and let it go ever-so-slightly back away from the latch and the phone still doesn't cut off.

Same problem here, I think everyone with an enV3 has the same sort of issue at some time, it just doesn't get annoying enough to prompt a lot of people to post about it. I've seen countless reports all over the 'net about it, though.

There have been some days when I've had the phone shut off 2... 3... even 4 times in a day. Each time, I've only noticed the phone was off because I went to check the time and the phone was "dead" coming out of my pocket. I'd switch it back on and sure enough, full battery, just decided to kill itself. I think I've only ever had it shut off while in my hands twice, while I was writing a message or browsing the menus. It's quite annoying, only because my old vx8300 never did anything of the sort. If it shut off, the battery was dead.

Specs-wise, I have a v1.1 hardware enV3 with SW Version VX920V05 (updated via web), PRL version 51468, ERI version 4, and I use the phone with a 1gb Sandisk MicroSD card.

Hope someone can find a solution... I'll check out that new V06 firmware and hope it fixes it, but not holding out much hope. Other than the shutdown issue it's a pretty good phone I've got no real regrets with.

Feedback Score
    I have the env3 as well and it resets when I have my 8gb card installed, my 2gb card works just fine.

Device(s)
    LG enV3
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless (NW+Canada)
    Feedback Score
    I have 3 enV3's, and none of them shutdown by themselves.

I have run into some firmware bugs regarding MP3 files. In one case, an MP3 file that was handled fine by Windows Media Player caused the enV3 to go into an infinite boot loop. Deleted the MP3 file from the phone and it worked fine. I wonder if that's your problem, dandiggidy.

How can I tell what version my phones are?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat001
    snip

How can I tell what version my phones are?
    Pull out the battery and look on the data tag on the phone.

Device(s)
    anything that can get me lte speeds of 20 Mbs or more!
    Carrier(s)
    Metro Pcs
    Feedback Score
    i get the same thing using my lg rumor 2 i just think it is the battery not sitting right or being moved around

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast