Thread: Which Blackberry?

Feedback Score

Which Blackberry?

I am an Alltel divested customer. My Blackberry Curve 8330, which is almost 2 years old, is starting to freeze up on me from time to time. I am thinking about buying another BB. Either another Curve 8330, the new Curve 8530, or the Tour 9630. I have heard positive and negative on all. I'm looking for some opinions on which to get. I am not opposed to waiting if someone knows of a new BB that Alltel will be getting. I thank you in advance to all that help.

Device(s)
    Current:Bold 9650
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LOBG
    I am an Alltel divested customer. My Blackberry Curve 8330, which is almost 2 years old, is starting to freeze up on me from time to time. I am thinking about buying another BB. Either another Curve 8330, the new Curve 8530, or the Tour 9630. I have heard positive and negative on all. I'm looking for some opinions on which to get. I am not opposed to waiting if someone knows of a new BB that Alltel will be getting. I thank you in advance to all that help.

I've had the 8330, currently have a 9630, and have played around with the 8530. I don't see any reason to buy anything other than the 9630, unless cost is an issue. My opinion, the Tour blows them all out of the water. The 8330 is still nice, but the 8530 seems really cheaply built to me. The only advantage it has that I can see is the trackpad.
    This confusion can easily be avoided if you pronounce the word intended aloud. If it has a voiced Z sound, then it’s “lose.” If it has a hissy S sound, then it’s “loose.” Here are examples of correct usage: “He tends to lose his keys.” “She lets her dog run loose.”

Loose
    not rigidly fastened or securely attached

Lose
    to miss from one's possession or from a customary or supposed place

Also, just because a word has an "s" at the end, doesn't mean it needs an apostrophe.

Carrier(s)
    Alltel (Because I like being beaten by a tube sock full of woodscrews)
    Feedback Score
    I had a Curve up until last week and now have a Tour. Agree with Mick, 8530 felt "cheap" and using my for business didn't think it would hold up.

Not a regret about buying the Tour, curve was good but Tour is definitely the way to do if it fits in your $$$ plans.

Feedback Score
    I was thinking the Tour too, but I've read of a couple of problems that really concern me. I've read of trac ball problems. That wouldn't bother me so much if the trac ball was as easy to replace as the 8330, but I've heard that it isn't. I've also read that the call quality is not very good especially when using a bluetooth headset. I've read that the person on the other end can't hear you very well. Any thoughts on either of these issues?

Device(s)
    Current:Bold 9650
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LOBG
    I was thinking the Tour too, but I've read of a couple of problems that really concern me. I've read of trac ball problems. That wouldn't bother me so much if the trac ball was as easy to replace as the 8330, but I've heard that it isn't. I've also read that the call quality is not very good especially when using a bluetooth headset. I've read that the person on the other end can't hear you very well. Any thoughts on either of these issues?

I think the trackball issue was fixed before Alltel released the Tour. I haven't had any problems at all with it. The 8330 trackball had to be easily replaceable. It sucked. I was always changing them.

As far as the BT headset, I have no idea. Don't use them.

Feedback Score
    I've had my tour replaced for:

1. (DOA) bad/unevenly backlit screen
    2. Broken earpiece speaker (torn driver, tinny sound)
    3. Bad trackball

Here's to fourth one being a charm... I hope