Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: how to LG ENVY touch(VX11000) web.

Device(s)
    enV Touch (VX11000 K11)
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by istayed View Post
    i want to know the same too
    It will be cool if Verizon apps will work on metropcs
    The thing is that the web browser and media player are both BREW applications. I just cant figure out why, lets say IM messaging, wont connect to the IM server when metro's proxies and IPs are all correct. Is secure sites and youtube working for you?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by London1989 View Post
    Ok I got my COM, but where do I put that at exactly?
    ON QPST, Click on Add New Port
    For Port: Put COM# (# = the port that your com is in)
    Port Label: Name it whatever you want, or put COM#

Btw, if you dont know what COM u are using, you can plug it into another USB port, the com # will change
    Also, If u not sure what com u use still, just plug in your phone, and add COM from 1 up to 10

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bret was here View Post
    The thing is that the web browser and media player are both BREW applications. I just cant figure out why, lets say IM messaging, wont connect to the IM server when metro's proxies and IPs are all correct. Is secure sites and youtube working for you?
    Aim Apps wont work for me too :/
    But the answer to your youtube is, go to m.youtube.com (Mobile YouTube)
    If u have the new browser installed, it wont work

Device(s)
    enV Touch (VX11000 K11)
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by istayed View Post
    Aim Apps wont work for me too :/
    But the answer to your youtube is, go to m.youtube.com (Mobile YouTube)
    If u have the new browser installed, it wont work
    I have V11 and youtube and SSL working right now. Did it just naturally work? no. I had to do further modifications.

Feedback Score
    Hey Bret & the other couple people that helped me out with all this, jus wanted to say its working like a charm, occasionally my pics dont send but I would much rather be able to receive anyway

Device(s)
    enV Touch (VX11000 K11)
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by London1989 View Post
    Hey Bret & the other couple people that helped me out with all this, jus wanted to say its working like a charm, occasionally my pics dont send but I would much rather be able to receive anyway
    I cant even send MMS messages. I think its mostly due to being lazy and not reinstalling LGs dumb tools... :\

your welcome

Feedback Score

qpst

qpst still not picking up my phone, i have the com # but do not know where to enter it...only allowing me to work offline...

Device(s)
    enV Touch (VX11000 K11)
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    What version of Windows are you running?

also, are you saying that your phone is being detected by windows and given a COM port?

Device(s)
    HTC Evo [Afflicted Evo 2.3.3]
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    need to add the com port manually in qpst config. then you can get into service programming.
    Code Name: L0GiC4L 3ViL
    Quote: "Make love not war... Contribute dont leech.My insane logic gets the job done..."
    Latest Exploits:
    evo full flash (yes mms works), samsung intercept web (ask around), moto droid full flash
    Next Hijack: AFFLICTION ROM

11/4 3000th post

Device(s)
    enV Touch (VX11000 K11)
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by L0GiC4L 3ViL View Post
    need to add the com port manually in qpst config. then you can get into service programming.
    Hello,

Despite getting EVERYTHING else to work on the env touch (web, SSL, youtube, receiving MMS), any ideas on why sending MMS fails? also, is there anyway to configure BREW to contact verizon's servers when doing an upgrade check for apps? I suspect its the ESN being ported to metro + PRL replaced with metro's, but I just want to be sure.

Feedback Score
    i got it, thanks so much

Device(s)
    lg9800
    Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    I need some additional help with this.

I was successful at getting mms to work, then I went back into the files to get the web (wap)

I edited the browser/settings/filedb and then wrote it to the phone. I powered on the phone and went to try out the web. It froze when I clicked on the web icon. after a few minutes I pulled the battery. after replacing the battery I powered the phone on only to get the black screen of death. I can still read the file system with bitpim, but I was too stupid to save a back-up of the db before editing it.

if I get a stock version of the file, would that give a chance at unbricking this? am I SOL?

Help!!!!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cannoncrawler View Post
    I need some additional help with this.

I was successful at getting mms to work, then I went back into the files to get the web (wap)

I edited the browser/settings/filedb and then wrote it to the phone. I powered on the phone and went to try out the web. It froze when I clicked on the web icon. after a few minutes I pulled the battery. after replacing the battery I powered the phone on only to get the black screen of death. I can still read the file system with bitpim, but I was too stupid to save a back-up of the db before editing it.

if I get a stock version of the file, would that give a chance at unbricking this? am I SOL?

Help!!!!
    I had this problem too.. this is how i fixed it

If you brick you're phone(Which mean you're phone keep restarting)
    All u have to do is delete the browser file with bitpim(U wont get it deleted the first time but keep trying
    because the phone will keep restarting.. took me more then 10+ try but then i was surprise when i got it to work again!

If you didnt brick it and when you open the browser, if it freeze it mean
    Either: 1, You probably have 2 browser folder/file on your phone
    OR
    2, Redo the setting for the web

Hope this help

Device(s)
    lg9800
    Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    Thanks I will keep trying this. When you says the phone keeps restarting do you mean it shuts off then reboots or just keeps adding the file? My phone just stays on The initial black screen with a verizon logo. It never flickers, or looks like it is cycling at all. Just the logo for hours. I can however access the files and see that it is still the edited DB file Seems like every time I delete the DB file it just adds it back instantly. Some-one else said that if you delete and unplug the phone very quickly that would work as well.

Thanks again!

Device(s)
    lg9800
    Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    thanks again! after about 30+ tries i finally got it working. what worked is deleting the entire NVM folder. the the phone rebooted and added it back.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5