Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: how to LG ENVY touch(VX11000) web.

Feedback Score
    I have my env touch flashed to metro, all work fine I have web etc. except my gps screen will not enlarge but to a almost imposible to to read size, anybody know how to enlarge it, all other apps work just fine...

Feedback Score
    i cannot even get my bitmap to connect to the phone, i purchased a cord from best buy but when i plug it in it says cord is not reccomended for phone. bitmap will not find it. where can i get a cord from then?

Device(s)
    HTC Evo [Afflicted Evo 2.3.3]
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    ebay is your best bet.
    Code Name: L0GiC4L 3ViL
    Quote: "Make love not war... Contribute dont leech.My insane logic gets the job done..."
    Latest Exploits:
    evo full flash (yes mms works), samsung intercept web (ask around), moto droid full flash
    Next Hijack: AFFLICTION ROM

11/4 3000th post

Feedback Score
    ok got a cord and down loaded lgnpst and cannot ge tit to do anything. can this be done just using bitpin?

Feedback Score
    now qpst is working and all settings were changed like on page one and still nothing. what am i doing wrong

Feedback Score
    i got the stupid idea to try to also change the user name from all zeros to my phone number. then metro pcs like all the other settings to see if that would work now ive bricked my phone and it just loops. how do i fix this. what a night im having

Feedback Score

Exclamation How to CORRECTLY get web on the LG ENVY Touch (VX11000) using QPST

After several hours of trial and error, I have found the correct way to get the web to work on the LG ENVY Touch VX11000. Also, many of us don't have $100 laying around to buy CDMA Workshop. I am going to post my tutorial in this thread since I don't have permission to start a new thread.

Before we start, I just want to list what software I used to achieve this:

- Microsoft Windows XP Professional 32-bit
    - LG CDMA Modem Drivers (You can get the drivers straight from LG here.)
    - BitPim 1.0.7 (BitPim is freeware and can be downloaded at http://www.bitpim.org)
    - QPST 2.7 Build 355 (QPST can be found by searching for it on google)
    - HxD (HxD is freeware and can be downloaded here)

Alright, once you have all the software, let's get started:

1. First we need to get your MEID from your phone. To get this, dial: ##PROGRAM11000 and click send. You will be asked for a service code, type 000000. Click "Service Prg.". You will be presented with your ESN and MEID. Write down your MEID (without the "0x"), then click Exit. Your phone will reboot.

2. Go to http://www.whiterabbit.org/android/. Locate the "MetroPCS on any Android phone" area and type in your MEID in the box below it. Click Calculate. When it's finished, write down the "MetroPCS MSL" code. We will need this code in the near future.

3. Download and install the LG CMDA Phone Drivers. When completed, if asked to restart your computer, do so.

4. Install QPST. When asked to restart your computer, do so.

5. Install BitPim, then HxD.

Now that we have everything we need installed, lets get started on making the web work!

1. Connect your phone to the USB port and allow Windows to automatically detect and configure the drivers. When this is finished, open up BitPim.

2. Once BitPim is loaded, in the menu bar, click Edit, then Detect Phone. BitPim will soon prompt you with a "Enter Phone Owner's Name" dialog box. Just type your name in it and click OK. You should get a message stated the phone has been found on a COM port. Click OK.

3. In the menu bar, Click View, then View Filesystem. A "Filesystem" link should appear on the left pane of the BitPim window. Click the "Filesystem" link.

4. You should see a folder Icon labeled "/". Click the "+" sign to collapse the folder. Once clicked, you will see a notice below that says "Retrieving". This will take a moment.

5. When BitPim finally loads the filesystem from the phone, click the "+" sign for the folder "browser", then click the "setting" folder. Three files should appear: FileDBList, FileDB, and FavDB.

6. Right click on "FileDB" and click Save. Save it to your Desktop. Do not close BitPim.

7. Open up HxD. In the menu bar, click File, then Open... Navigate to your Desktop and double click on "FileDB.

8. Stroll down until you reach the end of the file. On the left, the location will read in blue: 00000E40. Locate the "30" in that line, then highlight it. Once highlighted, replace 30 with 31 . Save the file and quit HxD
    Here is a picture of Step 8

9. Go back to the BitPim window, right click "FileDB" and click Overwrite... Navigate to your Desktop and select "FileDB". When this is completed, close BitPim and restart your phone.

10. Go to your Start menu>Programs, then click the QPST folder. Open up "Service Programming". A phone selection dialog box will appear. Your phone should appear in the "Select an active phone" area. Click OK.

11. A new window should appear. On the bottom left side of the window, click "Read from Phone". You will get a "Enter Service Programming Code" dialog box. Your code is 000000. Click OK.

NOTE: Before we continue, lets make a back up just in case you screw something up. Click "Save to File..." Name the file whatever you want and click Save.

12. You will see a bunch of tabs towards the top of the window. Click the > button until you find the tab "M.IP". Once found, click it. Locate the "Mobile IP Behavior" drop down box, and change "Mob + Simp f./back" to "Simple IP only".
    Here is a picture of what everything should look like in this tab.

13. Click the > button until you locate the "PPP Config" tab. then click it. Click the Um button. On the right side of the window, there is an area called "PPP Authentication". Click the box under "Tethered NAI" and type: [email protected]
    In the box under "User ID", type: [email protected]

NOTE: yourphonenumber = your 10 digit phone number

In the box under "Password", type in the MetroPCS MSL code written down from eariler.

14. While still in the PPP Config tab, click the AN button. In the "User ID" box, type: [email protected]. In the "Password" box, type in your MetroPCS MSL code written down from earlier. When finished, click "Write to Phone". Your phone will reboot.

Here are pictures of what PPP Config should look like: 1 2 3

Now all we have left to do is configure the WAP settings on the phone:

1. Dial ##PROGRAM11000, click send, and type in the security code: 000000

2. Click Data>MIP Setting>NAI Setting>SIP NAI. Make sure it says: [email protected]. Do the same for SIP DUN NAI. If it doesn't, type in [email protected] and save.

3. Keep clicking the back button until you see "WAP Setting". Click this and enter the following data:

Proxy Address Setting>Primary & Secondary Address: wap.metropcs.net
    Proxy Port Setting>Primary & Secondary Port: 3128
    TLS/HTTPS Security Port Setting>Primary & Secondary TLS/HTTPS Security Port: 443
    Username: 0000000000
    Password: (blank)
    Homepage: (whatever you want)

You may exit out of the service menu and begin surfing the web! If you have the Polaris web browser, secure web sites will not work. I will post a tutorial on how to downgrade your phones software that uses a different browser that supports secure web pages and youtube streaming.

Feedback Score
    Thanks ALOT!! this work for me and my web is working
    I recommend everyone to use this guide..

Edit: NVM the MMS do work lol.. but it sometime dont send the pictures message.
    Last edited by istayed; 01-18-2011 at 06:18 PM.

Device(s)
    enV Touch (VX11000 K11)
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    I just wanted to post a little update:

-I got SSL to work on Polaris 7
    - Youtube videos stream!

It was quite an odd and complex fix done straight from the phone. If people are interested, ill post a tut.

I do have a question though about BREW. Is there anyway to get any verizon applications to use metro's network in order for the apps to receive their needed network resources?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bret was here View Post
    I just wanted to post a little update:

-I got SSL to work on Polaris 7
    - Youtube videos stream!

It was quite an odd and complex fix done straight from the phone. If people are interested, ill post a tut.

I do have a question though about BREW. Is there anyway to get any verizon applications to use metro's network in order for the apps to receive their needed network resources?
    i want to know the same too
    It will be cool if Verizon apps will work on metropcs

Feedback Score
    </Quote>10. Go to your Start menu>Programs, then click the QPST folder. Open up "Service Programming". A phone selection dialog box will appear. Your phone should appear in the "Select an active phone" area. Click OK.

11. A new window should appear. On the bottom left side of the window, click "Read from Phone". You will get a "Enter Service Programming Code" dialog box. Your code is 000000. Click OK.<\Quote>

On Step 10 of the QPST, The system doesnt give me the option to "select an active phone" it only says work offline. I think I did everything correctly in the prior steps, any help on why my phone isnt listed in this area? Or does anybody have all the info for the fields I need to fill in to work offline? either way works
    Thnx

Feedback Score
    Think you can help me out plz??? The QPST software isnt listing my phone as active. Jus wonderin what I may have done wrong

Feedback Score
    When you install your phone harddrive, what COM number did it says?
    Like if it says COM6, then on QPST just add com 6

Feedback Score
    Ok I got my COM, but where do I put that at exactly?
    Last edited by London1989; 04-10-2011 at 03:33 PM.

Device(s)
    enV Touch (VX11000 K11)
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by London1989 View Post
    Ok I got my COM, but where do I put that at exactly?

Can you send me a screenshot of what your talking about?

If you are having issues connecting to the COM port, just plug the phone into another USB port.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast