Thread: Account Password or Pin

Feedback Score

Account Password or Pin

How can I find out what my account password or pin is for t mobile? I'm on a monthly service since my contract has long since expired and I am looking to port my number to another provider. They said I would need this and when I called T mobile, they told me that I don't have an account password, does this sound right?

Feedback Score
    If there is no pin or password than your fine...If you want to further verify just go into a store and double check.

Feedback Score
    If you call into customer care, and if we don't ask you for a password, then you don't have one. I get these types of calls all the time.

Device(s)
    Moto Z Play with Mophie battery pack (VZW)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/5.0.17405/2444; U; en) Presto/2.2.0)

For me, the PIN on my account is the last 4 digits of the account owner's SS.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless (postpaid),
    Feedback Score
    If you don't know your PIN, you'll have a tough time having customer service to help you with anything on the phone. This has been my experience with prepaid. What you need to do is go into a T-Mobile store to get your PIN. They're supposed to ask for ID, but the last time I did this I walked in, gave the sales person my phone number, he looked up my PIN, and gave it to me. No ID required. After that, I wondered what was even the point of me going to a store.