Thread: Motorola Q9m Internet login error

Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score

Motorola Q9m Internet login error

I have a Motorola Q9m that is unable to connect to the Internet. Every attempt to connect comes up with "login error". Been trying to call PP to see if the Internet has some how been turned off but can't get through.

I would appreciate it someone that has a Q9m working with the Internet would post their settings so I can see if somehow something got hosed from a big static shock that happened to the phone recently.

So far I have done a master reset, checked the connection info, and all seems ok. Calls are fine, just Internet is not working.

For the user id I have "[email protected]" password is "vzw", but it keeps telling me that the login info is wrong and I can see it's not saved "vzw" as the password.
    Last edited by TheMountainMan; 02-03-2010 at 01:00 PM.

Device(s)
    Droid RAZR and RAZR M
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Three questions, and one comment:

Comment:
    The password you see in "Proxy>VZW Browser" is not going to show you it has saved. It will always show asterisks, no matter the character length.

Questions:
    1) Q9m, which carrier originally? (VZW?)
    2) Have you tried changing the proxy address/port to: ppcgw1.vzwreseller.com:8080 ?
    3) Have you tried setting your username as 'min' or literally your MIN number? (This can be found by getting into the manual programming... ##073887* Send > SVC 000000 > A:User Activation > A:NAM1 > MIN )

EDIT: So you know, I have an Alltel Q9c working with VZW Software, and full internet/MMS capability. If you have any specific questions on this phone, you can send me a PM via HoFo here... I will get back to you as soon as possible.

(I am a PPC employee, so it may be some time before I get back, but I WILL get back to you when I can)
    Just the Smilies I like: Ok, I'm done.

DISCLAIMER: I am not liable for any damage to any phones from my suggestions. Please be a responsible cell phone owner.

Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemonbiz
    Three questions, and one comment:

Comment:
    The password you see in "Proxy>VZW Browser" is not going to show you it has saved. It will always show asterisks, no matter the character length.

Questions:
    1) Q9m, which carrier originally? (VZW?)
    2) Have you tried changing the proxy address/port to: ppcgw1.vzwreseller.com:8080 ?
    3) Have you tried setting your username as 'min' or literally your MIN number? (This can be found by getting into the manual programming... ##073887* Send > SVC 000000 > A:User Activation > A:NAM1 > MIN )

EDIT: So you know, I have an Alltel Q9c working with VZW Software, and full internet/MMS capability. If you have any specific questions on this phone, you can send me a PM via HoFo here... I will get back to you as soon as possible.

(I am a PPC employee, so it may be some time before I get back, but I WILL get back to you when I can)
    1: Verizon
    2: I removed the proxy a day ago to see if that would help
    3: No

I am thinking that only a flash might save it now. I have 5 phones on PP but this is the only one I have he problem with.

Thanks for your suggestions, I will try them before I look into flashing the phone.

Device(s)
    Droid RAZR and RAZR M
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Ok, well, before you flash, let me know what's happening...

Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemonbiz
    Ok, well, before you flash, let me know what's happening...
    Tried your suggestions but still can't connect.

I am not really sure about the proxy. There are many choices. What should I select for "connects from" and "connects too"? What should it be for "type"?

Thanks

Device(s)
    Droid RAZR and RAZR M
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Ok... Proxy settings on my Q9c:

Connects from: The Internet
    Connects to: WAP Network (not secure WAP)
    Proxy: ppcgw1.vzwreseller.com:8080
    Type: WAP
    Username: min
    Password: vzw

Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Still no luck. If PP has somehow turned off data on that phone would that explain what's going on? I tried to call PP yesterday to check if data got turned off, but the woman who answered told me "it's an unsupported phone" and she couldn't check anything.

Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    I discovered that nam1 has my phone number's area code wrong, but when I change it to the correct area code, the phone can't make calls. The MDN is correct.

Did an OTA and it puts the area code in wrong, but that's the only way the phone will connect to dial a phone number, even though the outgoing calls and incoming calls need the correct area code. That make any sense?

Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    The MIN is a number often used by several phones at the same time to connect to a tower. The MDN is your actual phone number. When I program phones and send them out I use a generic MIN that matches the sid I program into the phone I do this so that they can over the air program the phone. If the min and the sid do not match you wont be calling anyone. The MDN doesnt matter when you originally get the phone just the MIN and the Sid
    Disclaimer:
    The above postings are only my own ramblings. My views are my views. Please don't take what I have posted out of context. Please don't take what I have posted as the way you should be raising your children and living your life. Please come to your own conclusions. Please don't bring me drama because I didn't post in a manner in which YOU would have preferred me to.

Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    I am also having the exact same issue your having. However I am trying to get wap and mms working on a generic firmware. Verizon firmware works just fine with the posted settings. My generic firmware does not.

Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    I am really thinking that PP must have Internet data turned off on this phone. I haven't been using this phone much, so don't know when that might have happened, but it's the only thing I can think of that is preventing my login.

Device(s)
    Droid RAZR and RAZR M
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Well, it's shower time and off to work... I will think about what else can help you guys out... And houseflipper is correct about the MDN/MIN ideal.

The MDN should be your phone number... The MIN can be nearly any possibly number (I have seen MIN's from 419 area code with 803 MDN's). The SID is just the area you are in as specified by your account (for example, I am in 21, as are a lot of NW Ohio and Michigan, and Indiana...)

If the MIN does not match what is on your account, then the phone WILL NOT WORK (normally by verifying with CS or setting the MIN to match SID [on a side note, to do this... If you know your SID and it is for example 21 like mine, you can possibly set your MIN to 0000000021. Another thing I have noticed is with all first purchases of nearly any phone, the MDN and MIN and SID are all left at a default of 0000002004 and 2004 respectively.])

Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Daemonbiz,

Thanks for all your time and help, I REALLY appreciate it.

Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    I finally got through to someone at PP who was willing to try a few things. Data IS on, so not sure of why it won't log in. Thinking a flash may be my only hope to fix it.

Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Finally got Internet working again after a ESN reset.