Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Micro Sims on T-Mobile?

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Thanks to those who answered the question about the Micro Sims.

Actually, I have a pretty decent experience surfing the web on EDGE on my iPhone. It is better than AT&T's Network of Misery here, for sure. I use it all the time to check mail and do facebook and it is fine for that. If I want to watch a video, it is better to use WiFi, and unless I am in my car, I pretty much always have access to that, it seems.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by speedaholic
    my thoughts exactly, Just another glorified Apple product. I'd rather pick up a netbook

And I would not, because it runs Windows. I have a free windows laptop from work and I hate it so much that I am planning on buying this so I never have to use that lump of crap again.

I would rather spend $600 then use Windows for free.

Redwood Valley,NorCal/but SoCal Born and Raised/Pocatello,ID
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10+, Samsung Galaxy Watch (AT&T), Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyBunny
    And I would not, because it runs Windows. I have a free windows laptop from work and I hate it so much that I am planning on buying this so I never have to use that lump of crap again.

I would rather spend $600 then use Windows for free.

Your hate of windows is funny, but not substantiated in any reality bun Windows 7 is awesome, even many Mac people will agree, I would broaden your horizons and think outside the fruit, after all, isn't that what Apple preaches? Remember, this is a company we're talking about, not God, Apple has made and continues to make mistakes, so does Microsoft, aka Bob, Windows ME.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    You hate anything Apple just as much, Mike. Have you used a Mac recently? Fair is fair! I have used Windows, many times--though I would love to have all those minutes of my life back. As I said, I have Dell laptop at work (running XP, as it is a company computer, so I dont get a say in it) and it is horrible. It is slow (it takes forever to boot up), it is not intuitive. It is hard to get work done on it, as it decides it will just update Windows randomly, and you cannot make it stop--then I get to wait 15 minutes to boot up again! It has gotten viruses from the network (someone else, not me, I swear!). It is just lame.

And it is fugly, both the case and the interface (hello, 1995 is calling and wants its graphics back). Apps crash with great regularity--I dont know the last time my iMac crashed because it might be never. The Dell runs like crap--because it is crap. My 24" iMac is a thing of swift and elegant beauty and when one is used to driving a Mercedes, it sucks to drive a Yugo. It also sucks to use that craptastic and clunky Microsoft mouse instead of my way cool Magic Mouse. I feel like I am shoving a 5 lb brick around on the desk, instead of just flicking my finger across a smooth surface.

So there you have it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by peetah
    It just hit me that the iPad has bluetooth. If all goes well, you should be able to tether it to your phone and surf the web and all that fun stuff.
    It's a nice thought. However, when I found out that the iPod touch had Personal Area Networking (PAN) bluetooth support, I tried to tether it off of my TM-506.

The problem is, the iPod touch doesn't have the necessary "driver" available for such a use. (As does a Windows machine.)

Apparently PAN is in the touch so that two touches could connect via bluetooth in multiplayer games.

Maybe someone could make an app which would use the PAN to tether. But I'm not holding my breath.

And if Apple follows the same pattern, the iPad won't be able to tether via Bluetooth either.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000
    It's a nice thought. However, when I found out that the iPod touch had Personal Area Networking (PAN) bluetooth support, I tried to tether it off of my TM-506.
    So much for that idea. I guess I could pick up a Windows Mobile or Android based phone to do a WiFi tether to it.

Device(s)
    Google Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by peetah
    So much for that idea. I guess I could pick up a Windows Mobile or Android based phone to do a WiFi tether to it.
    Then you might as well carry a good netbook or an ultra-portable laptop.
    Phone History: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 | HTC Sensation 4G | Google Nexus One | HTC HD2 | Nokia 5230 Nuron | Nokia N900 | BB Curve 8900 | iPhone 3G | Google Ion | Nokia 5800XM | Nokia E71-2 | T-Mobile G1 | iPhone 2G

My Feedbacks: eBay | Heatware | HoFo

Feedback Score
    the contact area on micro sims vs today's regular sims is the same

Device(s)
    Nokia 6610, Touch Pro II, Lumia 640, LG G7
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile (Since Omnipoint!)
    Feedback Score
    In all it just smells to me of an annoying way to try to stop you putting your phone's SIM into it when you want to surf so you are pushed into getting an additional line of service. Expect to see a flood of SIM cutters and adapters (so you can put it back in a regular SIM slot) on ebay...

Device(s)
    BB 8820
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mo
    Feedback Score
    While microSIMs are backward compatible with miniSIMs (current standard) I thought I read they have additional features and that could make a cut down SIM incompatible despite the same contact and voltage etc.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless (postpaid),
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyBunny
    Since the new iPads will be unlocked, will T-Mobile be starting to use the new micro sim cards that it uses?

I know it is not 3G compatible with T-Mobile.

Otherwise, I will have to use the beastly AT&T data network and the AT&T card.
    I wonder what's the deal with Micro SIMs in the iPad. It's way bigger than any cellphone made today. It's got room inside for 100 regular SIMs. The thing should be using MaxiSIMs instead.

Device(s)
    Nexus One / SE Equinox TM717
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jamssx
    In all it just smells to me of an annoying way to try to stop you putting your phone's SIM into it when you want to surf so you are pushed into getting an additional line of service. Expect to see a flood of SIM cutters and adapters (so you can put it back in a regular SIM slot) on ebay...
    SIM cutters already exist. Dual SIM card adapters required a cut-down SIM.

Device(s)
    Android
    Carrier(s)
    -T--Mobile USA|Get More
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by burgerwars
    I wonder what's the deal with Micro SIMs in the iPad. It's way bigger than any cellphone made today. It's got room inside for 100 regular SIMs. The thing should be using MaxiSIMs instead.
    Harder for people to use it with other plans...AT&Trash's way to stifle GSM

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2