Thread: 8575 Alltel to VZW

Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score

8575 Alltel to VZW

Thinking of getting an Alltel LG 8575, a few questions, anyone have one that has changed to Verizon and if so does it work well on the VZW network for voice/sms/mms/web? Also how durable are they? Will it take some abuse without busting the screen? Require a smart phone plan or not? It looks to me like I can use the $9.99 data add on and that would work.

Device(s)
    Storm 9550 - work
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon-for now, their incessant bugging to get off my alltel plan is annoying
    Feedback Score
    I didnt even realize alltel got that phone! I don't know if you would have to add data to it anyway, they only listed VZW phones so you might not have to do anything. If you are on a vzw rate plan, you can't activate an alltel phone...if you still have an alltel plan the $10 connect pack 1 unlimited data should apply to the phone.
    Alltelives: I'm a "King Member" Stunke said so

Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Alltel has the phone, my local agent told me today that I would have to buy a smart phone plan for it and if I'm going to do that I'll get a blackberry pearl flip. I just wish I had a clue about the VZW change, no one seems to know when they're gonna change and I don't like their pricing.

Device(s)
    Casio Rock
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I FOUND THE COMPANIES RESPONSIBLE FOR THE HOLDOVER !!

WE LIVE IN CMA 480(Cellular Market Area) !!.. which is controlled by MICHIGAN RSA #9 LIMITED PARTNERS !!! GOOGLE IT!!

Cass City Internet6450 Main Street, Cass City, MI 48726-1143(989) 872-8201‎

In 1989, Ogden won the Federal Communications Commission lottery of spectrum in RSA #9 (which is the lower tier of Michigan south of Jackson). Cass Cellular was formed as a partnership with four other telephone companies to manage the cellular company. There are three companies in the partnership in 2006. They are Ogden Communications Inc., Sand Creek Communications Company, and D&P Communications.

http://www.ogdentel.com/

It's Ogden Telephone company

And Sand Creek Telco

In the early 1990’s, the Company entered into a partnership with Century Cellunet (now part of Alltel) to provide cellular telephone services in Rural Service Area 9 (which covers the southern tier of counties in Michigan and includes the Company’s service area).

http://www.sandcreektelco.com/history.html

and D&P Cable

http://www.d-pcommunications.com/history.php

We have to contact these Telephone companies and demand that they let Verizon take control!!
    Squires
    FCC Radio Operator, KK1G
    NARTE Telecommunications Technician, (NCT)
    Commercial Radiotelephone Operator w/ ship radar (FCC)
    GMDSS Radio Operator / Maintainer (FCC)
    Canadian Radio Operator, VE3UPK