Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Cox Tests LTE In San Diego, Phoenix

Source: Broadband Reports

As we noted earlier this month, Cox Communications is gearing up to launch a wireless broadband network. The service, which a new Cox website promises will cure the "unfairness" of current wireless industry overages and pricing, will go live in March in portions of Virginia, Nebraska, and Orange County, California. Cox is starting the service by piggybacking on Sprint's 3G CDMA/EVDO network, but is hoping to eventually migrate to faster Long Term Evolution (LTE) technology. According to a press statement this afternoon, Cox just wrapped up LTE voice, data and video trials in Phoenix and San Diego:

"On the heels of announcing our initial 3G wireless service deployments, today's news demonstrates our equal commitment to 4G services," said Stephen Bye, Cox's vice president of wireless. "Through the LTE trials, we are utilizing the AWS and 700 MHz spectrum to test voice, data and video applications and services and ultimately readying to deploy 4G wireless broadband services to meet the needs of our customers. We are encouraged by the success of the Phoenix and San Diego tests, which further validate our decision to pursue 4G based on LTE, specifically the 3GPP Release 8 standard."

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s+ 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    ugh i hate cox... i hope that they fail at this actually. im sorry, but charging 135/mo for 12Mbps internet and basic cable with a DVR... any cable company should be shot for that kind of service!

i finally dumped them this week here in the PHX market and if their wireless is anything like their HD service (random dropouts in picture, and pixelation consistently)... imma have to say i'd pass on that!
    Left: Verizon Unlimited LTE, Right: WideOpenWest 500/50

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I HAD to get away from Cox. The customer service was atrocious as was their cable, I always had constant problems with it. My old neighbor has their cable internet with 200ms ping and comparable jitter, I just recently tested it last week because she was having issues. Cox says it's working just fine..

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s+ 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    my internet was fine, i got 19ms ping with 0 jitter but it was not worth the amount i was paying for it.. i got 20Mbps fiber from qwest for $50/month and my directv is ~50/mo so im paying less for better at this point.