Thread: BES same price as BIS?

Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score

BES same price as BIS?

I am considering switching over to ATT but i have a question, hopefully someone here has an answer. On most other carriers they have data (just BIS) for one price and then BES is an extra $5 or $10 a month but with ATT i only see BB data for $30 is that BES and or BIS or is that just for BIS and there is an additional fee for BES?

Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    NM i just found it BES is $45 each line (ouch!)

Device(s)
    BLACKBERRY 7520
    Feedback Score
    my suggestion would be to search howardforums for boost mobile workarounds for your phone, or on the wiki portion of howard forums. if you find that you can convert your phone to a boost mobile sim card, then i would roll with the unlimited for 50 a month from boost.
    thats just my thoughts. boost is nextel which is also in the end owned by sprint.
    no contracts no problems great coverage.
    look into it .http://www.howardforums.com/newreply.php#
    Where there is a will- there is a way.

Device(s)
    HTC TILT, 8525, BJI, BJII, SE w580i, w760a, z750a
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    or get a phone that supports exchange...assuming your mail server allows exchange activesync.
    iPhone 4 on AT&T:

http://www.xti9.com/v3xx[/FONT][/SIZE]

Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    i currently have the touch pro 2 with sprint and it is driving me nutz, i am going back to Blackberry with my next phone the Bold 9700 and i was just looking for clarification on atts BES fee, it seems like it is gona make my A$$ sore but i dont have a choice really so i will go for it.

Device(s)
    RIM BlackBerry Curve 8900
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    You could always just go with BIS and use a third party program to sync with exchange.

I use Astrasync and have been very happy with it. $50 per year versus $15 more per month.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    The extra $15 for corporate data is the same on AT&T and Verizon. Probably cheaper on Sprint and T-Mo.
    My statements and opinions do not reflect those of my employer, AT&T Mobility. This is disclosed per FTC regulation.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Bold 9650
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Cingular 8525: BlackBerry9700/5.0.0.405 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

It would be nice if rim offered native exchange support. Instead of bes but they do make money off their bes server. But the new bes server express is out now.
    1,000 posts 2:52 p.m March 11th, 2007
    2,000 posts 8:24 a.m February 24th, 2008

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MyPyle View Post
    Wirelessly posted (Cingular 8525: BlackBerry9700/5.0.0.405 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

It would be nice if rim offered native exchange support. Instead of bes but they do make money off their bes server. But the new bes server express is out now.
    Agreed, BES and BESX suck. I just setup BESX at work, had to dedicate a whole damned machine for it.

Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zephxiii View Post
    Agreed, BES and BESX suck. I just setup BESX at work, had to dedicate a whole damned machine for it.
    it doesnt suck are you serious? why did you need to setup a seperate machine? my BES is running on my server with exchange and everything else just fine, maybe the issue is your knowledge of BES not BES?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Yea it sucks, the fact of how resource heavy it is (without even having a user added), sucks, the fact that I have to run BES to get the same basic PIM functionality on a BB that all other smartphone platforms have builtin (even old Palm OS) sucks, the fact that you end up wanting to run BES because IMAP implementation on BIS is so crappy, sucks, the fact that i'm funneling data through someone else's hands kinda sucks too...and the fact that the documentation hasn't been very solid (incorrect entries) sucks....I also hate the annoying SSL certificate warnings when I log into BESX administration, and how the activeX control was blocked forcing me to dig around the browser's security settings.....hell, i'm not THAT big of a fan of the web based administration!!

Yea this is my first install, obviously i'm not going to just dive into installing it on the live exchange server without trying it out on a separate machine first....then realizing that i WANT it separated from the exchange server (and generally everyone i've talked to seem to think that is best). Everything went pretty good....minus how calendar and contacts synchronization doesn't work at all until you dig around and run into threads from everyone else that ran into the same problem...then reading about other random issues people have had....

It's nice though that the abysmal 8530 is not as abysmal anymore. It's FINALLY nice that something like the free BESX is now available...but i'd rather not have to use it.