Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Switching to the Pre

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note II
    Carrier(s)
    VZDub
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CellKrazeDude
    It will be out the 25th. Just be careful with this phone. If you take the battery out of it with out telling the phone you are, it will brick the phone. My friend from tech support was telling me about it.
    I can't speak for all Pres, but I can say I've never had this problem with my mine.

Device(s)
    iphone 5
    Carrier(s)
    straighttalk
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    i love my droid, but i will try both the pre and the pixi !! i have to try every new phone that interests me !!

Device(s)
    Samsung Fascinate
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    The pre is definitely a fun and easy phone to get around. Multitasking is a breeze and WebOS has lots of potential. We've switched out five blackberries with pre's at work and everyone loves them. They do have a few glaring issues that makes daily business use a bit of a pain though. The battery life was a complaint from all five and it just plain sucks. Definitely get a touch stone to put on your desk or even one to mount in your car (we have one who has already done this). It also lags quite a bit especially when you have a few cards open. Also had a few complaints about phones getting really hot during extended use and while charging. Had a case last week where one got really hot, screen turned an amber color, cracks started radiating from the center button (known issue) and wouldn't turn on. My main concern is how that keyboard is going to hold up since two of ours are fairly loose. Hopefully Palm and Verizon will cut out the few issues cause I really like the Pre and want to see it do well.

Device(s)
    Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon #1
    Feedback Score
    I'm just going to pick up the pre and hang on to my droid for a while. They have fixed a lot of issues on the pre plus so we will see soon enough.
    My blog: http://droidphoto.wordpress.com/
    New Life Christian Fellowship
    www.nlcfsaginaw.org

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Natty_lite
    They're both comparable from a technical standpoint. Obviously the Droid has a bigger screen, but it really comes down to whether you want to use webOS or Android.
    But I think that's the problem for a lot of people. Deciding which OS one prefers can be a challenge and is proving to be extremely difficult for me right now. WebOS and Android have A LOT in common, but both also have several advantages and disadvantages that make choosing just one difficult (as is the case with all Mobile OS's). I was 100% on the Droid until just yesterday and now I don't know what to do. I'm sure I'm not the only one.
    A slice of bread will always land peanut butter side down. If, by chance, you put peanut butter on both sides of the slice, it will float forever.

I'm an artist, see LOOK! Told you

Device(s)
    Htc Incredible,Palm Pre Plus,Storm 2,Motorola Droid,Iphone 3gs,Nokia n900,Palm Pre, ,nokia e90
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    All I have to say is try before you buy and definitely before you sell the Droid for it. Its a really nice phone but unless they have added. A lot of features in the last 3 or so months a lot of basic features you take fir granted won't be available without homebrew. Such as text forwarding, video camera to name a few. Lots more just been a while since I picked mine up

Device(s)
    HTC Ozone
    Carrier(s)
    BIG RED (Verizon)
    Feedback Score
    ill be saying bye bye to the droid and hello to the pre plus!

Feedback Score
    I'm on my second droid and getting kinda fed up with it. The loose screen is enough for me to get fed up with it (on my 2nd one, the first Droid's screen was loose to the point I thought it was going to fall off). I'll most likely be taking it back next week within the 30 day period and moving to the Pre Plus. The only thing I'll REALLY miss is free navigation.

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless /
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by michigan mobile
    I'm just going to pick up the pre and hang on to my droid for a while. They have fixed a lot of issues on the pre plus so we will see soon enough.
    I'm probably going to do the same thing. I just went back to my Droid after a few days with my Nexus One (yep already...).

The Pre looks like a pretty fun phone and I've always wanted one.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note II
    Carrier(s)
    VZDub
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MyPantsAreTorn
    ill be saying bye bye to the droid and hello to the pre plus!
    I have both. The Pre sits in its box. The only reason I ever even touch the Pre is to update the OS.

IMO, the Pre just isn't in the same class as the Droid. The hardware feel cheap, and the OS (while beautiful) is slow. Things like apps will come, but they aren't there yet.

Maybe in a year my opinion will be different, but right now, there's no way I'd trade my Android phone for a WebOS device.

Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I had the Sprint Pre since the day it came out and sold it when the Droid was released. I really loved the hardware and webos is really cool. My biggest problem was the OS was a little slow to load apps and the app selection is very poor. Basically the only nice apps was Pandora and some Twitter apps. I'm thinking seriously about dumping the Droid for another Pre now that Verizon has it... maybe I'll get the Pixi... hmmmm.

Feedback Score

I'll try it.

I have had both Droids over the last two months, the Eris was probably the best "phone" of the two. I could not get over the awkwardness, and ridiculous look of the Droid in any case I found. With the VZ improvements being rumored and the feel and look of a phone I am at least going to try it. For the time being I can try a new phone for thirty days and then as long as I go back to my old phone there's no charge.

Device(s)
    Palm Pre
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bd2bonez06
    Such as text forwarding, video camera to name a few. Lots more just been a while since I picked mine up
    Text forwarding came out in an official Palm release and video camera is coming in February (On Sprint that is, probably will be launching with new Pre;s on VZW).

That said, I played around with a Droid and it's a much snappier OS. I love my Pre but it's slow, and the battery life is horrible. Homebrew scene is huge for WebOS though which mitigates a lot of problems.

Device(s)
    EVO LTE
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    phonearena is projecting the same $150 and $100 prices Sprint has for the current ones

Carrier(s)
    Sprint Sero...
    Feedback Score
    But won't the upgrade to 512 on the Pre fix some of the OS sluggishness?

I like my Droid, but its starting to feel alittle too big in my head for a mobile phone. I'm 6'2 with large hands, but I feel like its more of a tablet than a phone.

I will be trying to trade my Droid for a Pre once it comes out.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast