Page 3 of 58 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Motorola Shadow Pre-Release Thread

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Aixelsyd
    Very unlikely you'll see any mfg make a unit with a 4+" screen to come out prior to the N1. And IMO it is no surprise do to tweaking needed hardware and software wise to get at least some decent battery life. Personally I'll hold out for the first Moto to come out with a 4+" screen. And if what I've heard so far all comes true on this Shadow when released it will be one sweet device.

Over the Holidays while sitting in San Fransico airport I got to toy with a guys N1 as he saw me messing with my Droid, and IMO it is nothing to ride home about. If it were out today I'd still keep my Droid over the N1. It (Droid) is a much more solid device in comparing to the N1 I saw at least. Obviously it was not a production unit but as normal just feels cheap to me as it is all plastic just like all the other HTC devices.
    Well, I don't like how the droid feels in may hands (and I know my wife won't like it). It's too sharp and bit too heavy. I don't like having a keyboard. I would like to have an OLED screen, but that isn't a requirement. I liked the way the Hero (Euro) and Desire felt in my hand. I also really like how the HD2 fit in my pocket and hand.

I currently have a Razr v9 on at&t which is over 2 years old. It is crap. Phone calls sound like crap and sometimes echo my voice, that is when I actually get them. They keypad is crap. My two previous Razr phones (original and V3i) were slightly better because of the keypad.

I'm willing to give Moto another chance, but no way with the droid. The most endearing thing about the droid are the docks (though it seems a shame the car dock doesn't have a plug pass through (you could leave the dock plugged into a charger and audio out cable). A mic would be nice too. Maybe a button that started voice commands too.

Companies need to start giving me options though. This staggered release is silly. Moto had the "best" phone for awhile, not HTC is going to get it for awhile. Competition people, stop p' footin around and get some phones released!

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid X
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    When you say this 'Shadow' "won't be out anytime soon", do you mean like 6-months-soon or 1-year-soon?

Device(s)
    moto A855
    Carrier(s)
    vzw
    Feedback Score
    The mention of 1080p at the end made me think of this thread.

http://www.phonearena.com/htmls/Qual...le-a_8674.html

"Over the past year, we’ve seen a lot of high end handsets that are powered by Qualcomm’s Snapdragon chipset. With so many memorable devices like the Toshiba TG01, HTC HD2, and HTC Nexus One, Snapdragon’s presence in each of these smartphones showcases its pure raw power. Qualcomm isn’t sitting back as manufacturers use their chipset to power what’s under the hood of handsets, instead they are already aggressively at work in getting out the next version of the Snapdragon – two actually. The first one will be sampled by manufacturers later in the month – it’s the Qualcomm Snapdragon 8X50A which is a 45nm version of the current chip; but clocked in at 1.3GHz. Outdoing itself already, the juicer second is the dual-core Snapdragon 8X72 with twin 1.5GHz Scorpion cores – which is speculated to be out before the year is over. According to Luis Pindea, SVP of product management, it will be more than adequate for powering smartphones and smartbooks – all the while capable of 1080p high definition."

Device(s)
    Motorola XT1103 Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Well, I'll weigh in here. Damn, I might like this phone, but I have actually spent WAY too much money on new phones last year, so I guess I'll stick with the A855 for a while and see what else happens in another year or so. It seems to have enough power and options to keep me very happy for quite a while. I'm with Aix about the N1, I've never had one in my hands, but I've read enough about it to say to myself, NOT.

@ drhil26, IMHO I think the problems you have with your Moto phones have to do with your carrier, lol. I like the physical keyboard because sometimes when I 'speak' into my droid for emails/texts and it misses a word, I can use the d-pad to go right where I want in the text and fix it.

Batwings and VZW for me, all the way!
    read more, post less

Feedback Score
    I could defiantly believe the calling part of my problems are carrier specific. But the keypad on the v9 is crap, but that's as much my problem for buying it online without testing it for 5 minutes at a store... I get impatient sometimes.

Keyboard or not is always a personal preference. I'd take a smaller phone width over a hardware keyboard any day.

Device(s)
    Droid running Chevyno1's ROM & OC'd to 1.1Ghz
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bill23
    I like how you think buddy.i wish there were a "like"button i could push here.lol
    Lol..... yea kinda always wished they had a like or thanks button here at Hofo.

Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
    When you say this 'Shadow' "won't be out anytime soon", do you mean like 6-months-soon or 1-year-soon?
    At min 6 months from what I kinda gathered from my last conversation on it

Device(s)
    iPhone 2G
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    At min 6 months from what I kinda gathered from my last conversation on it
    So does that mean that it will be "ready" to be announced, launched, or simply a finished prototype? It's around the time frame that the 4th gen iphone will be out, supposedly. However, the iphone (so far) has been announced on june and released on july. Kinda excited for my next phone since my contract ends next month and am willing to wait for a 6 month time frame to get a phone (i.e iphone 4th gen, or maybe the Motorola "Shadow" ). Thanks for the info so far =]

Device(s)
    Droid running Chevyno1's ROM & OC'd to 1.1Ghz
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Amu
    So does that mean that it will be "ready" to be announced, launched, or simply a finished prototype? It's around the time frame that the 4th gen iphone will be out, supposedly. However, the iphone (so far) has been announced on june and released on july. Kinda excited for my next phone since my contract ends next month and am willing to wait for a 6 month time frame to get a phone (i.e iphone 4th gen, or maybe the Motorola "Shadow" ). Thanks for the info so far =]
    Wish I could have an answer for ya but I don't.

However if I were to guess I'd say we will start to hear about the Shadow in 6 months or right around the time of any new iPhone talk. Very unlikely it (Shadow) will be released by then from what I have gathered in my conversations on it. On the iPhone note tho being I don't know what carrier you are currently with but if you are on VZW I wouldn't get my hopes up you'll see the 4th Gen released to VZW this year. Maybe we'd se one once LTE is rolled out but I highly doubt Apple is going to start making GSM and CDMA models of the device. And LTE version of the iPhone would work best for them at the end of the day but the reality is it is all speculation at this point when talking about the iPhone coming to other carriers in the states.

Device(s)
    iPhone 2G
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Wish I could have an answer for ya but I don't.

However if I were to guess I'd say we will start to hear about the Shadow in 6 months or right around the time of any new iPhone talk. Very unlikely it (Shadow) will be released by then from what I have gathered in my conversations on it. On the iPhone note tho being I don't know what carrier you are currently with but if you are on VZW I wouldn't get my hopes up you'll see the 4th Gen released to VZW this year. Maybe we'd se one once LTE is rolled out but I highly doubt Apple is going to start making GSM and CDMA models of the device. And LTE version of the iPhone would work best for them at the end of the day but the reality is it is all speculation at this point when talking about the iPhone coming to other carriers in the states.
    It's alright, I guess we'll hear more about it (Shadow) later on.
    Right now I'm with AT&T (1st gen iphone), but I wouldn't mind changing to Verizon, or any other provider, although having an HSPA(+) smartphone on AT&T would be great. So far I haven't had a problem with my service, or iphone for that matter ( I live in Long Beach, CA) so I wouldn't mind getting the next gen iphone on AT&T. I am really hoping that the next gen iphone is a big upgrade (hardware and os) from previous gens. Maybe an LTE iphone will be ready by 2011, but until then I'll look forward for it.

Device(s)
    htc "Tundabawlt"
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Is the Shadow a lock to come to Verizon? Sorry for the very noob quesion.

Device(s)
    DROID
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by d1andONLYm
    Is the Shadow a lock to come to Verizon? Sorry for the very noob quesion.
    I couldn't consider anything about a phone a "lock" until an official announcement, and even then things can change.

Device(s)
    htc "Tundabawlt"
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Lister
    I couldn't consider anything about a phone a "lock" until an official announcement, and even then things can change.
    You're right, poor word choice.

I just read bill23's comment in another thread. Great for those of us on Verizon. The Shadow will probably be my Droid upgrade.
    Last edited by d1andONLYm; 01-11-2010 at 08:12 PM.

Device(s)
    htc "Tundabawlt"
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Looks like more Shadow pics. I hope these aren't fake.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/01/16/m...erty-keyboard/

Device(s)
    HTC Droid Incredible
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Man I am so geeked about this phone

Device(s)
    iphone 5
    Carrier(s)
    straighttalk
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    from what ive heard the shadow isn't a slider

Page 3 of 58 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 53 ... LastLast