Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Will fido match wind even though not available in quebec?

Device(s)
    Blacberry Bold 9700
    Carrier(s)
    BELL
    Feedback Score

Will fido match wind even though not available in quebec?

Even if Wind not available in quebec, did anyone try to call to match the Always shout plan with the blackberry data plan?
    http://shop.windmobile.ca/ProductCatalog/VoicePlans/ ?

Feedback Score
    idn, just try it
    tell them you are planning to move to toronto cuz u got a new job, in beginning of jan next yr :P

Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    There are no "unlimited" calling codes in the Fido system as of last night. The highest minute plan that can be activated on an account is the 2000 minute plan on Fido.ca

Device(s)
    iPhone 5S
    Carrier(s)
    Fido, RedPocket, Kolbi
    Feedback Score
    Why would Fido match a plan that you can not conceivably even obtain, short of moving provinces?
    Current arsenal: iPhone 5S 16GB / 13" Retina Macbook Pro 2.5ghz 8GB ram / iPad 2 WIFI 16GB / Apple TV 2 / Slingbox Solo / Acer Aspire Z5610 touchscreen all-in-one / Acer Aspire netbook

Fallen soldiers: iPhone 5 16GB / iPhone 4S 16GB / iPhone 4 16GB / iPhone 3G 8GB / BlackBerry Pearl 8100 / Motorola L6 SLVR / Nokia 5190, 3390, 8390, 3220 / Ericsson T18z / Mitsubishi G310 / Motorola C333 / Sony Ericsson T237

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Not likely, when MTS did their $10 and $20 plans in manitoba we only matched them for customers in manitoba.
    It's all fun and game until someone gets hurt... then it's hilarious.

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson Xperia X1
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by darkside flow
    Why would Fido match a plan that you can not conceivably even obtain, short of moving provinces?
    This.

Wait a few months after Wind launches and stabilizes before asking for such things.. imo I wouldn't grant people retention offers that *match* Wind's pricing especially since Wind has no track record and you guys have no idea 1. what their cellular coverage will be like in day-to-day use 2. how their customer service is and 3. if they increase their launch pricing later down the line.

Device(s)
    iPhone 5S
    Carrier(s)
    Fido, RedPocket, Kolbi
    Feedback Score
    Waiting is not even the issue. WIND does not own any spectrum in Quebec. They aren't going to service there. So why would Fido need to offer Quebec customers anything? Price matching is only done when someone can actually buy the competitor's product.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S Gold Edition
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by darkside flow
    Waiting is not even the issue. WIND does not own any spectrum in Quebec. They aren't going to service there. So why would Fido need to offer Quebec customers anything? Price matching is only done when someone can actually buy the competitor's product.
    True. I think you will need to wait for Videotron to do something next year. I really doubt that they will go the Wind way though...it would be nice to have that option here in La Belle Province!

Feedback Score
    Are the current offers isn't enough for you?

What is your current plan and option(s) if I can ask?

Quote Originally Posted by BellCSR
    Even if Wind not available in quebec, did anyone try to call to match the Always shout plan with the blackberry data plan?
    http://shop.windmobile.ca/ProductCatalog/VoicePlans/ ?
    Disclaimer: All my posts, replies, comments and/or opinions expressed on www.howardforums.com are my own contribution only. The views expressed on this page do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of Fido, its management or employees.
    Fritz Z24...

Device(s)
    Blacberry Bold 9700
    Carrier(s)
    BELL
    Feedback Score
    my bro got
    city fido 45$ 2000 min + 10$ caller id, vm, who call, name display, + 25$ data 500 mb
    80$. He been with fido for 2 years no, no contract.

He use more or less 1200 min for his business. Need data.

Device(s)
    Unlocked BlackBerry Passport | Unlocked OnePlus One | Unlocked BlackBerry KEYone
    Carrier(s)
    Fido | Rogers | T-Mobile Prepaid | TruPhone
    Feedback Score
    I don't see Fido matching Wind for Quebec consumers. It would be somewhat similar to Videotron matching Rogers for their television service. Quebec consumers can't get Rogers for television service so why would Videotron match what Rogers offers to Ontario consumers.

I can see them matching Videotron when Videotron eventually rolls out their network. However, I'm not expecting Videotron's pricing for cellphone service (without bundling discounts) to be as good as Wind
    Unlimited Fido Data Plan: NETGEAR Nighthawk M1 Gigabit LTE Mobile Router MR1100

My Tech Blog

Feedback Score
    I think Fido should make an effort even in Québec. Why? Because if I have to pay more for the same services as other clients of the same company, I feel myself being crooked.

If so, when another company is coming, I'm leaving. And if at that time, Fido makes me an offer as good as the new competitor, I still remember that they were abusing me for months or years and I'm going anyway.

Besides, I'm Fido customer for 11 years, but since the purchase of Rogers, I hate this company. It's time they do something if they don't want to see customers leave when a competitor, like Vidéotron, come!

Until then, I'll continue paying $120 a month for my cell phone with lots of limitations! With Wind, I could pay $100 and no longer have these limitations ... Grrr, I hate Fido!

Sorry for my limited English.

Device(s)
    Iphone 3GS 16GB Black
    Carrier(s)
    Fido Solutions Inc.
    Feedback Score
    The Fido brand is considered the less evil of the RCI brand. I would never ever touch the Rogers Wireless division ever!

If Fido were to merge into Rogers wireless, I rather go with Bellus!

Also whats with Wind mobile not comming to Quebec? Its just like pcfiniancal wont service quebec, I had to goto Ottawa to get my free checking account.

Device(s)
    Cingular 8525(Data), Sammy A736(Voice) SOLD SE S500I(Voice), SOLD-Nokia 6300, Q9H, RAZR2 V9
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by STM.info
    The Fido brand is considered the less evil of the RCI brand. I would never ever touch the Rogers Wireless division ever!

If Fido were to merge into Rogers wireless, I rather go with Bellus!

Also whats with Wind mobile not comming to Quebec? Its just like pcfiniancal wont service quebec, I had to goto Ottawa to get my free checking account.
    I got my free checking account in cornwall it's closer!
    ===================================
    My blog: http://www.justgeeky.com
    My site: http://www.facilityhost.com
    Free Image Hosting: http://www.imageupload.ca
    My feedback

Feedback Score
    what you could do is change your number to a toronto number...get them to match wind (if they do it) and the switch your number back.
    - Successfully moved 5 people (+ myself) from Robbers.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast