Thread: Pre-paid data plans in USA

Device(s)
    Nokia N900
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Pre-paid data plans in USA

What are the options available for no-contract full internet access in the US?
    Voice not important, BTW.

What works? What doesn't?

Device(s)
    Google Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Phone History: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 | HTC Sensation 4G | Google Nexus One | HTC HD2 | Nokia 5230 Nuron | Nokia N900 | BB Curve 8900 | iPhone 3G | Google Ion | Nokia 5800XM | Nokia E71-2 | T-Mobile G1 | iPhone 2G

My Feedbacks: eBay | Heatware | HoFo

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm fairly certain Total Internet requires a contract.

I think your only option for prepaid data would be Flexpay, which would be bundled with voice.
    Bye!

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Tmobile now has the even more plus plans, no contracts, the cheapest plan is 49 for 700 mins, you would just go ahead and add the "Mobile web service" to that for 10$ a month and you get full 3g and 3.5g with that. I know you said no voice but i think its worth looking into if theres nothing else thats much cheaper.

Device(s)
    nokia 97
    Carrier(s)
    cincinnati bell
    Feedback Score
    i wireless cincinnati bell allows you to get unlimited text talk and data on 3.5g speeds all prepaid if your in the area

Device(s)
    Google Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nokiapwnsse
    Tmobile now has the even more plus plans, no contracts, the cheapest plan is 49 for 700 mins, you would just go ahead and add the "Mobile web service" to that for 10$ a month and you get full 3g and 3.5g with that. I know you said no voice but i think its worth looking into if theres nothing else thats much cheaper.
    The cheapest plan is the EM+ 500 talk plan ($29.99). You can add the web2go data plan for $10. However we would never know when T-Mobile is going to block the N900 from using it (probably never) since the plan is designed for dumb phones.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4, Samsung Captivate
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nokiapwnsse

The cheapest is $29 for 500 minutes.

http://www.t-mobile.com/shop/Plans/C...p=EvenMorePlus

Device(s)
    Nokia N900
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    AT&T has 100MB for $19.99 on GoPhone. You can roll it over if you renew every 29 days. They also have 1000 txt/MMS messages for $10 I believe.
    [email protected] (Sports Tracker, Friend View)
    Twitter

Device(s)
    Dunno... changes every week.
    Feedback Score
    http://howardforums.com/showthread.p...9#post13313829 - check messages 7,8,9 on there for more info. thedatajack does $39.99 for unlimited internet, I'll see if it's truely unlimited or not once my modem gets here. Runs off T-Mobile's 3G network. I'll also have to see what happens if I put the sim card into a phone rather than the data card.