Thread: Nokia N900 for Dummies?

Device(s)
    Nokia N900
    Carrier(s)
    WIND Mobile
    Feedback Score

Nokia N900 for Dummies?

OK - so I'm not very knowledgeable on this stuff.
    I currently use a cell phone that is "just a phone" and I use a Palm TX PDA for calendar, contacts (address book), memo's, MP3 player, and I'm able to go "on line" using Wi-Fi (access the internet and my POP email), and whatever else a Palm TX can do.

For better or worse, I believe that WIND Mobile will come on-line soon, and I was considering getting a Nokia N900 (which will work on WIND's network, I understand).

I understand that the N900 is basically a pocket computer which has telephone functions built in (one can make and receive calls, send and receive text messages, etc).

Question: If I were to buy an N900, but not activate it until WIND Mobile expands into the area where I live, can I still use the unit pretty much for the same functions for which I now use my Palm TX?

Purchasing a unit now should be better than buying a used Palm TX on eBay, and I would be ready for WIND Mobile, or I can activate it in a nearby location (Burlington or Hamilton).

Any insights you can share, which will help me decide whether or not I should spend this kind of money will be appreciated.

Thank you!
    "My previous cell phone is so old: It has a rotary dial . . .

Device(s)
    Galaxy S II, N900
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    It's already "activated". You can use all of it's features (except for phone) without a sim. All you would need to get from Wind would be a sim card. They don't even need to know what kind of phone you have.